Melbourne Football

Vincenzo Grella

LR9

I'm guessing this is the 'bigger than ADP' signing Lou Sticca promised lol

You can't be not happy with this signing, fantastic. Wonder if Garcia moves to the left wing now or stays in DM, I've liked him in DM and Williams looks like his ready for a good season on LW so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Should play 3-4-3 now with two holding mids

Patty G is obviously not a CB, but he would make a better RDM covering/over lapping with Marrone as would Thomo with Behich.

I would have liked us to trial something like this in Pre-season:

Bolton/Redders

Marrone ----- Colosimo/Gray ----- Behich

Grealla/Gerhardt - Thomo/Grella

Mate ---- Fred/Germano - Garcia/Thomo ---- Willo/Garcia

DMac/Tadic

Pls post all interviews with Vince Grella ITT, they will surely be lulzy as I'm pretty sure the bloke has an extra chromosome.

Some people are extremely lucky that they were gifted with footballing ability.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Pls post all interviews with Vince Grella ITT, they will surely be lulzy as I'm pretty sure the bloke has an extra chromosome.

Potentially the most exciting thing about this signing - more Grella interviews.

Edited by Che

wow, was not expecting this. great news! Adds some steel in our midfield and means Gerhardt will be a regular CB. Grella will no doubt improve our passing game, and help dictate play. Our defence and midfield look stronger than ever, we just need to be more clinical up front and we should have a very good season.

Hopefully Tadic starts firing soon, and we need the likes of Mebrahtu, Williams, Dugandzic, and Germano to lift and start putting away some chances up front.

Just got an e-mail from Pim, he said we should shift Garcia to CF. :D

Could work tbh. I was thinking CF is pretty much our only spot now that lacks quality/depth. Easily our best squad we have had.

When Germano is back it could be:

Bolton

Marrone-Gerhardt-Colosimo-Behich

Garcia/Thompson-Grella/Thompson

Williams-Fred-Duganzic

D-Mac/Tadic

So when Germano is back, he won't be in the team? We can probably do that before he is back too.

I thought upon Gerhardt's, Garcia's, and Grella's legs did march one Wayne Srhoj

He used to play in italy grella, grella

He fucking hates the victory grella, grella

Born and bred in dandenong he's tough as nails and loves a bong

Vinnie Grella Melbourne Heart superstar

lol (Y)

Fantastic signing.

John Didulica deserves some praise. The mastermind behind this squad.

Grella & Garcia are probably two of the best Aussie signings any club has made this off season. To land them both is incredible & a testament to the culture of this club.

There was massive discontent surrounding these boards over the off season at the lack of signings, John Didulica weathered the storm, bide his time and has managed to create a side that is stronger then what we had last season (IMO). Leaving a few spots open in the squad was master stroke on his behalf.

We can go very far this season. Huge potential in this squad. Finals at a minimum, top 2 finish should be the aim. We have the personnel and quality really just comes down to Aloisi and how much he can get from the squad.

This could very well be our season.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

Could work tbh. I was thinking CF is pretty much our only spot now that lacks quality/depth. Easily our best squad we have had.

So when Germano is back, he won't be in the team? We can probably do that before he is back too.

lol (Y)

Isn't Fred our CF/AM?