Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Just heard from my step-dad who's mate works high up at one of victory's major sponsors and apparently if they get Karagounis, South have agreed to foot the bill as a compromise for a merger (as well as other stuff like the use of Lakeside). 

Apparently South have a very big backer too

The very big backer is stamoulis, one of the richest men in melbourne he has money coming out of his arse !

Yep, done. Victory have him, at a sizable cost. 

Good get for them, good player. 

Now our turn.

Karagounis in the A-League is good no matter what and although I would've much rather had him sign with us than Victory, you're right.

It's our turn.

• Like 2

Heard we are trying to get Cahill on 10 game guest stint during MLS break.

That'd be pretty awesome. Aloisi might not be the best coach (to be fair i think we just had a pretty shit team) but he is great at bringing back mates from the socceroos. 

Is your source credible?

Cut the racist shit and bring the thread back on topic please.

Consider that the warning.

Yes, and could we please discuss anything to do with MV, if we have to, in the forum that's set up for that purpose?

Edited by jw1739

What a load of crap everyone laughed and made fun of victory forums whinging about us signing Kewell now your doing the same. Get over it. Worry about us and concentrate on us signing Holt. Because we would have the best striker in the league by the length of the Flemington straight.

Edited by HeartinHobart
  • Like 1

Didn't you know? only Greeks can have a winning mentality. Oh and they invented everything.

Would rather be a Roman than Greek, they invented the Trojan horse

:droy:

Greeks DID 'invent' the Trojan horse.

In terms of invention, the Greeks pretty much evented everything from condoms and mathematics to dish washing liquid in comparison from the small and insignificant island of Fascist barbarians of which I assume you both descend from.

Admins, any more outright racism and kents should be banned.

• Like 2

Didn't you know? only Greeks can have a winning mentality. Oh and they invented everything.

Would rather be a Roman than Greek, they invented the Trojan horse

:droy:

Greeks DID 'invent' the Trojan horse.

In terms of invention, the Greeks pretty much evented everything from condoms and mathematics to dish washing liquid in comparison from the small and insignificant island of Fascist barbarians of which I assume you both descend from.

Fuck i just went full retard :droy:

hearing that victorys discussions with karagounis mainly involved questions reagarding the type of training, recovery and playing facilities the club has. Apparently not much talk on the money aspect of things, he was more concerned on the clubs facilities.

We should take note tbh, we joke around about having wheelie bins as ice baths, but it's simply not good enough. If we want to get serious about luring a big marquee and other quality players, we must upgrade our facilities. You'd be surprised at the number of players who would look at our training facilities and not even consider playing for us.

We're lucky we've got a fantastic home ground in aami park, but we urgently need better training/recovery facilities. It'll help us attract better players, and it will also help manage and prevent the numerous injruies that we always seem to suffer from every season.

Edited by heart_fan10

You'd be surprised at the number of players who would look at our training facilities and not even consider playing for us.

Would we? Please, enlighten us as to how many players that would be. If you could name them that would help our understanding too. I'd love to find out how many players this would be. Lucky I can ask you who evidently knows more than any of us.

You'd be surprised at the number of players who would look at our training facilities and not even consider playing for us.

Would we? Please, enlighten us as to how many players that would be. If you could name them that would help our understanding too. I'd love to find out how many players this would be. Lucky I can ask you who evidently knows more than any of us.

Regardless, he's got a point.

Our facilities are not the greatest.

• Like 1

fuck you morphine

• Like 2

the small and insignificant island of Fascist barbarians of which I assume you both descend from.

Displays outright racism and then calls for banning. Nice.... oh wait is this the start of banning anyone who isn't Greek?

• Like 1

hearing that victorys discussions with karagounis mainly involved questions reagarding the type of training, recovery and playing facilities the club has. Apparently not much talk on the money aspect of things, he was more concerned on the clubs facilities.

We should take note tbh, we joke around about having wheelie bins as ice baths, but it's simply not good enough. If we want to get serious about luring a big marquee and other quality players, we must upgrade our facilities. You'd be surprised at the number of players who would look at our training facilities and not even consider playing for us.

We're lucky we've got a fantastic home ground in aami park, but we urgently need better training/recovery facilities. It'll help us attract better players, and it will also help manage and prevent the numerous injruies that we always seem to suffer from every season.

Would we be able to train at lakeside? It is owned by the government and it has all the facilities the club needs

Morphine = poor man's heartfc

I'm not a douche though. I'm just a normal guy who is sick of reading the idiotic crap posted here. Everyone seems to think they are superior to everyone else - yet the content of their posts is just unfounded bullshit.

I'd love a logical, genuine place to discuss our club. However, almost every discussion turns into a pissing contest. If most of you stopped trying to 'one up' the next bloke this forum would be a lot better.

• Like 2

Would we be able to train at lakeside? It is owned by the government and it has all the facilities the club needs

But it doesn't have the facilities we need. It doesn't have enough catering infrastructure and the player facilities were deemed sub standard. It also seems to have no sponsorship or advertising on display. I'm not sure if that's because of the government involvement and it's not allowed or what?

Plus it's a shit place to get to.

the small and insignificant island of Fascist barbarians of which I assume you both descend from.

Displays outright racism and then calls for banning. Nice.... oh wait is this the start of banning anyone who isn't Greek?

lol none of the mods are Greek and neither is marteaux.

And if you think there is any real danger of SMFC buying MHFC or that buying Karagounis will make our club Greek then you're a bit soft in the head.

Morphine = poor man's heartfc

I'm not a douche though. I'm just a normal guy who is sick of reading the idiotic crap posted here. Everyone seems to think they are superior to everyone else - yet the content of their posts is just unfounded bullshit.

I'd love a logical, genuine place to discuss our club. However, almost every discussion turns into a pissing contest. If most of you stopped trying to 'one up' the next bloke this forum would be a lot better.

so suggesting that better facilities would attract better players is idiotic?

last time i checked the forum is a place where everyone puts in their ideas and what they think about certain aspects of the club and are able to discuss it further. You'll like some posts, and not like others.

This thread has had too many arguments.. (worse than usual) everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Every single person is entitled to their opinion, whether it be one you agree with or disagree with, it does not matter. a couple people just carry on too much, put your opinion or view out there and deal with it.

The situation with the wheelie bins and sub-standard facilities may seem funny in the short-term, but it really tarnishes the professionalism of the club so long as it still exists. Some of the international marquee players in question come from the top tier of clubs in the world. Yes, it is unrealistic to expect a new and emerging club in Australia to compete with these European clubs, but when you're offering top dollar for some players it'd make sense to also splash a bit of cash on facilities. It's not just a matter of appearance, better facilities can undoubtedly improve on-field performance through improved recovery, training, etc. Realistically any club should look to improve the basics before they start to involve themselves in more advanced and expensive endeavours. 

You raise some good points MKD. Maybe for the last few seasons we could laugh off the wheelie bins, the aleaugue wasn't as recognisable as it is now. It was amusing and we had a laugh, but we're trying to be recognised by players overseas that are used to better facilities and what it comes down to in the end is "we're using fuckin garbage bins to stand in"!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately first impression screams unprofessionalism no matter what way you look at it.

• Like 2