Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

From what I understand, crownbet has now picked up the rights to all of channnel 7's racing coverage as well, both Victorian  and NSW. I think sportsbet etc cant show a live stream of the Victorian races that are on channel 7, but both will still have all the other racing.com coverage.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would contemplate destro. Think he went to Bologna? 

You need to think about team mates taking goals off the main striker if you ask me, no one else is going to score them at Bologna, and for that reason I would steer clear of dzeko. Roma also have gervinho, doumbia, flamini and of course the God Francesco that (hopefully) will also score a fair share. 

Inb4 dzeko bags 40 and Roma have the scudetto wrapped up by Xmas 

Scored a nice $100 collect from Brendan Bolton getting the job at Carlton today. Put the bet on ages ago, today is a good day. 

Edited by sheepdog
fucking autocorrect
  • Like 2

not quite sure on this

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL – CLICK TO CALL MONEY BACK

Place an In Play bet and receive Money Back on your first losing bet if the 9th Innings is scoreless – up to $50. *Clients must place a Qualifying ‘In-Play’ bet via ‘Click to Call'; Clients will be eligible for this promotion once only; Max refund $50; Full T&Cs apply.

not quite sure on this

Place an In Play bet and receive Money Back on your first losing bet if the 9th Innings is scoreless – up to $50. *Clients must place a Qualifying ‘In-Play’ bet via ‘Click to Call'; Clients will be eligible for this promotion once only; Max refund $50; Full T&Cs apply.

I'm in. Few times I've seen baseball it seems like half the innings are scoreless. So probably about a 50% chance of refund if bet fails. 

Can't be bothered doing this (not much of a gambler) but you guys might want to look in to it, especially "Mr Arbitrage" hedaik.

Its pretty much impossible to pick the NRL.  I'm leading my (small) tipping comp but I get a lot wrong and its easy to see why - the bottom side has still won 7 games & the top side only 16, so there's little between the teams.  Now what if, regardless of all other things, you bet on the outsider in every game? i reckon you'd win over the course of the season,  Biggest draw back i see is its pretty boring and has a low percentage return.

Can't be bothered doing this (not much of a gambler) but you guys might want to look in to it, especially "Mr Arbitrage" hedaik.

Its pretty much impossible to pick the NRL.  I'm leading my (small) tipping comp but I get a lot wrong and its easy to see why - the bottom side has still won 7 games & the top side only 16, so there's little between the teams.  Now what if, regardless of all other things, you bet on the outsider in every game? i reckon you'd win over the course of the season,  Biggest draw back i see is its pretty boring and has a low percentage return.

II don't think the odds would be high enough but its always been obvious to me that betting on the outsider in AFL and NRL is more profitable than what most people would be picking who they think would win. It still wouldn't overcome the bookmakers margin. 

If you had access to high enough a commission discount on betfair it could definitely be profitable. But there are a number of things that would be profitable if you did have a high discount at betfair, eg laying the favourite horse in every horse race etc.

how'd you go with the baseball?i got on washington for 21.50 profit and put that on chicago who are up 8-1

I forgot, just got on it now, thanks for reminding me. Seattle to win by 2, $5 odds. Up by 1 currently.

Edited by Tesla

so you would of got money back yes?

WH doing nrl thrus live click to call but with a catch, 

NRL THURSDAY – CLICK TO CALL MONEY BACK

If any points are scored in the last 10 minutes of the Rabbitohs v Broncos match (excluding golden point) you’ll get your Money Back on your first losing Click to Call bet placed (27/08/15). *Max refund $50; Bets must be placed using Click to Call; Qualifying bet is your first losing Click to Call bet on the match; Full T&Cs apply.

Also ladbrokes should have that free hit racing again tomorrow 

I'm guessing no one won on that free hit lol. 

Was the WH promo money back if points are scored in the last 10? Don't have a refund yet and don't remember the promo exactly so not sure if it's just going to take time or I'm not actually getting a refund 

best avenues to make money in poker? I'm ok at it and I find it far more fun than betting on sport

Recently gave cash tables a go and found it much better than tournament type games because people are playing with real money so they play like pussies which suits my agro style and lack of patience. 

Definitely the way to win or lose serious money. I did pretty well but need to play higher stakes to make it worth my time and not sure I want to take the risk tbh. Much easier to lose a lot of money quickly than betting on sports. 

I'm guessing no one won on that free hit lol. 

Was the WH promo money back if points are scored in the last 10? Don't have a refund yet and don't remember the promo exactly so not sure if it's just going to take time or I'm not actually getting a refund 

lol shocking, winner was paying like 18 i think, fav came 2nd and fav before that 3rd

was at the footy show so didn't get to do any nrl

Nice offer at betfair, first unsuccessful lay bet refunded at Caulfield upto $100.

If you don't have a betfair account I'll be your BFF if you let me refer you. you get $100 and I get $100, they don't have a signup offer unless you're referred AFAIK.

Should have taken my own advice on Dzeko and got on him, he is going to bang them in (maybe not too late yet? cbf checking odds right now). Also had Roma to beat Juve in my multi but another leg failed. Dunno why the fuck I didn't have that as a single as it was like $2.60.

Shit weekend overall, lost like $100-150, suppose that's to be expected after winning over $600 last weekend .

Edited by Tesla

US OPEN – CLICK TO CALL MATCHED BONUS 

Place a Click to Call bet on the US Open tennis and we will match it with a Bonus bet. *Excludes residents of NSW & SA; Max Bonus $50; Applies to your 1st Click to Call bet placed on the US Open each day (one bet per client per day); Full T&Cs apply.    Did this one this morning, can do it each day till the 3rd i think

and mlb is back 

Place an In Play MLB bet this Wednesday (02/09/2015) and receive Money Back on your first losing bet if the 9th Innings is scoreless – up to $50. *Clients must place a Qualifying ‘In-Play’ bet via ‘Click to Call'; Clients will be eligible for this promotion once only; Max refund $50; Full T&Cs apply.

I also like the greyhound refund offer at Geelong today, refund if second. Had one last week as well but I think it was only at centrebet, I see today it's at centrebet and WH.

WH dun fucked up this time, on the first race I put $50 on a $6 dog, easy $250 profit tio get started.

North Melbourne $4 to beat Richmond, combine this with Sportsbet cash back if u lead at any break and this is ridiculous value

they're gonna tank

WH baseball live bet was shit this morning, hardly any games were coming up, fuck me washington choked and lost it in the 9th so didn't even get a refund :droy:

Edited by Thrillhouse

Honestly WH paying us to use click to call has just shown me it's inferior to bet365s offering. The actual click to call functionality is better as I have said previously, the problem is their live markets suck compared to bet365. Less offerings but also suspending more etc, it becomes quite a hassle to put a bet on.

I have heard from a mate a story of punting success that I want to get people's opinion on (mainly Telsa as he's the big dog punter).

They formed a syndicate of approx 10 people. Each put in around $500 each and also had to start a few betting accounts with different agencies to redeem sign up free bets. They used the free bets to land a few big odds wins and used the other money to back relatively safe bets. ie $1.20 footy favourites. As they were punting large on the free bets the returns were large. Is this a viable thing to do? 

I have heard from a mate a story of punting success that I want to get people's opinion on (mainly Telsa as he's the big dog punter).

They formed a syndicate of approx 10 people. Each put in around $500 each and also had to start a few betting accounts with different agencies to redeem sign up free bets. They used the free bets to land a few big odds wins and used the other money to back relatively safe bets. ie $1.20 footy favourites. As they were punting large on the free bets the returns were large. Is this a viable thing to do? 

1. Why do you need 10 people? Think like $300-500 is the maximum for signup bonuses, and recently most have gone from matching a deposit dollar for dollar upto $300 or $500 or w/e to something like deposit $25 and get $75, I think because it encourages more of the casual punter who will make them money rather than cunts trying to exploit the signup bonus. So you don't need huge capital to take advantage. 

2. What do you mean by 'other money'? The cash they deposited? It would have to be turned over at odds of $1.40 (unibet) or $1.50 (most) or something like 1.60-1.80 (at some shitter bookies). It's still a risk really, nothing guaranteed about a $1.20 bet even. Just bet your cash amount or any bonus bet winnings like you would normally IMO, maybe with smaller bets and with a little less risk than normal, since you're just trying to turn it over.

3. Using bonus bets on high odds bets is the correct strategy. Less than $3 odds and you are wasting your bonus bet, but really the higher the odds the better. I usually use bonus bets on racing for this reason. To give you a more detailed explanation, a bonus bet can easily by arbitraged to get 70% of it's value, maybe more if you want to put in the effort of finding the right event to arbitrage on, at the very least you'd get 60% without effort. So if from a $100 bonus bet you get $60 through arbitrage, then look at betting on something with $2 odds, using the $100 bonus bet you get a $100 return, arbitraging it and then betting at $2 odds you get $120 return. So clearly $2 odds is a waste of a bonus bet because you could just arbitrage it for $60 (even $70 or more really) and then bet the arbitrage returns at $2 if you want for a greater return than just betting the bonus bet. At around the high $2.x mark is when there is no difference between these two methods, so I say $3 just to give you a round number as to the minimum odds you should look for when using a bonus bet. Honestly I'm not in favour of arbitrage generally as it's usually one side of the bet that's providing the profit and the other side is just a normal bet where the bookie is making a profit on average. but when it comes to bonus bets, the way it's designed  it's a decent option to just arbitrage it for 60-70% of the face value. Personally I'd only arbitrage a bonus bet it when it's like a $100+ bonus bet that can't be split up, otherwise I'd just bet it on higher odds bets (eg i'd usually use it on the races and look for $4+ odds).

4. if we're talking 'bonus money' (stake back) rather than bonus bets (no stake back) then the above doesn't apply, it's the 'no stake back' nature of bonus bets that make betting it on high odds bets the correct strategy. Bonus money is only at unibet and bet365 in Australia AFAIK. When it comes to bonus money, my opinion is to just bet it as you would cash, maybe with a  bit less risk even as you're just trying to turn it over. Pretty funny how unibet never gave me any more deposit bonus money after seeing me put down like 100x $20 bets just to turn over with as little risk as possible (this was when they had deposit $500 get $600 bonus money, turned over 4 times so I had to turn over like $2,000 or $2,400, not sure if it was the deposit or the bonus amount that had to be turned over 4x). Did the same at bet365 and there's is even worse, it was literally like working for the fucking money making non stop bets on soccer on a saturday/sunday night.

5. There is one benefit of doing this with other people, is that you can refer each other, and possibly get more bonus bets.

Overall taking advantage of signup/deposit bonus bets is going to be profitable in general and should be exploited, but you can easily blow your bonus bets and then go into your cash deposit and lose some of that, so it's not a guarantee by any means. The problem is there aren't that many bookies to signup with, and once you've taken advantage that's about it. So it's pretty limited, but no reason to not take advantage of it.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

I saw a TV ad that the ladbrokes free hit on the greyhounds is on again tomorrow, but it's not on their site.

They have a very good one on the horses tomorrow as well, not quite a free hit but cash back for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, it's practically a free hit TBH.

fuck yes my mlb live bet got refunded, thought it was if either team scored in the 9th it wouldn't count but only the opposition scored

also ladbrokes have gone back to straight afl favs $2, no +15 points bs

wtf, I also got the refund even though my team scored in the 9th and lost.

Either they've fucked up or the promotion is a refund if either team is scoreless.

Edited by Tesla

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu