Melbourne Football

Kings of Melbourne

FB.

well said.

Melbourne is red and white.

being greedy, but couldve (probably shouldve) been 5 - 1.

Agreed.

Keep in mind I haven't watched a replay yet, but I really don't think the result reflected the match.

Mac-Allister and Williams had a lot of shots which they should put away. We were easily the better side out there tonight.

Even in the drawn matches we've had with MV we've outplayed them. It's really only been the 2nd derby where we've ever lowered our colours.

Edited by FB.

Agreed.

Keep in mind I haven't watched a replay yet, but I really don't think the result reflected the match.

Mac-Allister and Williams had a lot of shots which they should put away. We were easily the better side out there tonight.

Even in the drawn matches we've had with MV we've outplayed them. It's really only been the 2nd derby where we've ever lowered our colours.

dont forget Fred's scuffed shot right before he got injured that was fumbled away on the goal line.

couldve been a lot worse.... Flores' shot goes in (the one that hit the cross bar) and Archie stops beating his wife and hits his shot form 5 yards out in the 90th minute and we wouldve all had a shit night.

My Victory mates are burning!!!

This is fucken beautiful!!! I don't wanna watch shitney vs fagington I wanna watch the fucken replay!!!!

Lads last night was unbelievable!!

As a supporter base last night was a big step! The away side made more noise!!!

Get pumped for next week!!!

My Victory mates are burning!!!

This is fucken beautiful!!! I don't wanna watch shitney vs fagington I wanna watch the fucken replay!!!!

Lads last night was unbelievable!!

As a supporter base last night was a big step! The away side made more noise!!!

Get pumped for next week!!!

For me (in order):

- Championship,

- Premiership,

- Finals series matches,

- Regular season 'Home' games,

- Regular season 'Away' games,

- ACL matches,

- NYL matches,

- Pre-season matches,

- Intra-club matches,

- Training,

- Press conferences,

- Derbies.

What about a derby grand final?

For me (in order):

- Championship,

- Premiership,

- Finals series matches,

- Regular season 'Home' games,

- Regular season 'Away' games,

- ACL matches,

- NYL matches,

- Pre-season matches,

- Intra-club matches,

- Training,

- Press conferences,

- Derbies.

They only give out 1 a year mate. Winning derbies is obviously the next best thing to winning the league ? Agree?

And there are multiple years. So, once again, whilst winning the derby is great, the Heart need to carry it on (great first step though). It's sort of like Freo (not that the Heart are anything like those perennial underachievers) hanging it on the Eagles for a H & A win when the Eagles have a trophy cabinet, albeit small. I love small victories but I want to win the war.

I don't no why there's both. To me sokkah doesn't need finals.

I have said this before. Football needs finals in this country because we don't have relegation.

Without finals, teams stuck in the bottom half of the ladder have nothing to play for come the mid way point of the season. Finals provides incentives and keeps the league competitive.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

And there are multiple years. So, once again, whilst winning the derby is great, the Heart need to carry it on (great first step though). It's sort of like Freo (not that the Heart are anything like those perennial underachievers) hanging it on the Eagles for a H & A win when the Eagles have a trophy cabinet, albeit small. I love small victories but I want to win the war.

Solid point, Shit Example - WCE the MV of the AFL.

Dont want to steer this thread off topic but just quickly:

a side who had two Flags handed to them through Massive Draft Concessions

Agree

and another by Performance Enhancing Drugs

Completely disagree.

Anyway, I think this is a huge danger game for us tbh. Coming off the high of a derby and playing some decent football, I might expect to see some complacency in the squad.

Can anybody tell me how many subs were used the other night and who they were. Just want to know the likely bench options for this match and how they should be used.

A way that does not paint a side who had two Flags handed to them through Massive Draft Concessions and another by Performance Enhancing Drugs - Not in a positive light.

Not all analogies need create mirrored comparison (and I don't feel uncomfortable casting the Victory as the Eagles). Would you be happier with Suns v Lions? Either way, as a supporter of a very good AFL team I don't like the Heart being in a Suns/Dockers/what-have-you position. And I don't think that will be the case for long.