Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4I0ZyWRcw&feature=related

Would this guy be beneficial? Rumours about him are always around, I think he is a finisher and could be someone we could benefit greatly from. Whether he is the right fit is another thing. Is only 28 years of age. Born in Sydney too so would he count as an Aussie? Scored an Impressive 41 goals from 78 games for River Plate from 2001 to 2007.

Maycon- obviously has to go, no doubt about that

Worm- can offer us something when on song but too often just completely drifts out of games. We also have young options out wide.

Terra- I actually think he offers us something different. If he is happy to sign a modest contract than I would be happy with him staying.

Why should Terra stay? I mean, just on his performances whilst when he scores they are special, for mine he it is to infrequent and to be honest he is quite lazy. I think with import spots we need players that can come in and at least be consistent and provide leadership. I would not lose any sleep to see him go.

Knowing what we need, we are better served going out and getting players more in need. That's just my opinion anyway.

Random hypothetical thinking here.

What would you guys think of Landon Donovan on loan next year? Sure we'd only have him for a couple months but he'd be a very handy attacking midfielder who would fairly consistently score goals. Everton basically got him as a freebie this season and would hopefully not cost us a whole lot either. Has clauses in his contracts for loan arrangements and mentioned he's consider an A-league move following the match against the Visitors so could be possible.

WE NEED TO:

Sign someone similar to Madaschi. Ogneovski please.

SIgn an attacking minded playmaker, using Fred as a box-to-box instead of both.

Sign a striker that scores week in week out, a natural finisher.

And then of course depending if players don't sign a contract & move on, sign replacements (Marrone?)

WE NEED TO:

Sign someone similar to Madaschi. Ogneovski please.

SIgn an attacking minded playmaker, using Fred as a box-to-box instead of both.

Sign a striker that scores week in week out, a natural finisher.

And then of course depending if players don't sign a contract & move on, sign replacements (Marrone?)

Pretty much consensus on this I would say. Also, ALL those whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season should be critically reviewed in terms of their performance against what the club believed were their capabilities when they were signed. And there should be no fear or favour in this process. Those who are assessed as not measuring up should be released. Our new coach then should match our style of play to the capabilities of the new squad, not try and shoehorn players into a predetermined mould. I'd much prefer us to go into next season with the minimum sized squad of 21, leaving us some room to move during the season. And try to get a decent guest player for 10 games to spark the place up a bit.

I would suggest that in Jeremy Walker we have our future RB.

Edited by jw1739

Jeremy Walker would make a good future right back. Very attacking minded player and runs his guts out. Hopefully he can get a run before the season ends. If Marrone goes back to Italy J. Walker would be one to look at as a squad player as he could play right back or wing.

http://m.442.com.au/News/Article.aspx?CIID=290020

David Carney has terminated his one-year contract with AD Alcorcon in Spain's second division after failing to hold down a regular spot in the team.

According to the report, Carney is in the market for a new club, with Dubai and China said to be frontrunners. A return to the A-League, however, wouldn't be out of the question.

----

Out Worm, In Carney. Do it.

Would eat an enormous amount of our salary cap and funds, is he a vital player, or a player I would say would be part of the spine?

In replacing Rutger, we can get his output or even upgrade him with local Australian talent on the cheap.

Where we need to invest is in the core areas. A Defender with Experience and Leadership is vital. A Striker who can consistently find the back of the net or a Midfielder that can control the tempo of the game. Those three area's are where we need to heavily invest our funds, the rest can be got by the scouting local network we have. I mean for wingers we have enough talent already in our ranks for next season. Behich, Dugandzic, Zahra, Goodwin, Marrone and a few youth upgrades. No need to spend the majority on our funds for those positions.

Hence why I say getting rid of blokes like Worm and Terra would be no real concern to me as they don;t contribute enough for taking up the position they do on our squad.

With the likes of JVS going, releasing Worm, Terra, Maycon, if we play it smart and invest the funds correctly, we can make a big impact next season.

• Like 1

http://m.442.com.au/...spx?CIID=290020

David Carney has terminated his one-year contract with AD Alcorcon in Spain's second division after failing to hold down a regular spot in the team.

According to the report, Carney is in the market for a new club, with Dubai and China said to be frontrunners. A return to the A-League, however, wouldn't be out of the question.

----

Out Worm, In Carney. Do it.

David Carney has signed for FC Bunyodkor in Uzbekistan. Just been posted by his agent on Twitter.

With Cold Toast on the brink of extinction, what players would you like to poach from the squad? James Brown is off to Newcastle, so he's out of the equation.

The only players in their team who will get another crack at the A-League are:

- Ben Halloran

- Michael Thwaite

- Peter Junschlager (if he stays in Aus)

- Glen Moss

- Adama Traore

And out of those, I'd love to have Ben Halloran, Michael Thwaite and Peter Junschlager. If we had these 3 players in our squad now, we'd be in the top 2.

And yes I do know Thwaitey use to play for the Mongs, but he was one of the first at Victory to be frozen out without getting a fair go when they where under Merrick, like so many talented players after him (think Milicevic, Behich, and Dugandzic).

Also: if we're looking to sign a reserve striker for next season, is Richie Cardozo still wasting away mountains of talent in the VPL? He is a straight up GOAL machine.

If he's out of the equation, Trent Rixon and Jean Charles Dubois should suffice.

From what I have heard, reading between the lines, it looks like Milicic is the guy for the club want to replace JVS.

I do not know how I feel about that to be perfectly honest.

With that though comes a transition made easy. I would suspect and hope the football department already is working on the next season and in that, targets been identified and approached.

with gold coast in a mess, it's obvious that GC players would be looking for contracts elsewhere. There are 2 players from the gold coast team that i see as players who we should be targeting.

first player that would be extremely handy for us would be Thwaite. We need another expereienced CB, and thwaite definitely looks like the type of player that would do well with us.

Second player that has caught my eye lately is Golgol Mebrahtu. Seems to be getting better with every game he plays, and i was impressed with his performance against us on friday. With Worm and Terra looking likely to leave at the end of the season, and with Ibrahim not really progressing as expected, we could do with another winger. He's very quick, comfortable on the ball, nice skills, good at set-pieces, you can tell he's very confident in how he plays and always looking to try and create things. The fact that he is also fairly tall is a positive because we have a lot of shorter players and we need to get some bigger bodies in the squad. There's no doubt he needs some work in the final third when it comes to finishing, and needs a bit of compsure, but with a good pre-season he could really improve those areas of his game. Only 21 years old.