Melbourne Football

David Vrankovic

biancorosso7

Such a waste, it's a shame he wasn't given more opportunities.

Better option than Wielaert imo.

On his 12-13 form I'd agree that this is disappointing. But anyone who watched a decent amount of NYL this season said he was lucky to be in the starting XI.

That bad...?

I didn't see much of him in the NYL, but he looked solid in Australian youth teams (e.g. the U-23s) rather recently.

Must of been a rather discouraging season for him as well. His second season at the club, the team was awful for the first half of the season and next to no personnel changes were made, and I counted at least 2 games where Kisnorbo was injured and Gerhardt was playing poorly and Vrankovic was completely overlooked. I'm not even sure he made the bench more than maybe 3 times. It doesn't excuse these alleged poor performances in the NYL, of course, but it might explain them somewhat.

Anyway he's only 20. I reckon there's a pretty good chance that he'll land on his feet and end up playing for another A-League club (he could probably be signed up to another A-League club's NYL team after the NPL season is finished).

Also, this is the 2nd senior player departure that the club hasn't reported. The club is evidently in media lockdown, for whatever reason.

Also, this is the 2nd senior player departure that the club hasn't reported. The club is evidently in media lockdown, for whatever reason.

You may be right there Murf. Unless it's my browser, the club website is no longer carrying a link to either Facebook or Twitter.

• Like 1

The Sidwell/Aloisi football devolution strikes again

I would hope that Heart conduct a review as to why 3 promising footballers (in fact at this time last year they were the most promising ones we had) in Walker, Vranks and Mitchinson all seem to have deteriorated in the last season, to the point that we have now jettisoned all of them.

The answer can't just be "John Aloisi" - the responsibility of the development of our young footballers (ie the future of our club) shouldn't be the sole responsibility of one man.  I would hope they'd look at three things:

• On the field
  • The training ground
  • Off field support (all 3 were from interstate - did we give them enough support to settle in to Melbourne and keep a professional approach?)

If we are going to be a fair dinkum title contender we need to get a lot better in our development of the next generation.

• Like 2

The Sidwell/Aloisi football devolution strikes again

I would hope that Heart conduct a review as to why 3 promising footballers (in fact at this time last year they were the most promising ones we had) in Walker, Vranks and Mitchinson all seem to have deteriorated in the last season, to the point that we have now jettisoned all of them.

The answer can't just be "John Aloisi" - the responsibility of the development of our young footballers (ie the future of our club) shouldn't be the sole responsibility of one man.  I would hope they'd look at three things:

• On the field
  • The training ground
  • Off field support (all 3 were from interstate - did we give them enough support to settle in to Melbourne and keep a professional approach?)

If we are going to be a fair dinkum title contender we need to get a lot better in our development of the next generation.

Nice post Shahanga. I've also been concerned about the lack of progress of our young players this season. Unfortunately Epping is just too far for me to make a trip to see the NYL side, so I can't say how well they've played, but I have felt that we've persisted for far too long with certain players in the seniors and haven't given some of the youngsters a chance. I have felt this with both JA and JvS, so I agree it's unfair to blame JA alone.Joe Palatsides is on record as praising his young charges pretty highly, so what happened?

There was much talk at one stage of both squads training together. Did this continue this season, or was it abandoned?

Of course, the club has been consistent over four years of giving us pretty much bugger all information about our youngsters. I think we are the only club not to list them on our (by now notoriously crappy) club website. Perhaps the latter reflects what we really think of them after all. I sincerely hope not.

I've been to training a few times last season and they weren't cutting it. Their first touch, decision making under pressure and positioning wasn't up to scratch...

Don't doubt it (based on what I saw of all 3 in the NYL team I could see why they weren't in the firsts), but why would that be?

They clearly had talent the year before.

A well run club would try to figure out what happened so that in 12 months time we aren't having the same conversation about Garruccio, Mauk and Archibald.

• Like 2

Heart for the past couple of seasons has been a dogs breakfast. Hopefully this will now change.

If I read that twitter post correctly Vrankovic is heading back to NSW for the remainder of their Premier League season. If this is right, then he can return and hopefully regain some form. He looked good last season and I was disappointed that he (and others) didn't come on more this year.

Now I'm not doubting that our management of youngsters hasn't been the best, is it possible the club realised these lads weren't going to progress at the rate of benny G and Mauk? Surely if they were such talents other a-league clubs would be frothing over the chance to pick them up? (Especially Brisbane but even West Sydney have been known to get other clubs' scraps and then turn them into quality players)

Heart for the past couple of seasons has been a dogs breakfast. Hopefully this will now change.

If I read that twitter post correctly Vrankovic is heading back to NSW for the remainder of their Premier League season. If this is right, then he can return and hopefully regain some form. He looked good last season and I was disappointed that he (and others) didn't come on more this year.

In previous seasons the youngsters have gone out on loan to vpl teams. No reason why he wouldnt be able to be with us next season