Melbourne Football

Aloisi = Legend

Caddy

At the start of the season, i was sing JA's praises after listening to him at some of the coach the coach sessions.

A few weeks ago i was starting to change my mind (especially after the sydney game) and lose faith in the bloke.

When you sit back and reflect, the last 2 weeks we have been severly undermanned and come away with a draw and a win.

We have only lost 1 of our last 5 games.

You cant really have a go at the man with these results , with bugger all manpower

I dont know if its JA or the Foxman, or just pure luck.

Anyhow im back on the JA bandwagon.

I like how he is not following the crowd trying to play the textbook play out from the back etc etc.

You have to play to the capabilities of the team and i think he is doing that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Losing games "sack Aloisi"..

Winning games "Aloisi = Legend"..

Natural cycle of things.

Yep.

Apart from the WSW performance, we've been playing better recently. So I think Aloisi deserves some credit.

While other clubs have been sacking coaches this season, our club has stuck to it's guns and seem to be committed to giving JA the time and support he needs to develop as a coach. And while it's been frustrating at times, I'm starting to think that he's going to repay that faith. I've been a critic, but to his credit, he's remained measured and positive throughout, he seems to have retained the support of the playing group, he's had to deal with a lot of disruption to the squad, and I think he's adapted and improved on the things which led to some really poor performances.

If we lose this weekend, then I might change my mind. But for now, I'm starting to feel more confident in JA.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 4

Stability is very important. Irrespective of where we finish this season JA and JD have the opportunity to reshape the squad as necessary for what we're aiming for next season and thereafter. You don't get that when you have managers going in and out of the revolving door.

I was one for some sort of change earlier but I concede that I was wrong.

Stability is very important. Irrespective of where we finish this season JA and JD have the opportunity to reshape the squad as necessary for what we're aiming for next season and thereafter. You don't get that when you have managers going in and out of the revolving door.

I was one for some sort of change earlier but I concede that I was wrong.

Tend to agree that its next season that JA should really be judged, as he will have a Squad much more tailored to his method of coaching...

Edited by cadete