Melbourne Football

Heavy handed security...

benzema23

Given that we've landed men on the moon and built some amazing buildings and structures around the world in recent years I'm surprised that we do not have the technological and engineering nous to actually design seats that could be removed and replaced easily and quickly and therefore cheaply as the occasion demands?

That would at least solve the vandalism/standing on seats issue, because in the 'active support area' the seats would not be there. Just one simple example of solving a problem.

Just seems to me none of the parties involved in this are actually looking for easy solutions. FFA/clubs/active supporters/security/police all seem to want confrontation rather than co-existence. FFS sit down in a room and tackle one issue at a time. I did all this stuff when I was involved with management/union stuff on workplace safety etc. Once you all stop shouting at one another you'll find you agree on 99% of everything and the remaining 1% is all you have to deal with.

So fed up with the minority of people - whoever they are and whether they be FFA/club/active supporter/security/police - who are spoiling the game I love dearly and the club I belong to.

I agree with most of what you have said.

AFAIK all Etihad seats are spring-loaded so they lift up when no-one is sitting on them. This makes it very easy to have standing areas.This season the seats were apparantly tied down so they didn't lift up- presumably as a measure to prevent them being torn up and a response after the damage done the previous game. Even more seats were ripped out than last time.For someone who works for ACG you dont know much. The seats at Etihad were tied UP so that they couldnt be sat on. But with a decent tug the cables ties snapped and the seat could be used as intended. I dont know about the rest of you, but I paid for a seat. Whether I choose to sit in it or not is entirely up to me(which I did at half time cos I needed a rest).

I dont condone damaging seats, but its pretty naive to think that just by standing on them is the only way to break them. The amount of time it takes to connect 3 cable ties together and then wrap them around each seat is probably the same time it would take to go along the bay with a cordless rattle gun and simply remove the seats from the bay. I work for ACG?

Whether you sit on a seat or not is not actually up to you, whether you paid for it or not, as someone else has said, standing is a privilege afforded to some supporters in some areas. If you stand in areas not designated as such, then you'll be told orn made to sit, and usually by other supporters who are sitting because you're blocking their view.

Thanks for clarifying the seat tie up situation. care to explain why that was done to your seats and not the rest of the stadium? So say they ban all standing areas.. And we all still stand, will the acg gods strike us down because last time I checked we have the numbers and silencing an entire groups voice can be rather tricky. Ys supports Melbourne heart just like every other member and spectator, just like you... If you stop making your posts from a secco's point of view people might not suggest you work for them, there's being non bias and then there's rooting for the otherside you seem to only focus on any negative points in regards to ys(if any) so you're either acg or a pessimist. See, those two words right there encapsulate what is wrong with what is happening in this discussion.

Far far more people have given far far more to get Australian football to where it is today than some of the turds who see themselves as little wannabe ultras by ripping up flares, tearing up seats, decking fellow supporters,

I can tell you right now if you present your arguments to the wider football community, you will be told that there is A LOT wrong with the behaviour of some of Yarraside's members. Bela tried it on 442- go and have a read of the responses he got.

Someone mentioned active supporters across clubs banding together. Problem is Yarraside does not have the wide spread support for that it thinks it does.

To move forward there has to be an acknowledgment of what is wrong in out own backyard. A couple poster here have grudgingly admitted some responsibility. Until the majority realise there's a problem with the active support, and changes happen, security will continue its hard line against active support, they have no choice. Kiro, what I attempt to explain on 442 was that any incident is usually the result of multiple contributing factors, whilst nobody would or should justify anyone getting punched at the football (or anywhere else), if we want to ensure that any similar incidents are avoided in the future we need to look at all the contributing factors. I wasn't at the game, I've read comments here and spoken to my wife who was sitting behind Yarraside so all my information is second-hand, but it seems that contributing factors were:

behaviour of some active supporters - flare, maybe other specific behaviour on the day

the timing and nature of the removal of Ando especially in relation to what was happening on field (it was clear we were headed for a bad result)

the ongoing nature of the relationship between ACG and YS

the decision to move to the other end of the ground

ACG response to this

ACG failure to exclude a belligerent fan from the visitors bay.

It's helpful that everyone look at their contribution and what they can do to avoid similar in the future. It's easy to just stop at the idiot that hit the WSW fan, its easy to just blame ACG or YS but like any serious incident, its complex and must be understood if we are to avoid another one in the future. Nobody on 442 seemed interested in any more than a superficial examination of what happened.

Edited by belaguttman

Perhaps it would have been beneficial if one of the terrace leaders had posted something along the lines of "we are aware of the issues and we are working with the club behind closed on a resolution".

Don't worry mate. Issues in regards to active support are communicated to the club through other channels.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 1

Not sure why people keep saying the bloke who hit the Wanderers fan on TV was a MHFC supporter. All reports say he wasn't a member of the club and from what I've read on other forums he mightn't have even been a supporter of our own club.

Wouldn't be the first time in the A-League that supporters of other clubs have gone to a match not involving their own side.

Also have to lol @ the comments referring to 442 as the 'wider football community'.

It's just the reject hole for all the posters who couldn't surivive on the World Game forums. Biggest collection of window lickers on the net.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

Make no mistake, in terms of a negative impact on the club, the active issues this season have done ten times more damage to our brand in comparison with the team's poor season on the pitch.

If this were the case, why are wanderers getting so much praise?

Make no mistake, in terms of a negative impact on the club, the active issues this season have done ten times more damage to our brand in comparison with the team's poor season on the pitch.

How many of the Wanderers fan-related disturbances make it to the front page?

We just need a couple of the Core Terrace Members to have a chat with the ACG who surround Y-SIDE and create a relationship with

them, no matter how petty it may be a simple conversation could change all of this crap that spawns from the lack of friendliness between the groups.

We just need a couple of the Core Terrace Members to have a chat with the ACG who surround Y-SIDE and create a relationship with

them, no matter how petty it may be a simple conversation could change all of this crap that spawns from the lack of friendliness between the groups.

As I have posted in this thread probably around three times now - Each week Core discussing Security Issues with the Club.

I think a lot of posters on here (Not so much yourself) need to digest the point that myself, BH and few others keep expressing in this thread that a lot of communication goes on between the Club and Core each week behind closed doors to keep our Terrace running.

The Wheels are in motion - The have been for over Three Seasons now.

Reading posts here is the equivalent of eating stale bread for a week with shit smeared inside it with butter.

People are repeating others of what they are posting here

Thread just goes on in circles

The same suggestions are been raised a lot here and ignore others that post the solution.

I don't even know why I keep reading in this thread after every new post. Maybe there's nothing else to read.

Lock this thread, it's going nowhere, just keeps going in an infinite circle.

I read over the thread before posting, I'm talking about Matchday at Half time/pre/post match conversations with ACG, maybe get to know one or two.

If somehow they could be in our favor the issues that currently take place will decrease.

FWIW I applaud and thank the core Y-side Lads who have always endeavored to maintain the terrace with the ongoing communication of issues such as this with our club :clap::clap:

Edited by Joel21

How many of the Wanderers fan-related disturbances make it to the front page?

Up in sydney, worse than us. think of the preseason rock hitting the kid incident, that was all over the news. then the flares at the sydney derby was all over the news aswell, just cos we dont see much of it down here doesnt mean it isnt in the news