Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

A gaffer from a Malaysian side was watching Maycon today. Everyone get around Maycon so he plays well, gets signed for a bit of cash and heads to Malaysia. You know it makes sense.

Apparently he didn't make a very good account of himself. Not much we can do when he produces shite every week.

I'd prefer Terra to Worm. He's been injury prone, but now that he's fit and playing 90 minutes, you can see the difference he makes.

I would guess that the situation wrt Rutger Worm is about 50:50 as well. Problem with releasing players at the end of their contracts is that you have to sign replacements to make the squad minimum. If you don't get the process right you can end up with a few duds just because you have to make up the numbers.

Nevertheless, I do think we will release several on the current list. Perhaps this time around we could leave 1-2 spots unfilled to give us some further flexibility later on.

It's good now we are in a position to drop a few players at the end of the season that have barely played and upgrade the squad with some more depth, apart from the obvious lack of defenders I really think we need someone on the wings that can put in a decent ball...maybe also a strike partner for Babalj, I'm pretty sure once Brescianos contract is up in UAE we will sign him as marque.

The other way of looking at this is to list the players who we know are contracted for next season, and then decide what type of player, and maybe who, we would like to see added. According to my information the 12 players already contracted are:

Goalkeeper:

Andrew Redmayne.

Defenders:

Brendan Hamill, Curtis Good, Aziz Behich

Midfielders:

Jason Hoffman, Nick Kalmar, Jonaton Germano, Fred.

Forwards:

Adrian Zahra, Mate Dugandzic, Eli Babalj, David Williams.

I agree with Huzie on wingers and getting someone to play off Babalj in the centre. Sort of a 4-2-4. More of a return to last season's emphasis on width. Couldn't help noticing Brisbane's width this weekend - both in the seniors and their NYL team. Their NYL team ran us into the ground on Sunday and at the end it was just a question of 'How many?'

We can re-sign existing players, get in new blood, and promote from the NYL squad. What would your choice(s) be?

• Like 1

Been hearing that Troisi is coming back to Australia, would love to have him on the left! Linked with jets though. Hope we promote a few NYL players (Patterson & Walker) hope Shroj plays on 1 more year (even though his my least favorite player) need to drop Taseski, maycon, roganovic and maybe Ibrahim (havnt seen that much of him though) and with Marrone & Duganzic destined to leave we have a fair few places to fill! I love the way Barcelona promote alot of youth and play players that have been through their youth system, if we do the same all the best local talent will come to us instead of the visitors.

Taseski has dem strong footballing genetics due to his ancestry and with a run in the first team will no doubt be the hero the Australian National team has been looking for to lead them to world cup glory. On a cost benefit ratio analysis, it would definitely be beneficial to give him a run in the first team as the transfer fee we will get from Barcelona when they come to sign him will surely be sizeable.

I was speaking to a mate of mine and he was telling me that a month or two ago at the Melbourne Heart cocktail party he was having a chat with JVS and apparently he is really keen on bringing down a Greek International player. Apparently the club were going to sign Angelos Charisteas during the off season but the Greece Football Federation told him if he wants a spot in the Euro 2012 finals, he needs to stay in Europe. My predictions are we will sign him in the off season after the Euro is finished

or Maceo Rigters...

Are you serious, he is crap. So will we circulate him around the league until he gets what he needs which obviously is a place dumb enough to pay him to play and can we throw in a citzenship, sure we can! Now how much money can we scrape up in the league. Enough to throw a party for us. Sure! There we go. Oh shit now we are stuck......Does Ange have a son that can play, oh good well hes Anges son he must be able to play.......Sign him up...talk him up...........it'll be sweet...........