Melbourne Football

FIFA World Cup 2014

MaliMate

It seems like missing any game you're in danger of missing a great game. Why must I sleep dammit. 

Oh just saw that USA/Portugal is an 8am game. Awesome. Waking up and watching the World Cup without getting out of bed has to be one of life's little pleasures. 

Edited by Alexxandro
  • Like 2

Gonna stay up for Russia vs Belgium, go to sleep and give Algeria vs South Korea a miss before getting up again for USA vs Portugal.

...I've loved watching this World Cup but at the same time I'll be fucking glad when it's over  :lol:

• Like 2

I have to say that this world cup has confirmed for me that there is very little justice in the game of football. If refs were perfect and never got anything wrong I would guess the scores would be different for about 40% of games and the results for 20%. Unlike a game like Tennis where the umpire hardly ever affects the result the referee's job in football is so hard they can't help but make blunders. Serbia having a perfectly good goal disallowed was hard to watch knowing it's their first world cup. Or Fred's dive in the first game. 

Basically being a football supporter and caring about your club is like asking to be kicked in the mouth every so often. 

That's true to a point, but they shouldn't put refs that are fucking useless in games when they know they have made controversial decisions consistently in the past. I'm still very sour about that first game, fucking bullshit.

Edited by n i k o

You know referee had a good day when you don't even know who he was and that he was even on the pitch.

A league donkeys love interfering with the game preventing the flow of it and those long discussions on the field are absolutely pointless.

Gonna stay up for Russia vs Belgium, go to sleep and give Algeria vs South Korea a miss before getting up again for USA vs Portugal.

...I've loved watching this World Cup but at the same time I'll be fucking glad when it's over  :lol:

I thought the same

recordedthe Russia v Belgium and got up at 5 to watch that, dour match

the Algeria v Korea was a goal feast, You Jusat Cant Pick Them !

I thought the same

recordedthe Russia v Belgium and got up at 5 to watch that, dour match

the Algeria v Korea was a goal feast, You Jusat Cant Pick Them !

Yeah, I'm devastated! How about being that 19 year old kid from Belgium though, he's only played 20 games for his club and now he's scored a winning goal to put his team through to the knock-out stages of the World Cup.

Fun fact: Costa Rica was immediately ordered to conduct a drug test for seven of their players right after their win against Italy. Maradona accused fifa of a conspiracy job attempt because they wanted 2 big teams coming out of the group stage not an underdog

Edited by Young Polak

I can't help but think Belgium can't be a force on the international stage until they have some decent fullbacks come through. They are currently forced to play centre backs as fullbacks because they have 5 quality centre backs and no quality fullbacks. Even though they are quite skilful on the ball and have quite good attacking ability for centre backs, surely it limits their attacking options.

Edited by Tesla

Fun fact: Costa Rica was immediately ordered to conduct a drug test for seven of their players right after their win against Italy. Maradona accused fifa of a conspiracy job attempt because they wanted 2 big teams coming out of the group stage not an underdog

Apparently after every match 2 players from each team are randomly tested. however, there were 5 Costa Rican players who had not been tested before the tournament so they did it after the game vs Italy.

Plenty of people are underestimating Spain tonight I reckon. Spain will have players looking to impress because it's their first world cup game for Spain or their last... Australia has been decimated by injuries. If the Spanish players are mentally tough and bounce back from the humiliation of the last two games then I can see them killing us. Australia had the advantage of being massive underdogs in both the past two games and the desire to prove the world wrong. I think tonight could be a humbling experience. Spain 3 - 0 

Hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Fun fact: Maradona is a certified DICKHEAD :P

• Like 1