Melbourne Football

New Active Support Group Discussion

Embee

Can everyone please forget things such as names and chants for the time being. That sort of thing can be discussed once a new leadership group has been established and the group has in place what it's about etc.

At the moment king of hearts and I are discussing possible venues for us all to have a structured meeting where we can all meet and really talk about what we need to do to get something going.

Anyone have any ideas on a possible venue?

Well done. Lol I was passing myself at name suggestion and chants when there is nothing established.

How about the Imperial? Ask Steve for the top room for a meeting.

• Like 1

Can everyone please forget things such as names and chants for the time being. That sort of thing can be discussed once a new leadership group has been established and the group has in place what it's about etc.

At the moment king of hearts and I are discussing possible venues for us all to have a structured meeting where we can all meet and really talk about what we need to do to get something going.

Wrong King haha

Well done. Lol I was passing myself at name suggestion and chants when there is nothing established.

How about the Imperial? Ask Steve for the top room for a meeting.

Had a look at the Imperial, they charge quite a bit for their function rooms

• Like 1

So should we brainstorm some Group names and see which one sticks?

- CitySide - Paying homage to Yarra'side', yet focusing on the future as Melbourne 'City'.

- Kings of Heart - Paying homage to our original club name. Perhaps a women's group can also be created and called "Queens of Heart"?

- Beached As - since we have a whale on our logo...

- River Crew

- Melburnians

- Bay 17

Edit: You can go all Fitzroy hipster and call it...

- "Melbourne City Active Supporters Group"! Lol

Hey theirs only one king of hearts ;)

But as said on here many times lets focus on trying to find volounteers before we worry about our name lol.

Happy to donate some money and even some time if needed be to help this kick along if needed.

I rang the imperial and was told there is a minimum $1500 spend to use one of their function rooms.

Kidding?

For a midweek meeting? Your not hosting a function just need the space for a meeting.

I've been out of the loop but don't Imperial sponsor RWU anymore and before and after games for our fans?

I'm sure everyone is, but just make sure that you're in this for the right reasons.

I mean, everyone could've been just as involved with YS. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope people don't want to take part of this for an ego trip or for the power. Anywayyy...

I'd like to help out, I'm just time-poor. Keep me updated, I'll try and find a venue tomorrow.

• Like 1

Bummer, I was keen to get into some Yarraside when I get back from abroad. It saddens me that the Yarraside Core that so faithfully endured during the dark times won't be continuing in the same capacity now that the sun is beginning to rise again, but I respect your reasons. It's been an absolute pleasure seeing and hearing the passion created for the past glorious years. Good luck in the future.

• Like 1

We are attracting so much shit due to obviously VERY close links with Manchester city.

Do we want the new group to be called the citizens???

No fkn way

As a City fan I completely agree with you!

It's a Melbourne team and the nickname should be something that emphasises your connection to your city.

• Like 1

Okay here I Go.

1. Why should a few people in the YS core have any say in anything as they have now decided to piss off. Keep tradition going keep the name just run it differently.It wont look stupid to others when they say who the fuck are these new cunts? (Still Ill join what ever group I love this club)

2. I just want to share my bitter dissapointment with the YS core for basically abandoning there brothers. (This will turn political becouse city will be a successful club and you'll all come back running)

3. Please improve the chants keep some scrap some.

4. Can we please just do the poznan now at some point.

We've found an inner city venue. Will lock in a date and time soon. When is the best time for people? We're looking at Monday or Tuesday next week.

Monday is out for me. Got not one to look after the little  one as the misses does a night shift on mondays