Melbourne Football

Nicky Carle

Luke

Yeah I say sign him up if he fits the criteria and game plan... If we have a game plan?

I say Fred and Thommo out

Bring in Carle and Culina ... There we will have a dynamic central midfield pair...

Carle and Culina in central midfield gives me much more confidence than Fred and Thommo

Agree say I....

• Like 1

I heard that he was still signed to Sydney or something????

Would take though.

That's what I thought. I thought he just went overseas on a loan and it was already announced that he would be playing with sydney this coming season

Has been said else where but how can they afford,

Marquee = ADP

Aust Marquee = Emerton

and Carle?

That is alot of $$$$$ in 3 spots, they would of h ad him this year imo if they wanted to pay all 3

I heard that he was still signed to Sydney or something????

Would take though.

That's what I thought. I thought he just went overseas on a loan and it was already announced that he would be playing with sydney this coming season

Has been said else where but how can they afford,

Marquee = ADP

Aust Marquee = Emerton

and Carle?

That is alot of $$$$$ in 3 spots, they would of h ad him this year imo if they wanted to pay all 3

They are all crap! Who needs them when we have our marquee man Hoffman

Farina in the press today saying he expects Carle to return from his loan for next season and be absorbed into the salary cap with ADP and Emerton as the marquee players. How the fuck do they fit his salary ($500k+) under the cap along with Joel Griffiths who would be on a fair quid also.

• 1 month later...

Confirmed that he will return to Sydney FC with his wages absorbed under the salary cap. So 1 bloke earning 20% of the cap and the other 80% dispersed between 20 blokes, sounds legit.

I don't know how these clubs do it. One thing I do know, we don't.

(Do it, that is).

• Like 1

Confirmed that he will return to Sydney FC with his wages absorbed under the salary cap. So 1 bloke earning 20% of the cap and the other 80% dispersed between 20 blokes, sounds legit.

I don't know how these clubs do it. One thing I do know, we don't.

(Do it, that is).

Just another in the long list of players mentioned on this forum who will never play for Melbourne Heart.

I really don't know why we bother to start these threads...to relieve the boredom I suppose.

Dont forget Joel Griffiths and even McFlynn and Bosschaart...

where have you seen he has 20% of the salary cap?

It was widely reported at the time when he moved from Palace. Bearing in mind he was still under contract there and would've been on a pretty good wicket financially after being signed from Bristol City for £1m

Carle has reportedly been offered a three-year deal worth $650,000 a season after securing a release from the final two years of his contract with the financially crippled Crystal Palace

Carle signed with Sydney FC  in May 2010 for a reported A$1.95m over three years

Crystal Palace midfielder Nick Carle has been released by the Championship outfit and signed for Sydney FC on a three year deal.

The 28 year old Australian international will join the A-League as Sydney’s marquee player for a reported $650,000 a season.