Melbourne Football

Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

1) away derbies bring out the worst in everyone.

2) I thought we were quite hard done by during the match. The ref was playing to an audience and our boys copped it.

3) Babalj playing behind our striker - yes please

4) Victory fans are abhorrent. Spitting on us from the level above, coins and other rubbish raining down on us at the final whistle is an absolute disgrace.

5) Derby specials :droy:

Could've of summed it up better myself. I blame eitihiad for purposely putting as many victory supporters on top of us as humanly possible. Surely they knew that it was going to end badly?

Was also nice to meet you last night, was a bit nervous when talking to you though, was a bit star struck :wub:

I unfortunately sat on level two surrounded by Victory scum the whole game and had to put up with their bullshit , never mind, I was directly opposite yarraside so basically was closer to the victory supporters but could clearly hear the yarraside much better! good job boys!!!

Pretty disgusted with a lot of our own fans last night. Mainly the derby specials. Had an incident with a bunch of drunk misogynistic non-chanting wankers guys in the row behind me. Spoilt a lot of the night for me. Disappointing when the effort on the pitch was actually very heartening.

Hope we can build on that for next week. Tadic injury another blow for us but thank goodness we've got Eli back, and there's always DMac rotting in the reserves too.

• Like 1

Sad to see sits being ripped up. You (the culprits) have given our club a bad name and should be banned from ever being part of this group. If this is not done the situation will get worse. Time for the club to act.

Do not see how this affects you, so our club may now have a bad rep at etihad but why is that your concern? I'm sure our supporters can continue

to be content with the club regardless of what a small minority have done, and the group of which you speak come to every home game, buy memberships, and stand and sing for the 90, sure it is property damage but they are also doing some good things as well. Let the club deal with this.

Also it seems you are new so Welcome to the Forum Mate :up:

Thanks for the welcome. It does not affect me directly, but I hate to see a small minority give the club the kind of image we can do without. Just because they buy membership and sing their heart out (pardon the pun) it does not give them the right to behave in this manner. I will be delighted to see the club deal with this. That will show me how proffessional a club Melbourne Heart is. Edited by George Cross

Pretty disgusted with a lot of our own fans last night. Mainly the derby specials. Had an incident with a bunch of drunk misogynistic non-chanting wankers guys in the row behind me. Spoilt a lot of the night for me. Disappointing when the effort on the pitch was actually very heartening.

Hope we can build on that for next week. Tadic injury another blow for us but thank goodness we've got Eli back, and there's always DMac rotting in the reserves too.

D-Mac hasn't played since Adelaide game. He also is injured

Groin IIRC

Not sure if the same people but i had some tools behind me as well, about 7 or so, that wouldn't shut up about thompson/muscat. Barely sang at all as well.

Ok last night, I've waited a while before posting but here is my verdict:

1. We put in a crack last night, I can say that. Not enough cattle to do the job, but the ones who played put in a crack.

2. Archie is a prick and a cunt and a wankjob who needs to be shot.

3. We need to get an experienced defence, especially on the flanks as we were torn to shreds.

4. The capo had an impossible job last night, there were at least 3 different chants going and sitting near the players race at that end there were 2 or 3 rebel groups (presumably only derby fans) doing their own thing. THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP! The capo is the leader, and must have the power to lead an organised terrace, its the best way to get loud.

5. A bit disappointed Williams didn't come over after he scored, but if they had scored earlier I suppose he would have. Certainly better than that cunt Archie.

6. Redders - WHAT A STAR, saved our skin so many times'

7. Strebre, I believe there is another thread on here which describes you but you are a prick and a cheating scum and hope you made a lot of money.

Did anyone on here have anything on us at $5 before the match?

Huge match this week, still well in touch with the top 6 and a win at home is just what we need.

Sorry I went on so long lads and ladies!

• Like 1

Given that we were playing the form team of the competition we were on a hiding to nothing. I'd have said that with a back line containing Walker (19) Vrankovic (19) and Mitchinson (20) we did pretty well. We can argue about the referee until the cows come home, but at best it was carelessness from Germano that gave away the second goal, not the back four. As pointed out before the game by someone it was a hell of a risk playing high-pressing wingbacks against MV in any case, even more so when they're two lads from the youth squad. This is the sort of thing people are talking about when they call for a 'Plan B.'

Bitter pill, but last night may actually prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Still reckon we're a good chance to come up against these pricks again in the finals and would much rather face them coming off 2 derby losses with our players feeling the burn, then coming into a final after dominating them all season and the players thinking we're going to get an easy win.

Also, I know I'm not one to talk sometimes with my antics, but why are people posting in here (mostly randoms) about being well dressed and posting pictures of broken chairs? So cringe worthy and very stupid. Sort yourselves out.

On another note, thought our pub turnout was pretty poor in all honesty. Thought we could do alot better then that.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

It's all good guys, we'll still win the GF this season, we'll peak at the right time.

We will finish 5th and face Adelaide over there, we'll take the chocolates and set up an away derby semi-final with the Mongs. We'll smash them all over the park to set up an away grand final against Western Sydney at Alianz, where we'll redeem our earlier performances and trounce them on what will be our greatest day.

MHFC Champions 2012!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by LR9
  • Like 6

waaaay to many people just standing in the active area not chanting, too many people starting chants when there should only be ONE person instructing what to chant, and agree with above ^ much angrier than usual, i know i was and it was due to those disobidiant cunts called victory supporters. wankers, the lot of them. cannot wait to shove it in their faces when we beat them next..

and dont even get me started on the wife beater...

Oh, I normally follow the capo all the time, but Etihad is awful for it. It also doesn't help that we are put in the corner which stretches around a bend meaning people at the far ends cannot hear the capo.

So basically:

Etihad is bad

Derby specials are why the capo wasn't followed.

Now I might cop a bit for this but I thought Williams was poor, he is up against a 17 yr old first gamer and it took till the 88th minute for him to get around him down the sideline. Also while GolGol is on he can't take corners or free kicks

agreed about williams for the most part, but seriously didn't you see gol gol's free kick? he's also the only one to score directly from a free kick this season. a fuck load better than others who blast it 10 metres over the goal or straight into the wall.

sat in GA level 3 with me old man and my mate, he seemed bemused for the first 20 mins or so but was enjoying those giving it to large to archie. hopefully he'll be back. self enforced ban of getting drunk was a shame, could've done with it.

went to cherry afterward, full of shit cunts so went home to bed.

It's really farked and it makes me angry that our fans break seats and throw things on the pitch. Bunch of laughable try hard hooligans.. The club doesn't need that crap..

Has anyone got the date and time that the replay is on Foxtel, I'd love to watch it back, mainly to hear how loud our away support was compared to the rest of the stadium!

You could hear our fans clearly but it is only because Fox put a microphone right there.. Not a true representation of how it was in the stadium. You could hear the capo on TV. :D Anyone saying that our fans were louder based on TV is laughable.

• Like 1

+1

Also, STOP MAKING EXCUSES YOU WHIMPY FUCKTARDS.

Now I might cop a bit for this but I thought Williams was poor, he is up against a 17 yr old first gamer and it took till the 88th minute for him to get around him down the sideline. Also while GolGol is on he can't take corners or free kicks

agreed about williams for the most part, but seriously didn't you see gol gol's free kick? he's also the only one to score directly from a free kick this season. a fuck load better than others who blast it 10 metres over the goal or straight into the wall.

sat in GA level 3 with me old man and my mate, he seemed bemused for the first 20 mins or so but was enjoying those giving it to large to archie. hopefully he'll be back. self enforced ban of getting drunk was a shame, could've done with it.

I think you have misread my free kicks comment

While GolGol is on, Williams can't take free kicks or corners

I want GolGol taking them

It's all good guys, we'll still win the GF this season, we'll peak at the right time.

We will finish 5th and face Adelaide over there, we'll take the chocolates and set up an away derby semi-final with the Mongs. We'll smash them all over the park to set up an away grand final against Western Sydney at Alianz, where we'll redeem our earlier performances and trounce them on what will be our greatest day.

MHFC Champions 2012!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fuck. That would be the most fun few weeks of my life.

I think you have misread my free kicks comment

While GolGol is on, Williams can't take free kicks or corners

I want GolGol taking them

oh right, in that case i totally agree... apologies it didn't read like that :)