Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that backs shit at 1.10 odds is a fucking idiot and should stop gambling. 

Honestly I'm pretty reluctant to even bet on anything under $2. I'd have to be very confident and at least 1.80ish odds. Maybe at 1.60 when I'm at maximum confidence. But fuck anything less. 

• Like 1

Anyone that backs shit at 1.10 odds is a fucking idiot and should stop gambling. 

Honestly I'm pretty reluctant to even bet on anything under $2. I'd have to be very confident and at least 1.80ish odds. Maybe at 1.60 when I'm at maximum confidence. But fuck anything less. 

hahah was just telling jimmy this.

cbf going back through the thread, but if you guys remember couple of people thought that an AFL draw = you lose your money and then I clarified that with sportsbet, WH, etc you get a half payment.

Today I learnt bet365 do it differently, and they're the only one I know of that do it differently (wouldn't be surprised if unibet are the same), in that they just give you your money back. Worked out for me this time as I was on the Cats (got on at 1.72 or something when they coped 3 early goals) so a half payout would have meant losing money, but worth noting for the future.

Obviously only applies to markets where there are only the 2 options.

Travelling pretty well this weekend, but have hit a snag in that sportsbet only let you load onto their card 5 times in 24 hours, ffs wanted to take another couple hundred out.

Edited by Tesla

Good day at the races. Backed 3 winners in the first 4 races which meant I ended the day up even including drinks, entry etc which is a win for me. 

Funniest thing, I think it was R5 where this middle aged bald plumpish man in a suit ran alongside his horse as it came down the straight as it won by a nose. He was jumping and carrying on, hugging people as if he was in a betting ad. Anyway there was a protest and the winner had to forfeit its win, he stormed off out of the arena with steam coming out of his ears.

Edited by hedaik

Royal Descent. :up: 

Turned by whole day around and Solstay paying fives for a place...

Good day at the races. Backed 3 winners in the first 4 races which meant I ended the day up even including drinks, entry etc which is a win for me. 

Funniest thing, I think it was R5 where this middle aged bald plumpish man in a suit ran alongside his horse as it came down the straight as it won by a nose. He was jumping and carrying on, hugging people as if he was in a betting ad. Anyway there was a protest and the winner had to forfeit its win, he stormed off out of the arena with steam coming out of his ears.

I saw that too... its funny how for everyone else but those involved with the horse protests dont really matter anymore cos the corporates still pay out, I remember dreading the siren and even once being done by a Protest at Caulfield like seven years back that nobody could believe even was being discussed and the horse's odds were well into the double figures.

Picked a great night to experiment and put some Draw bets on in the soccer :)

Got rolled by draws last night ffs.

Was having a great weekend till then. Still up a couple hundred at least but it still annoying losing $120 ffs. 

Edited by Tesla

Got rolled by draws last night ffs.

Was having a great weekend till then. Still up a couple hundred at least but it still annoying losing $120 ffs. 

horrible luck for me,not $1 back from my 100 bonus

10 on sevilla to beat malaga (draw)
10 on stoke win swansea win (both draw)
40 on wolfsburg (draw) de bruyne fucked a 1v1 and rebound in injury time and then team mate hit the crossbar in injury time too
40 on valencia (drew to rayo vallecano

useless week

Honestly my mind is blown how shit some of the websites are. Surely they are losing large sums of money.

Seriously the only websites I consider even half decent are: sportsbet, crownbet, palmerbet, tab and ubet.

Unibet and bet365 just too slow and heavy with all the flash or javascript or w/e it is going on.The 3 Ladbrokes sites are just a shit design that's too hard to find anything. The 3 WH sites and luxbet have both the problems (shit design that's hard to find anything & slow/heavy flash/javascript making it shit)

And before MaliMate defends bet365, yeah I like their markets and features too, and the layout of their site isn't too bad it's just the fact the whole thing is flash based like it's 2001 which makes it slow to load and shit.

Edited by Tesla

Honestly my mind is blown how shit some of the websites are. Surely they are losing large sums of money.

Seriously the only websites I consider even half decent are: sportsbet, crownbet, palmerbet, tab and ubet.

Unibet and bet365 just too slow and heavy with all the flash or javascript or w/e it is going on.The 3 Ladbrokes sites are just a shit design that's too hard to find anything. The 3 WH sites and luxbet have both the problems (shit design that's hard to find anything & slow/heavy flash/javascript making it shit)

And before MaliMate defends bet365, yeah I like their markets and features too, and the layout of their site isn't too bad it's just the fact the whole thing is flash based like it's 2001 which makes it slow to load and shit.

I'm guessing your not using iOS. Everyone I know who uses Android etc. says it's slow as fuck as well. Have never had an issue tbh.

Did you play the Soccer Pools ;)

I wish! Played the Footy Margins Pools on TAB as I've done every weekend for the last 5 years. Was licking my lips after picking Port 1-40 Friday night with a $31.000 pool up for grabs. Hopes were crushed as I had Richmond 1-39. Sort of glad it ended there for me, couldn't imagine what I would have been like if Richmond 1-39 got up and then I got stung by the Draw (which is an option in the market) in the Cats-Saints game.

I meant the desktop site. The mobile site is okay. 

yeah desktop site is sluggish, still pretty handy being able to bet live on the desktop though, makes up for it for me.

TAB desktop site is hands down most horrid. Haven't used it in years. Their old site from years ago shits on it. Perfect example of of it ain't broken, don't fix it.

yeah desktop site is sluggish, still pretty handy being able to bet live on the desktop though, makes up for it for me.

TAB desktop site is hands down most horrid. Haven't used it in years. Their old site from years ago shits on it. Perfect example of of it ain't broken, don't fix it.

The layout and features of bet365 are good, it's just the slowness and that you can't really link to pages etc cause it's all  flash based is annoying. Other bookies are getting on the live betting 'click to call' thing these days (and the WH one is actually better in that it only asks for permission once to use microphone whereas the bet365 one seems to come up every time)

The TAB desktop site is OK if you ask me, but probably the worst of the ones that I said are decent. It's just sort of average in every area without being particularly shit in any one department so it doesn't really bother me.

I reckon William Hill (and Tom Waterhouse) is the worst site, slow for no reason, shit layout, hard to find anything, etc. Don't even have cash out or anything like that. They have a good click to call system that's about it.

You asked me why I liked crownbet's site so much last time, well one good thing is they have the best 'upcoming sport' page. Unibet's one is good to but the general slowness of unibet annoys me. Sportsbet lacks in that it doesn't have the odds right on the page.

The layout and features of bet365 are good, it's just the slowness and that you can't really link to pages etc cause it's all  flash based is annoying. Other bookies are getting on the live betting 'click to call' thing these days (and the WH one is actually better in that it only asks for permission once to use microphone whereas the bet365 one seems to come up every time)

The TAB desktop site is OK if you ask me, but probably the worst of the ones that I said are decent. It's just sort of average in every area without being particularly shit in any one department so it doesn't really bother me.

I reckon William Hill (and Tom Waterhouse) is the worst site, slow for no reason, shit layout, hard to find anything, etc. Don't even have cash out or anything like that. They have a good click to call system that's about it.

You asked me why I liked crownbet's site so much last time, well one good thing is they have the best 'upcoming sport' page. Unibet's one is good to but the general slowness of unibet annoys me. Sportsbet lacks in that it doesn't have the odds right on the page.

I'll pay that last bit about Crownbet having the best upcoming/next to go. I still use the TAB app to look at upcoming sport as it's well formatted IMO and doesn't have an abundance of stuff I don't bet on to sift through as you can change that in the settings.

Decent ending to the weekend:

xYjOxaS.jpg

Had a look with the two Norwegian legs drawn at 80 mins + and Borussia the same at like 55 mins. Then when I next had a look 10 mins later the two Norwegian legs somehow got up and Borussia was up 2-0.

• Like 1

Decent ending to the weekend:

xYjOxaS.jpg

Had a look with the two Norwegian legs drawn at 80 mins + and Borussia the same at like 55 mins. Then when I next had a look 10 mins later the two Norwegian legs somehow got up and Borussia was up 2-0.

everything going as planned on the Austrian Bundesliga front :)

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1

My mate had a twinkle on the market "brownlow medal favorite excluded" a while back and is wondering what the go is if Fyfe gets rubbed out? Would it be favorite at the time the bet was placed or favorite on the night? I had no idea.

would still be Fyfe, think about it. What if you backed whoever is the new favourite?

• Like 1

Anyone have any thoughts on Goalscorer markets for the european football season?

Don't mind Batshuayi $13 to win Ligue 1 Golden Boot. Already has 2 on the board, plays close to goal & has a good goal scoring ratio. Ibrahimovic possibly on the way out? Don't think Cavani will score 20+ this season & Lacazette has yet to score.

EPL, Still don't mind Rooney @ $26 considering he takes penalties.

La Liga, I think Suarez $15 is overs, I would have him at about $7-$9

@Tesla, thought on Serie A? Icardi off injured yesterday, doubt Mandza has it in him to lead the league in goals, Dzeko $11 or Higuain $13?

Anyone have any thoughts on Goalscorer markets for the european football season?

Don't mind Batshuayi $13 to win Ligue 1 Golden Boot. Already has 2 on the board, plays close to goal & has a good goal scoring ratio. Ibrahimovic possibly on the way out? Don't think Cavani will score 20+ this season & Lacazette has yet to score.

EPL, Still don't mind Rooney @ $26 considering he takes penalties.

La Liga, I think Suarez $15 is overs, I would have him at about $7-$9

@Tesla, thought on Serie A? Icardi off injured yesterday, doubt Mandza has it in him to lead the league in goals, Dzeko $11 or Higuain $13?

No news on how long Icardi will be out for, if it isn't long I think he is still front runner. But Dzeko will be interesting, he has good support players around him to create opportunities for him. Really an unknown in terms of what he will achieve in Serie A and at Roma, but I think if you're having a punt on double digit odds that's not really a bad thing as he would have the most upside potential. Higuain will probably be around the same number as previous seasons, 17-18, maybe 20, but really over 20 will be needed and I see Napoli having a poorer season as the two Milan teams become forces again. Mandzukic is definitely not a 20+ goal striker, never did it at Bayern, and I'm not sure about how he played last season but even I could score 12 goals in La Liga, Serie A is much harder to score in. I've never really seen him as an out and out goalscorer TBH, like you say it's unlikely that he will lead the league in goals.

So aside from Icardi, I think Dzeko is the most interesting. But you could have some unknown bloke who played in Serie B last season pick up the 25 goals, just how it goes in Italy.

Edited by Tesla

No news on how long Icardi will be out for, if it isn't long I think he is still front runner. But Dzeko will be interesting, he has good support players around him to create opportunities for him. Really an unknown in terms of what he will achieve in Serie A and at Roma, but I think if you're having a punt on double digit odds that's not really a bad thing as he would have the most upside potential. Higuain will probably be around the same number as previous seasons, 17-18, maybe 20, but really over 20 will be needed and I see Napoli having a poorer season as the two Milan teams become forces again. Mandzukic is definitely not a 20+ goal striker, never did it at Bayern, and I'm not sure about how he played last season but even I could score 12 goals in La Liga, Serie A is much harder to score in. I've never really seen him as an out and out goalscorer TBH, like you say it's unlikely that he will lead the league in goals.

So aside from Icardi, I think Dzeko is the most interesting. But you could have some unknown bloke who played in Serie B last season pick up the 25 goals, just how it goes in Italy.

Yeah I think I will leave it as it really is unpredictable, however if Icardi gets to double digit odds, is healthy and is only a few behind the leader I think I may pounce.

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu