Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea what fo is or sp means or even tote meanswho should i be putting 20 on tonight

Wait until closer to the race starts, should be some fixed odds then. You can just go on the favourite, but you won't know who that is until they have some fixed odds, tote usually isn't accurate until right before the race starts on these low volume races, so yeah just wait for fixed odds and go off of that.

I'll probably just go on the 2nd favourite if it looks a chance, not going to even bother looking into it more than that, cbf and it's a free hit anyway.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

#2 out to $2.90, bad luck for those that got on it at $2.50 lol.

I'm going #3, at $3.20.

Edit: lol #2 out to $3 now.

Edit2: lol #2 out to $3.30 now while #3 in to $3. Always getting in over the odds crew checking in :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

You can now deposit into Ladbrokes via newsagents, could be useful.

Closest Ladbrokes will get to having physical stores under the current laws I guess.

Seriously the time has come for deregulation of the industry to catch up with what the industry is like currently. It made sense once upon a time to have a monopoly gambling provider but now the TAB faces competition anyway you might as well just deregulate the system, let Ladbrokes/WH/sportsbet have machines in pubs and open physical shops if they want etc.

Allow live betting would be a good one too.

And a state level law similar to what Racing NSW has done (since Racing Vic wont follow suite) in forcing bookmakers to take a bet upto $2k winnings. Make it cover all markets as well, not just racing, which can be done if it's a state level law rather than something done by a Racing body.

• Like 2

was stressing about this, waited till i contacted them on live chat, he said it was still valid so i screenshotted, like no promos coming up on phone either

The banner is still on the homepage, but the link doesn't work and it's no longer on the promos page.

The banner on the homepage is good enough if you ask me.

Edited by Tesla

You can now deposit into Ladbrokes via newsagents, could be useful.

Closest Ladbrokes will get to having physical stores under the current laws I guess.

Seriously the time has come for deregulation of the industry to catch up with what the industry is like currently. It made sense once upon a time to have a monopoly gambling provider but now the TAB faces competition anyway you might as well just deregulate the system, let Ladbrokes/WH/sportsbet have machines in pubs and open physical shops if they want etc.

Allow live betting would be a good one too.

And a state level law similar to what Racing NSW has done (since Racing Vic wont follow suite) in forcing bookmakers to take a bet upto $2k winnings. Make it cover all markets as well, not just racing, which can be done if it's a state level law rather than something done by a Racing body.

Well thank god we have got the right man soon as the next VRC Chairman/Member of Kooyong... to do something about these dilemmas.

Lost my WH free bet (had sydney for last score of 2nd qtr which goodes' kick fell short by 1m), but won the 2 x Sydney promos and got money back from Sportsbet for hedging Collingwood with them. Good night. 

Oh and also win $50 from my colleague for betting Collingwood wouldn't make the 8 

Edited by hedaik

Lost my WH free bet (had sydney for last score of 2nd qtr which goodes' kick fell short by 1m), but won the 2 x Sydney promos and got money back from Sportsbet for hedging Collingwood with them. Good night. 

Oh and also win $50 from my colleague for betting Collingwood wouldn't make the 8 

where was the other sydney promo? i know LB had it

would of got on broncos promo if i had more in my paypal account to move around, got on the port $2 for tomoz WH and gws 3.85 i think with CB
Crownbet doesn't seem to do many good promos

Probably WH done one? I also only was on LB. 

WH do a lot of premium price ones recently but they don't last long. 

Had broncos to win second half by more than 13, dragons scored a late one to make me lose my bet. $5 odds ffs. 

Fair bit of shit luck stopping me getting a big win but still made a bit for the night I think.  

where was the other sydney promo? i know LB had it

would of got on broncos promo if i had more in my paypal account to move around, got on the port $2 for tomoz WH and gws 3.85 i think with CB
Crownbet doesn't seem to do many good promos

Tom Shithouse and CB(?) had Sydney 1-39 paying $3 or something

Edited by hedaik

if you look back to when the thread started, that's what I was trying to do until it got hijacked by promos.

I figured people were happy to hear about promos, if not I'll happily stop posting!

As far as why I don't post my bets pre game, its to protect my arb betting strategy, and the bets are all pretty obvious/boring.  But I agree only posting about winnings is a bit shit. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

Honestly there are a number of reasons I don't post the vast majority of my bets.

The primary one is that the vast majority of people aren't mentally equipped to bet like I do. I've said it before, but I am basically devoid of all human emotion when betting, it's hard to explain but I don't really see it as money. Anyway having no emotion is what lets me take the calculated risks I make, it's usually landing a bet or two at big odds that's the difference between me breaking even and me being up $300-500. I've tried to get a number of mates onto my betting style when they've asked me for tips etc but they don't have the balls for it in the end, so it doesn't work out and they just piss me off, if you're not going to do what I say then don't ask me. I used to think it would be impossible to consistently make money betting, but then after winning so much I realised this is why I am able to do it and the vast majority of people aren't. So in summary, there is no point me posting what I bet on because you wouldn't listen to me anyway. But I'll try to do it more anyway. The other thing is, I also have accounts everywhere and a key part of my strategy is getting the best odds and most people cbf going out and looking for the best odds etc. if you don't care about the odds you're betting at you will never make any money. So if I gave a tip it wouldn't even be X is going to win, it would be X but you have to get on at $4.20. 

Other reasons I can't/won't post most of my bets are that a lot are literally last second, so can't post those. If I post a promotion, then it should be pretty clear that I'm getting on the promotion, so again not going to post much about those most the time, but they are how I make most my money. Usually most my money has come from the promotions that entice you to take a big risk, eg afl first goalscorer promos recently, during soccer season it's usually correct score or w/e, if there is a good chance of cash back then i'm having a crack and just happen to land a winner quite often. Lastly, there are certain betting strategys I keep secret because I believe I have found an advantage to exploit, most of these are unproven yet and don't account for much/any of my winnings anyway.

But I'll try post more anyway.

Couple days ago I got on Sporting Lisbon to win the Portugese League at $7 odds, i dont think any games have been played since then so should still be good. Really just hoping it will shorten and then I can cash out for a profit, if not I'll just cash out for a partial loss in a few weeks, I cbf with futures bets so I'm not sticking it out and I dont think they will actually win, just that they are a lot better chance than $7, maybe more like $4.

• Like 1

You want a tip, Stoke are $5.70 at palmerbet. Could probably get $6 at betfair which works out to $5.75 after commission (assuming no discount). Palmerbet have some bonus bet if your team scores first and loses, which probably makes up for the small price difference.

Also there is probably $5 around for Crystal Palace somewhere, don't mind that either, we'll find the best odds and get on that.

Pretty tough week apart from that in the EPL. Fuck sake West ham and Leicester playing each other, would have expected nice odds for each to get on if they weren't. Probably gonna stay away from this one, my brain says West ham but Leicester have won me too much money to bet against them.

City vs Chelsea another fucked one, my brain says City but fuck betting against Mourinho in these kind of situations, when he has the whole world against him/chelsea, he'll fire the team up

Shit week for a multi as well ,but I always have a crack with the sportsbet refund if 1 leg fails. This is probably the worst week I've ever seen, gone Sunderland, Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, $36 ffs. Lucky to get $10 odds on my EPL multis usually. So probably don't follow me this time, I'm just doing this one out of boredom.

Edited by Tesla

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu