Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

There would be no chance anyone from WSW would leave. Why would you? Unless its some fringe player and JA cant get anyone to preform, he would probably even be able to train black caviar to come last in a race against against a bunch of donkeys

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

There would be no chance anyone from WSW would leave. Why would you? Unless its some fringe player and JA cant get anyone to preform, he would probably even be able to train black caviar to come last in a race against against a bunch of donkeys

AFAIK, there was quite a few wsw players who were signed for 60k on 1 year deals. Someone like shannon cole was one of those players, and i think if we offered him 75k for example and told him he's seen as a starting 11 player in our squad then it wouldn't surprise me if he would come play for us.

Personally i think he is what we need as a left back because i don't think mitchinson is up to it at all. Cole gets forward a fair bit, will turn 29 just before the start of next season so he's at a good age without being too old which will provide us with the experience needed, and can also take good set pieces which we desperately need in our team.

always thought he was a very handy player

Edited by heart_fan10

Why would he leave the Premiers for only an extra $25k? I know it's a 33% rise in his salary, but he'll get that for winning the Premiership and for playing the finals. If you want a player in his situation you'd have to offer him around $125,000 I reckon because his stocks have definitely risen.

In the end, why would a player go from a team with a great coach, good style and a winning formula to a team with a shit coach, no direction on or off the pitch and is destined for the wooden spoon next season?

Why would he leave the Premiers for only an extra $25k? I know it's a 33% rise in his salary, but he'll get that for winning the Premiership and for playing the finals. If you want a player in his situation you'd have to offer him around $125,000 I reckon because his stocks have definitely risen.

In the end, why would a player go from a team with a great coach, good style and a winning formula to a team with a shit coach, no direction on or off the pitch and is destined for the wooden spoon next season?

The feeling of dejection being expressed on this forum is understandable given the nature of this season.

I hope as Natalie182 has expressed on a thread that the club issues an apology to supporters (although I don't think they will in line with the silly current business practice of not admitting to mistakes) and as JW1739 has said to be pro-active in outlining the plan for the future - and to do it now.

Alas, I fear that Heart HQ are so far removed from supporters that things will carry on as they have.

• Like 1

I'm a huge supporter of the club signing and playing Victorian talent, we only have three Victorians - Duga, Shime and Kalmar - and would love to see more. So I've posted a list of all Victorian players around the league along with their clubs and ages. Perhaps we could grab a couple over the off-season?

Manny Muscat - Wellington - 28

Vince Lia - Wellington - 28

Eugene Galekovic - Adelaide - 31

Cameron Watson - Adelaide - 25

Jake Barker-Daish - Adelaide - 19

George Lambadaridis - Brisbane - 20

Massimo Murdocca - Brisbane - 28

Ivan Franjic - Brisbane - 25

Michael Theo - Brisbane - 32

Matthew Foschini -Victory - 22

Leigh Broxham - Victory - 25

Jimmy Jeggo - Victory - 21

Theo Markelis - Victory - 20

Billy Celeski - Victory - 27

Diogo Ferreira - Victory - 23

Spase Dilevski - Victory - 27

Francesco Stella - Victory - 21

Nicolas Ansell - Victory - 19

Connor Pain - Victory - 19

Christopher Cristaldo - Victory - 18

Andrew Nabbout - Victory - 20

Luke O'Dea - Victory - 19

Steve Pantelidis - Perth - 29

Adrian Zahra - Perth - 22

Players I wouldn't mind seeing in Heart shirts; Zahra, Pain, Jeggo, Franjic, Murdocca, Galekovic and Barker-Daish.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

I think Redders has earnt his place this season. He's shown he has the quality and will hopefully stick around for a while yet.

Eugene deserves a move abroad more than any player in A-League history, the guy has been consistantly the best keeper in the league since.

Would love galekovic ! Amazing signing that would be.

I would like to see him as he is an old Falcons boy (perhaps with Scott McDonald up the other end? There is another Falcons old boy playing in Melbourne but I don't think he would look the part in red and white. I believe John Huchinson is the only other ex-Falcons player still playing at a high level).

No to Eugene. Redders has finally broken through as a number one, let's keep him there. He has completed his apprenticeship.

Have to agree with this though, Redders has done little wrong and looks the goods as a first choice keeper. He has waited his turn and deserves his chance.

He will need strong competition though.

Edited by Peter

Labinot Haliti hasn't been resigned by the Wanderers as yet. Has scored some crucial goals for us, clinical finisher and is hungry for regular 1st team football.

Couldn't think of a shitter signing for us..

Phillip Neville?

And couldn't think of a shitter marquee..

Edited by fiz.heart
  • Like 3

Plausible 2013-14 XI that would win us the league:

Galekovic

Walker - Madaschi - van den Brink - Ramsay

Gerhardt - Germano

Bresciano

Dugandzic - Raul - Williams

would win us the title by halfway through the year. 

but from what i have seen, Galekovic is a kent.

whats the deal with Josh Groenwald? captain of our youth team, talented player.. you'd think he would be on of the first youth team players to be promoted to the senior team and given a go. I think he's got a lot of potential and is a very versatile player

Instead we've got macallister and hoffman taking up spots on the roster :droy:

• Like 2