Melbourne Football

Active Support Meeting | Monday the 23rd of June at 7:30PM | The Imperial Hotel

Jimmy

The thing is, I just listed all the things that haven't changed so I'm not sure what you're on about KoH!

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

I think Celine Dion put it best, "My heart will go ooon aaand oooooon"!

For starters the first thing i've highlighted is a change you just said, only wearing red and white from home is a change. How are we still 'the heart?' It's nothing more than a nickname and it'll die eventually because we are now Melbourne city. Then you go onto to say how the supporters are the same except for the small fact yarraside is no more so how have you only listed things that haven't changed when all you have done is list things that have?

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

I don't understand how people can list all the things that have changed and still say its the same club.

I don't understand how anyone can say we're not the same club. If I buy a house, sure the house has a different owner. And sure I might add a fucking jacoozi and nice under cover decking great for al fresco dining. But it's still the same fucking house.

Fair enough well going by your logic this:

dining_before_190rd5g-190rdto.jpg?x=450&

and this:

dining_2_after_190rd5g-190rdtr.jpg?x=450

are exactly the same just because its in the same room :up:

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

I don't understand how people can list all the things that have changed and still say its the same club.

I don't understand how anyone can say we're not the same club. If I buy a horse, sure the horse has a different owner. And sure I might add a fucking jacoozi and nice under cover decking great for al fresco dining. But it's still the same fucking house.

much better

I don't understand how anyone can say we're not the same club. If I buy a horse, sure the horse has a different owner. And sure I might add a fucking jacoozi and nice under cover decking great for al fresco dining. But it's still the same fucking house.

much better

Wish I had a horse with a Jacuzzi and under cover decking.

• Like 2

The thing is, I just listed all the things that haven't changed so I'm not sure what you're on about KoH!

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

For starters the first thing i've highlighted is a change you just said, only wearing red and white from home is a change. How are we still 'the heart?' It's nothing more than a nickname and it'll die eventually because we are now Melbourne city. Then you go onto to say how the supporters are the same except for the small fact yarraside is no more so how have you only listed things that haven't changed when all you have done is list things that have?

I don't understand how anyone can say we're not the same club. If I buy a house, sure the house has a different owner. And sure I might add a fucking jacoozi and nice under cover decking great for al fresco dining. But it's still the same fucking house.

and this:

It's not exactly the same club, that's a straw man to say people think this. But it isn't a new club either. No need to be so black and white about the issue.

Cant make it but heres my two cents worth .....

Numbers pending split the active supporter group in two and have one on each end of the ground. No doubt both ends will quickly grow!!  

No point in thinking about that until south end is overflowing.

• Like 1

and this:

You guys are bitching cause you wanna sit in that old room?

• Like 1

Yarraside end was pretty much packed

No it wasnt

Was about to say this. The last couple of games of last season yarraside was the most empty i have ever seen it and people suddenly want to have another active end?

Lets make sure that the original active area is healthy enough before you think about expanding.

Edited by kingofhearts

No it wasnt

Was about to say this. The last couple of games of last season yarraside was the most empty i have ever seen it and people suddenly want to have a south end?

Lets make sure that the original active area is healthy enough before you think about expanding. Yarraside is in the south end

No it wasnt Was about to say this. The last couple of games of last season yarraside was the most empty i have ever seen it and people suddenly want to have a south end?

Lets make sure that the original active area is healthy enough before you think about expanding. Yarraside is in the south end

rofl don't know what your talking about, i never said south end  :ph34r:

• Like 1

If anyone was at the CCM game they would know that another active area is extremely unrealistic. Keep it to 1 and maybe look at 2 in 4-5 years time. 

end of last season, yarraside was pretty bare, not to mention we do have 3 bays allocated for active support and not just bay 16 as some people thought. there is a lot of room for growth in one end before there should even be mention of the another end. 

No it wasnt Was about to say this. The last couple of games of last season yarraside was the most empty i have ever seen it and people suddenly want to have a south end?

Yeah i changed the original post and did the  :ph34r: symbol to make it look like i didn't. Poor joke on my part

No it wasnt

I agreee that it wasn't packed at either end last season... but that was last year, and be honest least year we were a basket case club drowning in mediocrity. Don't underestimate the potential for growth that the rebranding provides. Not to mention the boost we will get from our inevitable onfield  success.

Edited by Freeze Time

Can something be said to the club as to extend the active bay backwards instead of the three bays across it is now?

This....

Its only human nature that people will be more inclinded to conform into the bay centrally than feeling lonely on the outer..

If you want growth making 1 bay and extending it backwards is the only way it will happen, the bays next to it is useless atm until we fill the main bay all the way to the back

• Like 1

Can something be said to the club as to extend the active bay backwards instead of the three bays across it is now?

This....

Its only human nature that people will be more inclinded to conform into the bay centrally than feeling lonely on the outer..

If you want growth making 1 bay and extending it backwards is the only way it will happen, the bays next to it is useless atm until we fill the main bay all the way to the back

We petitioned the club to get this happening for 4 years. Good luck :up:

• Like 1