Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

I haven't seen this clip on The Project.

I haven't seen this clip verified either.

Seems like a large group of people throwing stones at two hungarian sounding men in a train. Did these two men give them asylum? Did these two men giving them asylum send the unreportedly Syrian refugees into a stone throwing frenzy?

Edited by Jun

Dont get hung up on the name of the clip but rather the actions of these "poor refugees". Even if these guys were told to fuck off back home theres no excuse for chucking stones. So what the clip is staged? I guess the reports of aggressive young men rocking up to Greece/hungry etc etc and causing mayhem are untrue too? 

Ill add, it took me under 10 minutes to find half a dozen clips of more young men basically rioting on the streets of budapest shouting "allah akbar". Cant blame Hungry one tiny bit mate. Wouldnt want that scum in my country either.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

All we see here are a group of people in backpacks throwing stones at a train, you know nothing of the context of this video, only assumptions based on wider issues facing parts of eastern Europe.
This could be (refugee or not) a gang of opportunistic looters, as we only see young men in backpacks and not families and children.
It could be young men newly arrived in Hungary driven to acts of violence by fear, anger, and misinformation.

Don't give in to fear too

All we see here are a group of people in backpacks throwing stones at a train, you know nothing of the context of this video, only assumptions based on wider issues facing parts of eastern Europe.
This could be (refugee or not) a gang of opportunistic looters, as we only see young men in backpacks and not families and children.
It could be young men newly arrived in Hungary driven to acts of violence by fear, anger, and misinformation.

Don't give in to fear too

Sorry mate but you're clutching at straws,  it's pretty well documented that Syrian refugees being absolute cunts in the countries they pass through is common. Why do you think these countries try to not let them in even though they're just passing through?

Does it change the fact these people need help/asylum? I guess not.

Are these trouble makers a minority? Possibly.

But you really can't deny something that's been covered by major news agencies and also with tons of videos proving it across the internet.

Granted, these videos are propaganda for the people against taking in refugees, but the exact same can be said for the videos showing the struggles of the refugees etc., those are propaganda for helping refugees more. both are reality and this isn't a black and white situation.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Good point, let me rephrase, there will be a US recognised Kurdish state within the next 5 years.

Being my ancestry, I can tell you that since there was never a Chaldea and/or Assyrian state in Iraq (Catholic minority), there will never be a Kurdish state. Kurdistan will join the ranks of Yugoslavia and all other dissolved/dead nations. 

Being my ancestry, I can tell you that since there was never a Chaldea and/or Assyrian state in Iraq (Catholic minority), there will never be a Kurdish state. Kurdistan will join the ranks of Yugoslavia and all other dissolved/dead nations. 

Well it's the best and probably only chance that they will have in our life times. They were probably a 70% chance a year ago and now more like a 50% chance but that's still a lot more than they'll see when the whole ISIS situation is resolved.

• Like 1

Sorry mate but you're clutching at straws,  it's pretty well documented that Syrian refugees being absolute cunts in the countries they pass through is common. Why do you think these countries try to not let them in even though they're just passing through?

Does it change the fact these people need help/asylum? I guess not.

Are these trouble makers a minority? Possibly.

But you really can't deny something that's been covered by major news agencies and also with tons of videos proving it across the internet.

Granted, these videos are propaganda for the people against taking in refugees, but the exact same can be said for the videos showing the struggles of the refugees etc., those are propaganda for helping refugees more. both are reality and this isn't a black and white situation.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make.

But posting a video with zero validation and saying "why doesn't the left acknowledge this?" is ridiculous and helps no one.

Quick look on sportsbet but seemingly no specific market for the ballot, just $1.10 for Turnbull to be leader at next election, 1.07 for Abbott to be next party leader removed, and 1.05 for Turnbull to be next Coalition leader.

Shit odds not worth betting. 

Turnbull is too much of a pussy to move without knowing he must have a healthy share of the numbers so you would have to presume he must be the favourite... his not the type to do a Howard or Keating and fight it out from the Backbench.

It will be interesting to see if the Media dedicates as much of its time to Turnbull's being Catholic (He actually converted to the religion as well) as it does to Abbott and his faith.

Turnbull is too much of a pussy to move without knowing he must have a healthy share of the numbers so you would have to presume he must be the favourite... his not the type to do a Howard or Keating and fight it out from the Backbench.

It will be interesting to see if the Media dedicates as much of its time to Turnbull's being Catholic (He actually converted to the religion as well) as it does to Abbott and his faith.

I think you're right but he also doesn't have a lot to lose TBH. Holds the shittest portfolio. 

I think you're right but he also doesn't have a lot to lose TBH. Holds the shittest portfolio. 

Well he wouldn't be able to do his constant media appearances to promote himself if he lost, he will clearly win as he is not a fighter.

If Big Mal gets up surely the Melbourne Metro will get funding with his love affair of using PT

Turnbull says he likes a lot a things when he doesn't have to commit to things... reminds me of another Malcolm who passed away recently.

It's the day he's been dreading.

Not necessarily, most Turnbull lovers are already ALP voters and as his time as opposition leader showed he is not a fighter... Abbott does some ridiculously stupid things basically every week but nobody can deny that he will fight until his death. 

The only thing that is certain is that who ever wins will probably want an early election and that all of this is Costello mess as if he just hung around for a few more years none of this would be happening.

Edited by cadete

Not necessarily, most Turnbull lovers are already ALP voters and as his time as opposition leader showed he is not a fighter... Abbott does some ridiculously stupid things basically every week but nobody can deny that he will fight until his death. 

The only thing that is certain is that who ever wins will probably want an early election and that all of this is Costello mess as if he just hung around for a few more years none of this would be happening.

So you think Abbott would still be a chance to win the next election?

As I read it Abbott has, proportionally, more support from his parliamentary colleagues than he does in the electorate. Abbott lost me, a Liberal voter, a few months ago, but I wouldn't like to call tonight's vote.

I accept that if Turnbull wins we will see some changes that I probably won't be overly enthusiastic about, but I think with him at the helm we will see a better parliament and therefore better government for our country. The past few years have just been party political name-calling, bickering, and a never-ending blame game. I'm just so sick of that.

• Like 1

So you think Abbott would still be a chance to win the next election?

Yes.

1. No Federal Government since WW2 has not received a second term... even Fraser won three elections (Amazing Stat that one) and Gough (I dont want to argue Gough tonight but we can agree he was pretty different for his time) won two elections.

2. The earlier he goes the clearer the memory of Rudd vs Gillard will be and Shorten is hardly popular.

3. The ALP Government who knocked out the one term LNP Government in QLD has done terribly which will be at the back of PPL's mind likewise the ALP Government down here who knocked at the one term Coalition has also made a few significant unpopular decisions... albeit they have nothing on what has happened in QLD.

Edited by cadete

Yes.

1. No Federal Government since WW2 has not received a second term... even Fraser won three elections (Amazing Stat that one) and Gough (I dont want to argue Gough tonight but we can agree he was pretty different for his time) won two elections.

2. The earlier he goes the clearer the memory of Rudd vs Gillard will be and Shorten is hardly popular.

3. The ALP Government who knocked out the one term LNP Government in QLD has done terribly which will be at the back of PPL's mind likewise the ALP Government down here who knocked at the one term Coalition has also made a few significant unpopular decisions... albeit they have nothing on what has happened in QLD.

Fair call.

I guess I just see more people switching from voting ALP to Libs if Turnbull is in charge, whereas it is virtually impossible to see Lib voters switching the other way, especially those who don't think he is conservative enough. 

Fair call.

I guess I just see more people switching from voting ALP to Libs if Turnbull is in charge, whereas it is virtually impossible to see Lib voters switching the other way, especially those who don't think he is conservative enough. 

no mate after Baillieu I never vote for the labour man in the liberal party again.

At least when Turnbull does lie we'll get a half intelligent excuse rather than some bumbling buffoon dishing out 3 worded mottos. (That was aimed at cadete but quoting sucks on a phone)

They did not work that well for the last PM who never came up through the party... KEVIN07

Turnbull hasn't been know to use his catholicism as basis for political policy in a secular country

So no, can't imagine the media will give a shit

Edited by Jun