Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Not saying he would - just saying hes a good keeper, and around the age we should be looking as a replacement for bolton. Mind you - Bolton has a few years left in him - not uncommon for keepers to keep going into their 40's.

That can be true of many keepers, but in interviews, Bolton sounds like he's close to the end. He struggles to recover from matches because of the wear and tear to his body over the years and seems to spend most of training in ice baths. It sounds to me like this is his last harrah and he'll be spending next year fishing and drinking beer.

• Like 1

It will hurt, but honestly, if Maycon is not released at the end of this season (or, preferably, comes to a mutual understanding with the club and leaves asap) I will have to review my membership for next season...

Edited by jw1739

Maycon will probably be important if/when Babalj is off on Olyroo duties. Was on for 10 minutes today, and hit the post with a header and was brought down when taking on a defender. Otherwise had little to do because we continually turned the ball over in the midfield. Hasn't shown enough but I didn't see him do anything wrong today. His 10 minutes had absolutely nothing to do with why we lost. I don't expect him to be around next year either, but maybe hold off on the hysteria. Cancelling memberships FFS.

Maycon does his job for us.

Goals is the only thing he is missing...

Plays his role in the team whenever he is there, and (generally) works pretty hard.

JvS signed him, intending to work with him and keep him for two years, and Scott Munn reiterated this after he was signed.

Most overseas players perform better in their second year in the A-League anyway.

Edited by Ellki

It will hurt, but honestly, if Maycon is not released at the end of this season I will have to review my membership for next season...

This may be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. If you're a supporter of the club, you'll get a membership. Would you stop supporting the team if JVS left? You support your club through thick and thin, good times and bad, whether we sign players who are duds or Mate Dugandzic's.

• Like 1

Would have to do due diligence on any of those overseas players. Probably more off-season type signings than January.

Maycon has been terrible, no arguments there.

Sarkies seems to be up for 'trade', I don't think he fits into JVS system, he likes mobile players who can go end to end in midfield.

Latest article says we're concentrating on getting Colosimo, Germano, Shroj back as it's hard to find players. That was my opinion, you aren't going to replace Fred and Germano/Shroj with match fitness will be better suited than a Wehrman or Reid.

I would love to see a few fellow Frenchmen in the league, not just at Heart but at other teams aswell.

The club should really look at signing Jean-Charles Dubois. He is the French visa playmaker from Melbourne Knights and looks to be a real diamond in the rough in the VPL. I know the club trialled him in a few post season games last year but didn't sign him. He could really add some spark to our team, which we're in dire need to.

I'm on my phone, so I can't post his highlights vid but search around on YouTube and you'll find it. If someone else could post it here, it'd be much appreciated.

Edited by marteaux

J.V.S has approached former Greek International & Euro 2004 Cup Winner Angelos Basinas for a 1 Year deal.

Presumably for next season? We could offer him a 10-week guest player spot now, and/or a contract for next year. That would mean a visa player would be released at the end of this season. All of Terra, Maycon and Worm come to the end of their contracts this season.

I had a chat to J.V.S at the "Ace of Hearts" pre-Christmas party last year, these are J.V.S words he told this to me. He said that he approached him personally & he believes that this signing will encourage the Greek Community to come see a quality player with EPL experience & played in Euro Final. He reckons that this will bring some much needed experience for the rest of season etc Finals.

• Like 1

Nick, you also said JvS told you personally told you that Madaschi would sign personally, amongst other things that turned out to be false.

Just because you pissed $1000 up the wall becoming a Ace Of Hearts member doesn't mean everyone will swallow the bullshit you try and feed us, whether it's on a Facebook page or the forums. Not having a crack at you mate, but I've no time for baseless rumours.

I'll believe it when I see it.

And does anyone think the signing of this guy who is obviously past his prime will attract a significant portion of Melbourne's greek community to games? I thought they all supported Victory (Lol).

• Like 1

It will hurt, but honestly, if Maycon is not released at the end of this season (or, preferably, comes to a mutual understanding with the club and leaves asap) I will have to review my membership for next season...

I cannot believe anyone actually took this seriously...

Maycon was first scouted when JvS went to Brazil and was signed about a year later.

I find it funny how he was spruiked as a complete goal machine number 9, and he's just been so disappointing.

We NEED to sign a playmaker, central midfielder and centreback if we're

taking our title win aspirations seriously.

EDIT: I saw that article after I clicked post. Yep, that's good news - but there's not many uncontracted Aussie players who can give half as much as Fred does. Do they have to be uncontracted, or can we snare a player from another team?

I wish we'd signed Mitch Nichols whilst he was out of favour at the Roar.

possible. hes good mates with most of our young guns. ie: hoffman, duga, hamill etc.

I would love to see a few fellow Frenchmen in the league, not just at Heart but at other teams aswell.

The club should really look at signing Jean-Charles Dubois. He is the French visa playmaker from Melbourne Knights and looks to be a real diamond in the rough in the VPL. I know the club trialled him in a few post season games last year but didn't sign him. He could really add some spark to our team, which we're in dire need to.

I'm on my phone, so I can't post his highlights vid but search around on YouTube and you'll find it. If someone else could post it here, it'd be much appreciated.

THIS. YES. THIS.