Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone who bets with Sportsbet been given free $10.00 bets today?

Went to deposit some money before and found that I had 2 free $10.00 bets waiting in my account..... :up:

Kents haven't given me anything

Make sure you're subscribed to receive emails in your profile.

Any thoughts on this? I can't really be fucked verifying it, just waiting for somebody to prove it wrong. 

http://www.puntingdeals.com/promo-of-the-day/2014/6/21/guaranteed-profit-potential-on-spain-v-netherlands

Hey thanks for your interest. If you have any questions just let me know.

To answer your question, it is water tight. As long as a result is reached you're golden (if game is cancelled they'd refund). However the odds need to have the right distribution (aka arbitrage betting).

The big caveat to what I wrote is that you may be in a situation where you've eend up with got two $100 free bets, one at Unibet and one at Luxbet. You can just bet both sides on a game and lose around 10% (bookie profit margin). Or you can turn them over by betting on a $1.5 game etc. I've assumed that people will do the former and with that in mind there is 0 chance of losing all your money. 

Any thoughts on this? I can't really be fucked verifying it, just waiting for somebody to prove it wrong.

http://www.puntingdeals.com/promo-of-the-day/2014/6/21/guaranteed-profit-potential-on-spain-v-netherlands

Google Arbitrage Betting

Yep spot on. Pretty difficult to do without promotions. Needs the right software and skills. 

MUCH easier with promotions. We had a deal for Origin that arb'd out the 0-0 @ 9 minutes for $9. Really made them pay for using that catchy name. Not everything will have over exxagerated odds like that. I think they paid out ~ $1 mil on that one. Considering their net profit is only ~$20m that means thats 5% of yearly revenue gone.. OUCH.

The betezy promo which I offset against in hedaik's link is a good example. If the Socceroos win.. Matt Trip is going to sh*t himself.

But since they've tightened the regulations on Free Bets to NSW and WA (beyond just SA and VIC) the bookies need promos to get punters in the door. That means putting their neck out on the line! This is where I come in :P

I'm a shite punter generally but being across all the promos and knowing a bit of maths helps me do pretty well. I'm trying to develop my site to aggregate all the bookie promos on one page. If anyone is subscribed to the Ladbrokes newsletter you'll know what I mean. It's about 5 pages of crap I don't care about (mostly horses).

Cheers

PS I realise that statements about guaranteed profit is generally too good to be true. But feel free to check out the Origin promo I mentioned, its a few pages back in the blog. Easier to calculate as there are only two outcomes. You'll see that indeed there was no losing position :)

Edited by puntingdeals
  • Like 2

Guys I got a new one up. Guaranteed $21 profit on Spain v Aus. This one is pretty easy, just needs TW and Sportsbet

a. Find the Take on Tom market "Australia To Score A Goal v Spain" @ $2.50 ($50 max bet)

b. Go to the Socceroos v Spain market and find "Australia to Score No Goals" in Goal Markets -> Number of Team Goals.

c. Place $53 on this market @ 2.37

Check out the blog if you care about profit scenarios but its pretty obvious this is net positive either way. http://www.puntingdeals.com/promo-of-the-day/

@hedaik: 0 risk ;-)

• Like 1

I don't mind you promoting your site puntingdeals as you're providing good information on the forum as well rather than just spamming your site, and I don 't mind that your time and effort is being rewarded through affiliate commissions, but I thought it was a bit disappointing that you were concealing some of the affiliate links with short URLs, better to be transparent about everything.

People should be aware of the (fairly minimal) risks associated with arbitrate betting and note that puntingdeals has incentive to make you bet more.

Having said that, tempted to get in on this :up:

Hey! 

I know what you mean but I mostly do it so I can track/double check outgoing links, not to hide it. I think the absolutely horrendous bookie landing pages gave the affiliate relationship away. I do mention the affiliate links in earlier posts but haven't recently. I think my latest ones don't have them either, mostly due to my own tardiness though.. 

Regarding the incentive to bet more, I guess I have no magic hoodoo with picking the right smelling horse with the nice teeth, just multiplication and decimals :) Trust the numbers if you don't trust me.

But yes what you said is 100% correct. I really appreciate your soft handed approach! 

Edited by puntingdeals

Sorry just saw this. Nah cos this isn't giving you a free bet it should be easy peasy. It's when you mix free bets that there's a turnover requirement. Not sure if you guys got on, but it was a nice bit of money for an otherwise slightly disappointing game.

i did get on, the australia not to score moved to 2.4 so slightly better, but i only put 50 on each rather than 53 on the not to score, so either had 20 or 25 guaranteed, obviously we all know how it ended, with the $20.

Sportsbet seem a solid company, they still gave me a bonus bet even though I'm from vic, I think that's ok legally because their advertising says "excluding victoria", so no one is really expecting the free bet if they are from Victoria and so it shouldnt induce them to gamble more. Or it could have just been a mistake. Also the freebet only needs to be turned over once.

As for the winnings, very quick and easy ID verification, and an easy withdrawel process, I think I should have my money today or tomorrow.

Yeah I jumped on as well, had a $10 free bet with SportsBet as well which I used additionally so got $34 or something back. Tried to get on the original one I posted up but BetEzy didnt give me my free bet in time. 

Signed up to your newsletter as well btw. 

Thanks mate appreciate it.

@Tesla: Yeah I think the loophole is that once you join they can give you any promo they want. They're just not officially allowed to "entice" people to join. Pretty dodgy rule enforcement.. Next time just verify it in Live Chat before you make your first deposit/bet if you want to be safe

Easier just to get them on live chat and ask for it. I assume one of your addresses (billing or residential) will give it away anyway..

Hmmm I am pretty settled in VIc, shoud I just give them a mate's address in Sydney or something.

Or list my postal address as Head Office of WSW, for gags?

If anyone wants to put a punt on sportingbet has good odds on Match With Most Goals A.

https://www.sportingbet.com.au/soccer/8218387/d/26th-june-aest-match-with-most-goals-a

Bosnia vs Iran $2.40

Nigeria vs Argentina $2.15

Bosnia is toothless, Iran is a brick wall. Nigeria and Argentina both have leaky sieves for defence. Good value I think

• Like 1

what is the best way to use a free bet?

2 schools of thought exist on this matter really:

1. Place it on the safest bet that pays fuck all (like 1.1 or whatever), so that you can basically get some 'free money'.

OR

2. Place it on something with a long shot because really you don't have anything to lose, so might as well win a good amount, especially considering you don't get the stake amount of the freebet, just the winnings.

But there are usually additional rules, eg you have to turn the winnings over once or twice or three times before you can withdraw, sometimes it has to be over $2 to count as a turn over, etc.

• Like 1

1. Place it on the safest bet that pays fuck all (like 1.1 or whatever), so that you can basically get some 'free money'.

OR

2. Place it on something with a long shot because really you don't have anything to lose, so might as well win a good amount, especially considering you don't get the stake amount of the freebet, just the winnings.

But there are usually additional rules, eg you have to turn the winnings over once or twice or three times before you can withdraw, sometimes it has to be over $2 to count as a turn over, etc.

Third school of thought, treat it like it wasn't a freebet. Generally what I have done in the past and it paid off.

OR

Third school of thought, treat it like it wasn't a freebet. Generally what I have done in the past and it paid off.

Probably best

Janowisz paying $2.30 to beat Hewitt. Not in great form but made the semi's last year and is seeded 15. I really don't understand how Hewitt is favorite. I'm chucking $100 on Jerzy.

A friend texted me this tip before. Reckons he watched Janowiczs last game and he had heaps of unforced errors/double faults. Might take the +2.5 but still not convinced.

Janowisz paying $2.30 to beat Hewitt. Not in great form but made the semi's last year and is seeded 15. I really don't understand how Hewitt is favorite. I'm chucking $100 on Jerzy.

A friend texted me this tip before. Reckons he watched Janowiczs last game and he had heaps of unforced errors/double faults. Might take the +2.5 but still not convinced.

Vintage Janowisz. He plays a risky game. Only reason I like him coz of last year's great run. Seems to be over his injuries which have plagued him this year.

Spotted a moneyback promo if any of the knockout games goes to extra time. Gonna work on a deal and let you guys know in the arvo. Heads up!

edit: false alarm, wasnt that good.

edit2: Spotted some good value bets, will post them later tonight. Nothing guaranteed though

Edited by puntingdeals

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu