Melbourne Football

EPL 13/14

InMyHeart

After watching Palace v Arsenal I'm shocked by how far behind the other PL teams Palace are.  They look like a 2nd Division side playing in the wrong league.  To his credit Jedinak stands out, but honestly no one player could save that team from relegation. 

Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Chamakh and Gayle are all easily EPL-quality players, plus a fair few others I can't remember right now, but as an overall package, they are pretty poor.

After watching Palace v Arsenal I'm shocked by how far behind the other PL teams Palace are.  They look like a 2nd Division side playing in the wrong league.  To his credit Jedinak stands out, but honestly no one player could save that team from relegation. 

Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Chamakh and Gayle are all easily EPL-quality players, plus a fair few others I can't remember right now, but as an overall package, they are pretty poor.

Shahanga - weird username by the way. Whilst I agree we are well below the standard required to stay up, I thought we were good against Arsenal. More shots, equal shots on target and their keeper was MOTM. Arsenal took care of posession but that's the case most weeks.

Baresi I also think you're wrong. Chamakh, Dikgacoi and Gayle aren't upto it. Joel Ward our right back on the otherhand is class and Jerome Thomas is PL quality on his day.

Edited by Mstrkrft

that massive guy Bolasie who came on for you guys was incredibly good. (mind you this is the first time id seen him play)

exactly the type of player Arsenal need... a CM who's tall, strong, powerful - while having pace and skill. 

EDIT: just read he's not really a CM but a beast player anyways

Edited by nicotera5
  • Like 1

that massive guy Bolasie who came on for you guys was incredibly good. (mind you this is the first time id seen him play)

exactly the type of player Arsenal need... a CM who's tall, strong, powerful - while having pace and skill. 

EDIT: just read he's not really a CM but a beast player anyways

Bolasie will be quality when he learns to play the final ball.

• Like 1

would have to agree with that, but as hes surrounded with mostly spastics (no offence lol), if he were to play for a top 6 or so club he would look a much better player as everyone around him would make more intelligent runs, have better ball control, and take some onus off him. 

but im still in love with this bloke! might have to start watching Palace games more often now ;)

Yannick-Bolasie-121222-LooksOn-AI-300.jp

Shahanga - weird username by the way. Whilst I agree we are well below the standard required to stay up, I thought we were good against Arsenal. More shots, equal shots on target and their keeper was MOTM. Arsenal took care of posession but that's the case most weeks.

Well yeah.  After the inspirational Tanazanian runner Gidemas Shahanga- C'wealth gold medallist at both Edmonton and Brisbane.  In retrospect silly choice for a football forum, but too late to worry now. 

I wish Palace well.  They certainly give 100%.  I only hope they haven't spent much money assembling that squad.  Whilst most teams go all out trying to stay up, I thought WBA's approach (perhaps more by accident than design) was an effective one.  They seemed to slowly build their squad, used promotion to build their financial strength and thus were strong enough to come back once relegated.  They went on yo-yoing until momentum/strength kept them up.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, the Saints are arguably playing the most attractive football of the lot this season. Should be aiming for top 6 if they can keep Herbert fit... Surprise of the season, and how refreshing for the Premier League to have an odd looking top 6 with Everton contending as well. Best BPL season in a while

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: I think a certain Jose Mourinho might take the cake there mate. Arsene really didn't say too much, he thought it might have been a foul on Lukaku but he quickly moved on from it and had some praise for Everton, which was fair enough. It's natural to be pretty pissed when you concede like that, only a few minutes to go and you let in a goal which is pretty much unpreventable no matter how much you look at it.

I see from the other topics than you're an Everton fan, I'm an Arsenal fan myself, ripper game, you guys have probably tested us more than any other English team that's come to the Emirates this season.

Really loving the football you're playing at the moment. Martinez is a fantastic manager and a real class act, when Arsene decides to walk away in a few years time I'd have Roberto on my shortlist of managers to take the helm.

Hope you guys squeeze into the top 4 this season! (preferably at the expense of Liverpool).

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

:lol: I think a certain Jose Mourinho might take the cake there mate. Arsene really didn't say too much, he thought it might have been a foul on Lukaku but he quickly moved on from it and had some praise for Everton, which was fair enough. It's natural to be pretty pissed when you concede like that, only a few minutes to go and you let in a goal which is pretty much unpreventable no matter how much you look at it.

I see from the other topics than you're an Everton fan, I'm an Arsenal fan myself, ripper game, you guys have probably tested us more than any other English team that's come to the Emirates this season.

Really loving the football you're playing at the moment. Martinez is a fantastic manager and a real class act, when Arsene decides to walk away in a few years time I'd have Roberto on my shortlist of managers to take the helm.

Hope you guys squeeze into the top 4 this season! (preferably at the expense of Liverpool).

Yeah I have since seen the positive comments about us, just didn't like his whinging about the fouls when you guys conceded more. Both teams had a couple of blatant ones, yet we were the only ones booked.

Was a ripper of a match and I was very happy to take a point away from it, you guys had some great chances and Giroud was so unlucky with that strike at the end, geez he hit that sweetly!

I'd love to take a CL spot, we have a good run of games now but these are ones we are now expected ti take maximum points from after out last 2 performances. If we do then we'll be laughing, especially with the games the top 4 have coming up.

Yeah I have since seen the positive comments about us, just didn't like his whinging about the fouls when you guys conceded more. Both teams had a couple of blatant ones, yet we were the only ones booked.

Was a ripper of a match and I was very happy to take a point away from it, you guys had some great chances and Giroud was so unlucky with that strike at the end, geez he hit that sweetly!

I'd love to take a CL spot, we have a good run of games now but these are ones we are now expected ti take maximum points from after out last 2 performances. If we do then we'll be laughing, especially with the games the top 4 have coming up.

Haha yeah there wasn't really much to complain about, I think he was more cut that we couldn't hold out in the end.

It was fantastic, some real end to end stuff. Oh man, I almost lost it when he hit that, so close! The draw was probably a fair result though, so I have no complaints.

You guys are a pretty good chance as far as I'm concerned, especially given the fact that Liverpool will probably fall away at some point based on how they've been travelling lately and United and Spurs seem allergic to the opportunity of trying to pinch that spot. Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, this is probably the most exciting premier league season in a long time...

Table looks fresh, still a number of teams in the running and there looks to be a tasty wee relegation fight come the end of the season.

Thank fuck fergie retired... The premier leagues actually enjoyable again.

So much this. Haven't been able to get myself interested in it for the last 4-5 years but this season I'm glued to it, don't even have a team ffs.

Not gonna lie, this is probably the most exciting premier league season in a long time...

Table looks fresh, still a number of teams in the running and there looks to be a tasty wee relegation fight come the end of the season.

So much this. Haven't been able to get myself interested in it for the last 4-5 years but this season I'm glued to it, don't even have a team ffs. Go for gunners

Problem solved

So much this. Haven't been able to get myself interested in it for the last 4-5 years but this season I'm glued to it, don't even have a team ffs.Go for gunners

Problem solved

Tbh I do want them to win it, would also love to see United finish outside top 4.

• Like 1

So much this. Haven't been able to get myself interested in it for the last 4-5 years but this season I'm glued to it, don't even have a team ffs. Go for gunners

Problem solved

Good man,

COYG

Was that Adnan Januzaj's 5 yellow of the season? All for simulation.

Man Utd really need to bring in a quality playmaker like Cabaye. Only time they looked like they could open a defence up was when Rooney dropped into midfield for Carrick.

Also, lol at Ashley Young not even being awarded a foul for getting absolutely smashed by Lloris in what was a clear red card! That's what you get for having a shitty reputation in respect to diving. 

But agreed, United haven't had a dominating attacking midfielder for a fair while now and it shows.