Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs CCM Saturday 5:30pm

kingofhearts

If I wasn't a Heart fan and watching this I'd be laughing and changing the channel shortly after. Unfortunately I am a passionate Heart fan and can't change the channel...so more crap for me and not laughing! :mellow:

>I swear if this keeps going next season I'm gonna relocate from Melbourne to Western Sydney!

Passionate fan eh?..

Absolutely! I didn't say anywhere there I'm going to stop following for Heart or that I'd start supporting WSW! I said "relocate" - see what it feels like to be in a city with a team that wins!

To only lose by 1 BS penalty against the Mariners in Gosford is a pretty decent effort. I wish a lot of thing were different and better in this game, but to be honest we played much better than I thought we would. The second half was a level above the first as well, despite the fact that we were stuck with 10 players.

Very nice to see Bolton's awesome fingertip save just before the 90th minute. I'm happy with Redmayne in goal and I'm not sure Bolton could still play as goalkeeper regularly, but it brought back good memories (like so many saved pens) when I saw that save.

Garcia and Gerhardt were good to watch as well. Very pleased we brought them in. Garuccio had good moments as well, tackling to win the ball, sending crosses in and showing some trickery on the ball. He's had a very disrupted season, especially because of Fabio's pathetic tackle, so I reckon given he's only 17 that he'll get better.

To only lose by 1 BS penalty against the Mariners in Gosford is a pretty decent effort. I wish a lot of thing were different and better in this game, but to be honest we played much better than I thought we would. The second half was a level above the first as well, despite the fact that we were stuck with 10 players.

Very nice to see Bolton's awesome fingertip save just before the 90th minute. I'm happy with Redmayne in goal and I'm not sure Bolton could still play as goalkeeper regularly, but it brought back good memories (like so many saved pens) when I saw that save.

Garcia and Gerhardt were good to watch as well. Very pleased we brought them in. Garuccio had good moments as well, tackling to win the ball, sending crosses in and showing some trickery on the ball. He's had a very disrupted season, especially because of Fabio's pathetic tackle, so I reckon given he's only 17 that he'll get better.

Thank God for this post. I don't have Foxtel, so can't watch the away matches. The horror season is over, and we have to forget it and move forward to the future, so it's good to read something positive.

Thank God for this post. I don't have Foxtel, so can't watch the away matches. The horror season is over, and we have to forget it and move forward to the future, so it's good to read something positive.

no, we need to remember the horror show so that we make sure that it never happens again

But we lost????

God we are fucking shit. Was watching this game in a bar in Singapore and i was talking to some locals who can hardly speak English and even they couldn't beleive how shit we are.

What happened to JA, couldn't see him by the sidelines in the 2nd half????? Guy seriously needs to go

At times Heart did well today, but unfortunately once again it was all too brief. Some of the passing and running off the ball is of such a low grade it is not funny. Also the way our players get brushed off the ball tells me most of the players aren't up for the physical stuff. Another issue I have is the friendliness our players were showing to the Mariners. I don't know how many times I saw our players chatting and laughing with the opposition. All well to do this after the game, but not during the heat of battle. Simple not good enough.

• Like 1

Actually glad aloisis fought. Gives foxe a chance and shows that he cares....even if its just a bit

lol. you did realise that we were a man and a goal down at the time? Umm yeahh did realise...your point? I dunno if youve been watchig this season but thats something weve been missing? A fight when wer down?

Actually glad aloisis fought. Gives foxe a chance and shows that he cares....even if its just a bit

lol. you did realise that we were a man and a goal down at the time? Umm yeahh did realise...your point? I dunno if youve been watchig this season but thats something weve been missing? A fight when wer down?

what could Foxe possibly have achieved or proved of his coaching skills in a position like that?

Sack everyone except for Gerhardt, Tadic and Garcia. 100% srs.

it would be awks if you werent 100% serious. 

to put things simply

- Gerhardt sent off, down to 10 men

- McBreen converts penalty

- Hoffman comes on, down to 9 men

- Halftime Aloisi has a tantrum, gets sent to stands

- Pizza boy new coach for second half

- Duke scores

- Garcia scores

- Full time 2-1

- Aloisi complains about bad refereeing, even though we play shit football and our team is shit

• Like 1

Even by the standards of the first 22 games of the season, the last 5 have been a disaster. Not a single point, and only two goals scored. Gone from 5th/6th to 9th/10th.

Still reckon we get a rough time from the officials. A penalty awarded against us every third game - must also be a record? And the law on handball says that the ball must be deliberately handled. The ball just hitting a player on the hand is not deliberate handball. Gerhardt could not have got his hand out of the way of the ball if he wanted to. Summed up the season really - every thing that could go wrong did.

• Like 1

Even by the standards of the first 22 games of the season, the last 5 have been a disaster. Not a single point, and only two goals scored. Gone from 5th/6th to 9th/10th.

Still reckon we get a rough time from the officials. A penalty awarded against us every third game - must also be a record? And the law on handball says that the ball must be deliberately handled. The ball just hitting a player on the hand is not deliberate handball. Gerhardt could not have got his hand out of the way of the ball if he wanted to. Summed up the season really - every thing that could go wrong did.

Yes the penalty was harsh but have a look at how we got ourselves into that position.. it was through sloppy build up play in which we stupidly gave the ball away when we were in a good position to attack. JA should be more frustrated with the passage of play that led to the red card rather than the referee's decision. But of course he reckons we were playing well before that incident so once again its somebody else's fault that we are incredibly shit. 

• Like 1

We really missed the graceful one this season!

Shroj could have been so crucial this season. We let go the one player we needed more than anything else and spent a whole season trying to fix it, where we never did.

Germano broke down, Grella didn't quite work..., Thompson failed, Gerhard was needed elsewhere, Marcell never settled and Hoffman was certainly not capable.

Between Srhoj, Gerhardt and Colosimo I can't help but think most sides would have struggled breaking through.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 4

Clear penalty / red card. PG has been good this season in terms of effort but he gives away too many fouls. Combine his style of play with SC and we will always lose games.

Vrankovic was a wasted chance this season...the kid defends well and can play the ball out. If he had gotten a full season under his belt, next season he would have been as valuable Good or Hamill

Clear penalty / red card. PG has been good this season in terms of effort but he gives away too many fouls. Combine his style of play with SC and we will always lose games.

Vrankovic was a wasted chance this season...the kid defends well and can play the ball out. If he had gotten a full season under his belt, next season he would have been as valuable Good or Hamill

Couldn't agree more with this. Especially Vrankovic. Does anyone know how long we signed him for??? If i was him i would leave a club which clearly has more faith in an old hack than willing to give our kids a go. I think this season we have clearly backtracked on our promise to promote youth over experience.

Vranks signed a 2 year deal.

TBH, I was never overly convinced with him this season, he was even more shaky than Good was initially. I think a strong pre-season will do the kid wonders and some solid time in the gym to make him a more imposing assignment for forwards.

Colosimo obviously needs to go and a Bas van der Brink or Madaschi type to partner Vranks could be an amazing combo, moving Gerhardt to the more important DM position.

• Like 2

TBH, I was never overly convinced with him this season, he was even more shaky than Good was initially. I think a strong pre-season will do the kid wonders and some solid time in the gym to make him a more imposing assignment for forwards.

Colosimo obviously needs to go and a Bas van der Brink or Madaschi type to partner Vranks could be an amazing combo, moving Gerhardt to the more important DM position.

THIS FARKEN

Would make sense.

Then again, not much makes sense at MHFC headquarters.

• Like 1