Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

Just now, hedaik said:

Im really starting to hate the internet, well social media at least. These faux outrages that occur on almost a weekly basis now really pisses me off. 

Its not outrageous that students are asked in class by their teachers to rate their sexual preferences for varying sex acts?
Go try that in a work place and see how that goes down.

8 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Its not outrageous that students are asked in class by their teachers to rate their sexual preferences for varying sex acts?

I was talking about the Natanui incident, not about what you posted about. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deeming said:

It's important that they realise early that the concept of anal is far more attractive than the real thing.

16 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Fuck oath. Blackface doesnt even have historical context in Australia if im not mistaken; its an american thing no?

Not that it matters, unless theyre intending to offend, shut the fuck up and get on with your life.

1 minute ago, hedaik said:

m8 just be glad you didnt start a war with that Jewish joke you liked on facebook yesterday

Haha one of the best ive seen

Edited by bt50

14 minutes ago, hedaik said:

LOL - The whole thing just reminded how dumb Book Week costumes were... I remember in Year Four at my school everyone just went in NBA Jerseys and Nikes... because NBA Players have so much to do with Books.

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Fuck oath. Blackface doesnt even historical context in Australia if im not mistaken; its an american thing no?

Not that it matters, unless theyre intending to offend, shut the fuck up and get on with your life

This pretty much says it all, he didnt even know about blackface himself

https://twitter.com/RealNaitanui?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

Im really starting to hate the internet, well social media at least. These faux outrages that occur on almost a weekly basis now really pisses me off. 

My wife listens to ABC radio although I can't stand it. I think they have a daily program lasting the whole 24 hours entitled "Outrage of the day." Even worse is that they cycle monotonously through the same list of outrages - "marriage equality", racism, immigration detention, child abuse, women's issues, LGBTIQ+.

Sunday is a rest day. Then we get "Australia All Over" where we pretend we're all tall, sun-bronzed, simple country folk and reminisce about the "old days."

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My wife listens to ABC radio although I can't stand it. I think they have a daily program lasting the whole 24 hours entitled "Outrage of the day." Even worse is that they cycle monotonously through the same list of outrages - "marriage equality", racism, immigration detention, child abuse, women's issues, LGBTIQ+.

Sunday is a rest day. Then we get "Australia All Over" where we pretend we're all tall, sun-bronzed, simple country folk and reminisce about the "old days."

It's fairly clear these days that only certain PPL in society can be discriminated, defamed and slandered these days according to the ABC... they probably even have their own Charter of Human Rights which I am sure doesn't protect my rights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deeming said:

A plug for my wife's first Spectator column.

http://spectator.com.au/2016/08/safe-schools-sleazy-trojan-horse/

Your wife is a right wing teacher?

Unusual, but good.

Fucking half the cunts that I know who did Arts at Melbourne ended up becoming teachers and they're all really opinionated left wing fuckwits, you just know they're feeding that cancer to children ffs.

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Unusual, but good.

Fucking half the cunts that I know who did Arts at Melbourne ended up becoming teachers and they're all really opinionated left wing fuckwits, you just know they're feeding that cancer to children ffs.

She is. An uncommon breed but not as uncommon as you'd think. The difference is she is willing to voice her opinion, many of the others are afraid to because of getting beaten down by the left-wing mob mentality of the rest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Unusual, but good.

I loved these cunts when I did Arts at Melbourne, making their dumb biased comments look illogical def made my tutorials so much more worth attending... ESP because they already hated my guts as soon as I entered the room due to me being a College Kid.

6 minutes ago, Deeming said:

many of the others are afraid to because of getting beaten down by the left-wing mob mentality of the rest.

Collectivism 101.

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

I loved these cunts when I did Arts at Melbourne, making their dumb biased comments look illogical def made my tutorials so much more worth attending... ESP because they already hated my guts as soon as I entered the room due to me being a College Kid.

Yeah you just know they went into Arts hoping to get into DFAT or something else that only 0.1% of people doing the course have a hope for so it obviously wasn't gonna happen for biased leftards.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Bad day for the ALP at both the State and Federal Level

Daniel Andrews is learning fast that Simpsons memes and growing weed can't hide the fact he is a union lackie.

Elswhere the Shadow Minister for Self Promotion and HSP's is finding himself in a spot of bother for accepting money from "Chinese interests"

Par for the course I guess.

4 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Bad day for the ALP at both the State and Federal Level

Daniel Andrews is learning fast that Simpsons memes and growing weed can't hide the fact he is a union lackie.

Elswhere the Shadow Minister for Self Promotion and HSP's is finding himself in a spot of bother for accepting money from "Chinese interests"

Par for the course I guess.

LOL - Leaders from the Left of the ALP always get stuck once they take office because they have had to know a few dodgey kents back in the day to get where they are... hence why the same thing happened to Gillard.

LOL @ Senator Snack Pack having to resign over a small, fully disclosed, donation from a company linked to a foreign government, when another former ALP frontbench senator was exposed as a spy for a foreign government and no one gave a fuck.

What a time to be alive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NewConvert said:

who was that?

Possibly he's referring to Arthur Gietzelt?

But it's not really valid to compare what happened back then to what happens today. Nowadays virtually everything public figures do, say and write is subject to intense scrutiny every minute of their lives, communications are almost instant etc. etc. So Dastyari is operating in the global fishbowl, whereas Gietzelt was not.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

But it's not really valid to compare what happened back then to what happens today. Nowadays virtually everything public figures do, say and write is subject to intense scrutiny every minute of their lives, communications are almost instant etc. etc. So Dastyari is operating in the global fishbowl, whereas Gietzelt was not.

Arbib is the one he is referring to I am pretty sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I just did a web search on who Arthur Gietzelt was and found out he was a minister in the Hawke Government and secretly an alleged member of the Communist Party of Australia back in the 50s. It doesn't appear that he was accused of being a spy but some of his comrades were certainly thought of being spies for the KGB. If he had been a spy there was no way that Hawke would have countenanced a ministerial position for him as the Coombes affair showed. Coombes was no spy but he was being groomed (just like dastyari was) and Hawke prohibited any ALP member from having contact with him. As for having no consequences, well that was what led to the split in the ALP in the 50s as Santamaria's DLP kept the ALP out of power for a long time.

Interesting to note that Datyari, Arbib and Gietzelt are from NSW which in my books is the definition of being corrupt.

40 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Which comments are you specifically referring to?

Only heard them on the radio. Something like "He's a talented young man with plenty of good ideas for Australia. I'm sure we'll see him again." Or something like that. Horrible paraphrase.

57 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Wow. Legit didn't even see Shorten's comments before posting this.

What comments?

Who is this guy btw, how is a immigrant from Iran so connected in the ALP that they hand him a senate seat and put him on the front bench so quickly. Yeah I know he has a decent history with Labor and the unions but so do many other Labor wannabes, I imagine a rise like his requires serious connections and not just hustling.

Fwiw for a Labor politician he is alright IMO, though the constant HSP stuff got old fast, it was funny to begin with but he really over did it.

Edited by Tesla

23 minutes ago, Tesla said:

What comments?

Who is this guy btw, how is a immigrant from Iran so connected in the ALP that they hand him a senate seat and put him on the front bench so quickly. Yeah I know he has a decent history with Labor and the unions but so do many other Labor wannabes, I imagine a rise like his requires serious connections and not just hustling.

Fwiw for a Labor politician he is alright IMO, though the constant HSP stuff got old fast, it was funny to begin with but he really over did it.

TBH I didn't mind him either, mostly because he trolled Hanson. Where he came from is a good question, I think he took a similar trajectory to forum favourite Wally Aly. He is undoubtedly a talented person, but so are many pollies.

The SJW element of the left have more than likely positively discriminated him to the top.

"Look how cultured we are, we have an Iranian born frontbencher"

FWIW, as I understand his parents are but he is not a Muslim.

49 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TBH I didn't mind him either, mostly because he trolled Hanson. Where he came from is a good question, I think he took a similar trajectory to forum favourite Wally Aly. He is undoubtedly a talented person, but so are many pollies.

The SJW element of the left have more than likely positively discriminated him to the top.

"Look how cultured we are, we have an Iranian born frontbencher"

FWIW, as I understand his parents are but he is not a Muslim.

Yeah definitely he has played his cards well, making himself basically the 2nd most famous "pro-Muslim" (for lack of a better term) personality in the country and also non-stop repping Western Sydney, but still I imagine they dont just hand out senate seats to nobodys. Just read that he was president of Young Labor, that would explain it.

In b4 first effnick PM. All the anti-muslim shit & Pauline Hanson is just gonna push people to do some retarded democratic affirmative action like what happened with Obama. The thing about his parents being Muslim but him not being Muslim reminds me of how Obama is only half black, 'diverse' enough to get the affirmative action but not really 'diverse' so it's still acceptable.

Edited by Tesla

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

Fuck me, his cats are named Lenin, Trotsky and Chairman Mao.

I'm done, hang the cunt (the third one gets a pass, but not the other two).

What is wrong with Trotsky? He never got around to killing anyone because h never had power. Sure he was a firebrand and had a turgid writing style but that was typical Russian.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tesla said:

Yeah definitely he has played his cards well, making himself basically the 2nd most famous "pro-Muslim" (for lack of a better term) personality in the country and also non-stop repping Western Sydney, but still I imagine they dont just hand out senate seats to nobodys. Just read that he was president of Young Labor, that would explain it.

In b4 first effnick PM. All the anti-muslim shit & Pauline Hanson is just gonna push people to do some retarded democratic affirmative action like what happened with Obama. The thing about his parents being Muslim but him not being Muslim reminds me of how Obama is only half black, 'diverse' enough to get the affirmative action but not really 'diverse' so it's still acceptable.

You two are significant underestimating the connections and influence that Dastyari has. He's a former general secretary of NSW Labor and one of Shorten's key backers, he would be one of the most influential factional figures in the party. Suggesting that he got to the top by positive discrimination is a bit insulting to him, you can say a lot of things about him but you can't deny that he is one of the most effective political figures moving about today, he was secretary general of the country's biggest Labor branch before he turned 30.

16 hours ago, NewConvert said:

I just did a web search on who Arthur Gietzelt was and found out he was a minister in the Hawke Government and secretly an alleged member of the Communist Party of Australia back in the 50s. It doesn't appear that he was accused of being a spy but some of his comrades were certainly thought of being spies for the KGB. If he had been a spy there was no way that Hawke would have countenanced a ministerial position for him as the Coombes affair showed. Coombes was no spy but he was being groomed (just like dastyari was) and Hawke prohibited any ALP member from having contact with him. As for having no consequences, well that was what led to the split in the ALP in the 50s as Santamaria's DLP kept the ALP out of power for a long time.

Interesting to note that Datyari, Arbib and Gietzelt are from NSW which in my books is the definition of being corrupt.

There were def links in the ALP Left to the KGB at that time in Victoria... and both my Grandfathers rocked up to separate Inner City ALP meetings to be told that Catholics were not allowed into ALP meetings anymore.

TBH this plays a large part in how I am a Left Leaning Liberal and not a member of the ALP Right.

Edited by cadete

Seriously just when I thought the Political side of FB could not get more retarded I am greeted by PPL posting conspiracies and worse shitty joke photos about 9/11... there really is no limited to how pathetic some PPL can get.

I was 18 when 9/11 happened, so unlike most of these PPL I actually experienced this day as a young adult  and I can tell you that if PPL had done that shit in 2001 a lot of PPL would not wanted to have spoken to them for a very long time.

It was by far one of the worst days of mine and my friends lives up to the point no matter what their Political Opinions were...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously just when I thought the Political side of FB could not get more retarded I am greeted by PPL posting conspiracies and worse shitty joke photos about 9/11... there really is no limited to how pathetic some PPL can get.

I was 18 when 9/11 happened, so unlike most of these PPL I actually experienced this day as a young adult  and I can tell you that if PPL had done that shit in 2001 a lot of PPL would not wanted to have spoken to them for a very long time.

It was by far one of the worst days of mine and my friends lives up to the point no matter what their Political Opinions were...

Meh, their own government doesn't have enough respect for the victims' families to let them sue the Saudi government, a lack of respect from randoms on the internet hardly means anything in comparison.

Edited by Tesla

22 minutes ago, cadete said:

Pretty sure I know what triggered this