Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart Survey

kingofhearts

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT THIS SEASON

With one game left in the 2012-13 Hyundai A-League season, we’re hoping the team can go and take all three points from Central Coast Mariners this Saturday. Success is obviously measured both on and off the field and while we would like to have more points on the table at this stage in the season, we are still driving for quick progress.

To finish outside the top six and finals football is unacceptable for Melbourne Heart FC and we will be doing all we can and more to revise the way forward. Off the field we are still making good progress: we are one of the top three Clubs in the A-League for total sponsorship income; memberships exceeded 7000 for the first time and our attendance figures are up 27% (excl. Victory games) from last year. TV audiences of Melbourne Heart FC matches is also up 15%.

Our outstanding community work engaged over 46,000 people in meaningful football related activities in 2012-13 and the Club was proud to win the City of Melbourne Contribution to Community Award. It is great to have our quality community programs recognised and acknowledged by the wider community, reflecting the Club’s core values are well and truly alive.

Are we content with this? No. We want to keep growing and winning both on and off the park. This is where I wanted to express my thanks to you, the member, for your fantastic and loyal support to our special club. You are the life blood of what we’re all about, how we pull together and key to the exciting future we’re working towards.

To help us keep improving the experiences of being involved as a member of Melbourne Heart, we’d really appreciate you telling us what you think by filling in the members survey below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7V22SPW

Thanks again and have a Happy Easter

Scott Munn

Melbourne Heart FC CEO

There going to get so many bad reviews lol

Edited by kingofhearts

Sums up our season. Our administration is fucked.

they're not fucked but they've had some great ideas that have been poorly thought through or poorly executed like the Heart II team, gambles that didn't pay off like signing Grella and Aloisi, and just dumb mistakes like signing Gray, or deciding to prioritise profit over performance

The work done on this forum on 'Club Identity', 'What it means to be a Heart supporter' etc, was not reflected in the survey .... although the message from the club was that it would be.

The survey was poor in terms of being able to comment on the obvious issues that the club is facing and questions around style of play and success of the coach were non existant ( I seem to remember these types of questions in previous years). 

This survey is obviously a requirement of the board and the operations people are doing their best (damage control) to paint things in a light that gives a false illusion ... not sure why

Even though our successes on field were on par in our first two seasons hopefully the survey still gives the club Execs and the Board the message that members are not happy.  The main thing it comes down to is how we have played and in particular how the manager has performed.  Unfortunately, I really do think that JA is out of his depth and after seeing his analysis of the socceroos and cross referencing his comments with the various issues / decisions / tactics / attitude seen this season, Heart supporters are going to be up for two more seasons (if contracts are honoured) of pain.

Edited by Torn Asunder

they're not fucked but they've had some great ideas that have been poorly thought through or poorly executed like the Heart II team, gambles that didn't pay off like signing Grella and Aloisi, and just dumb mistakes like signing Gray, or deciding to prioritise profit over performance

IMO to send out a flawed survey on Maundy Thursday when many people are finishing work early and taking a number of days off is symptomatic of a lack of focus, discipline and attention to detail that seems to becoming endemic at MHFC. It wasn't necessary to hurry the survey - in fact our season wasn't even finished when it was sent out. To me it shows that someone is not doing their job properly, and unfortunately it's the little one percenters like this that can undo all the good work done elsewhere, and they lead to inefficiencies that mean the organization does not reach its potential. Same really on the field - all those goals that we have conceded in injury time that have brought us undone, the players just not able to focus for the full 95 minutes. Overall this is a senior management issue, and it's about culture - 'the way we do things around here.'

• Like 2

IMO to send out a flawed survey on Maundy Thursday when many people are finishing work early and taking a number of days off is symptomatic of a lack of focus, discipline and attention to detail that seems to becoming endemic at MHFC. It wasn't necessary to hurry the survey - in fact our season wasn't even finished when it was sent out. To me it shows that someone is not doing their job properly, and unfortunately it's the little one percenters like this that can undo all the good work done elsewhere, and they lead to inefficiencies that mean the organization does not reach its potential. Same really on the field - all those goals that we have conceded in injury time that have brought us undone, the players just not able to focus for the full 95 minutes. Overall this is a senior management issue, and it's about culture - 'the way we do things around here.'

Well said.

Completed this yesterday.

Still flawed. Can't just type into the 'Other' box without ticking one of the other boxes as well. So in several questions I was forced to select an option that did not apply at all.

The results will therefore not reflect the real truth.

Sigh.

Did they release a breakdown (comprehensive or otherwise) of the results from last year's survey?

I'd be interested to see how many of our members are also members/supporters of AFL clubs, and which clubs have the most support.

I agree that the survey was poorly written. Deadset, who did they contract to take care of it? Or was it done in-house?

Anyway, thank god this season is over... Sadly the Rooboys have picked up where the Heart left off.

:(

Edited by Total Eclipse

Did they release a breakdown (comprehensive or otherwise) of the results from last year's survey?

I'd be interested to see how many of our members are also members/supporters of AFL clubs, and which clubs have the most support.

I agree that the survey was poorly written. Deadset, who did they contract to take care of it? Or was it done in-house?

Anyway, thank god this season is over... Sadly the Rooboys have picked up where the Heart left off. :(

You're lucky you don't support the Dees.

Anyway, thank god this season is over... Sadly the Rooboys have picked up where the Heart left off. :(

You're lucky you don't support the Dees.

I support the Dogs.

I see a pattern emerging which is pointing to an "identity" for the club: we are the under-dogs, the low budget, toilers, punch above our weight team that wins against the odds.  Except the winning bit.

• Like 1

I agree with everyone, this survey illustrates we're the club is at the moment... Does any body out there no people in the sports media? We need to start putting presure on these administrators and back room staff... This club is turning into a joke .. No wonder we get shit from FFA, we are becoming insignificant in the big scheme of things.