Melbourne Football

Andreas Govas

Peter

The way that article is written it almost seems as if we had no real interest in signing Govas or Konyit in the first place. Jacob Poscoleiro has resumed his trial with us - I wonder whether we have any real interest in him either? None of these players seem to really fit the 'attacking midfielder' role that we're looking for (and desperately need).

Confess I'm a bit puzzled by it all. 60 days to go and no really obvious targets for the two remaining spots.

The way that article is written it almost seems as if we had no real interest in signing Govas or Konyit in the first place. Jacob Poscoleiro has resumed his trial with us - I wonder whether we have any real interest in him either? None of these players seem to really fit the 'attacking midfielder' role that we're looking for (and desperately need).

Confess I'm a bit puzzled by it all. 60 days to go and no really obvious targets for the two remaining spots.

Konyit and Govas both have a better CV than Poscoleiro and neither were offered contracts, so what hope does Jacob have for the remainder of his trial? I'm not sure what the club is looking for as there isn't really many good young aussies around that are available and would want to come play for heart. Govas would have been a handy addition, he seemed like a very confident player who wasn't afraid to try things which is what we need in our young players.

I thought Govas might get signed, but I'm kind of happy that they're knocking back decent looking players. It means they've either got someone better in mind, or they're prepared to keep looking until they find the players they really want. At this stage, I'd rather they be meticulous than sign anyone who's available.

My point exactly. Maycon atleast provided laughs and just genuinely looked like he was playing his heart out every time he was on the pitch.

Hoffman just makes you face palm and think 'how is this guy a footballer?'

Could u pls go get our flag back then?

Maybe Govas turned down an offer?. Probably not, but just a thought

The article I read was almost blunt in its statement that neither Govas nor Konyit would be offered a contract.

Leaving us still with an absolute minimum of two signings to be made, with all our visa positions taken (except the additional Asian one that we can have).

Don't think the extra Asian spot is correct......for ACL you get 3 foreign spots plus 1 AFC spot, the idea has been discussed in the A-League but has never been acted upon to have one of the 5 foreign positons specific for an AFC player.

All A-League clubs get 5 foreign spots, however the clubs decide to use them. (Fred, Tadic, Gerhardt, Gray & Germano), plus they can use the 10 game guest stint for any player foreign or Australian.