Melbourne Football

Round 13 - Wellington v MelbourneHFC - Thurs, Dec 27, 5.30pm

Caddy

90 minutes of my life I will never get back. The only 2 things I enjoyed the whole time were:

-Gologols free kick

-When the dirty kiwi girl had her rack out and got caught on camera and the commentator pulled out the one liner

Otherwise I feel sick. It's now confirmed Gray is a spud and so is Aloisi

• Like 2

Fuck New Zealand, horrendous commentary.

Fuck Shaun Evans.

Fuck everything. I still don't have a clue why Behich and Garcia couldn't have been put on the bench/ why Germano didn't start / why Fred played 90 minutes. What the hell is wrong with this club?And why are all the players out of steam by the 70th minute?

Edited by Che

2,000 attendance on New Years Day. So shattered, really upset, 2-0 up and we go down. JA must take a good hard look at himself and the players must do the same.

Have to win these next two games at home now, otherwise finals are gone

There is no point harping on about ' the next such and such games are must win blah blah' this team was never in finals contention, us fans are just being cock teased, the team was destined for failure this season from the get go unfortunately.

90 minutes of my life I will never get back. The only 2 things I enjoyed the whole time were:

-Gologols free kick

-When the dirty kiwi girl had her rack out and got caught on camera and the commentator pulled out the one liner

Otherwise I feel sick. It's now confirmed Gray is a spud and so is Aloisi

roff! that was gold

Just had a look at the stats, and what alarmed me was crosses 56-10, goal attempts 21-10 and corners 15-3. When you have a massive difference like that in those stats, you start to wonder how a team can allow that to happen. I hope someone sits the whole team down including Aloisi and tells them these performances are unacceptable

That was a woeful performance by the team in the second half. Parking the bus does not work for us at all and JA must go, he cant coach and if we want to have any success this season we need a new coach. Nice goal by Golgol but that was basically the only highlight of the game for us

Well we don't know if that was the coach's tactics or not. I think that it's a player group mentality issue, the further ahead they get the more anxious they become and the more stilted the performance is. We've been like that since day1 with very few exceptions. When we went up 0-2 my wife and I both said that we'd lose 3-2 or 4-2 based on previous experience when we go ahead early

Edited by belaguttman

Just had a look at the stats, and what alarmed me was crosses 56-10, goal attempts 21-10 and corners 15-3. When you have a massive difference like that in those stats, you start to wonder how a team can allow that to happen. I hope someone sits the whole team down including Aloisi and tells them these performances are unacceptable

You can't get any corners or crosses if you spend 45 of 48 minutes in your own defensive half

Edited by belaguttman

Release Gray now. Rubbish. What JD and JA saw in him is unexplainable.

WTF is happening to this club. What a disgrace.

We can't expect a good performance from him in his first game. The problem is that he's had no game time whatsoever up until today, we can't expect him to me match fit. Either play him more or let him retire. Not much sign that the Board are willing to dip into their pockets to sign any more players though so even if he retires the list may just get smaller. We'd be better just playing a youth player in CB in these situations

That was a woeful performance by the team in the second half. Parking the bus does not work for us at all and JA must go, he cant coach and if we want to have any success this season we need a new coach. Nice goal by Golgol but that was basically the only highlight of the game for us

Well we don't know if that was the coach's tactics or not. I think that it's a player group mentality issue, the further ahead they get the more anxious they become and the more stilted the performance is. We've been like that since day1 with very few exceptions. When we went up 0-2 my wife and I both said that we'd lose 3-2 or 4-2 based on previous experience when we go ahead early

My dad said that too! He said when we lead from the beginning we usually lose the game.

• Like 1

I listened to the first 70 minutes on the radio and watched the last 20+.

It appears that away from home we start the game looking to defend and hope to get a goal or two on the break. This approach has failed once again, just as it did a couple of weeks ago against CCM and when we were away to...

I have supported JA up to now but I think the least we need a "director of football" to come in as things clearly are not working.

Embarrassing second half. Panic in the team as soon as the second goal was scored. We lose shape, second to every ball, staic at transition so the player that wins the ball has no options. defensive mentality. I don't know what happens at half-time but the team that comes out after the break is a shadow of the first half team in almost every game this season. The real issue isn't team substitutions or tactics, it's mentality.

You are spot on BG. The team is a psychological mess. This is not new, and an analysis of our results and the way we have played shows that this started almost exactly 12 months ago. The second half of last season and the first half of this one have been a disaster. I've lost count of the times we have snatched a defeat from the jaws of a draw, or a draw from the jaws of a victory. It's a systemic and endemic issue in the club and MUST be addressed.

Although mathematically this season is not over, I suspect that in reality it is. IMO we should start to build for next season. Out of the present squad identify those who we are going to release, and replace them in the team with those from the NYL that we intend to keep. If we have eyes on additions to the squad from outside we ought to be moving on them now, not in bloody May 2013. We need to find ways of moving some players on immediately.

I for one would rather see a team for the future on the park than the lot we have now, irrespective of where we might finish on the ladder. They couldn't do any worse than the present lot anyway.

I'm not on the 'sack JA' wagon yet, but surely, surely, the Board must be questioning their choice now?

• Like 1

2,000 attendance on New Years Day. So shattered, really upset, 2-0 up and we go down. JA must take a good hard look at himself and the players must do the same.

Well surely that depends on you're expectations heading into the game ? i mean here we are with a massively depleted squad and on the back of pretty bad form all season it's not as if you could be "surprised" or "shattered" that we lost over there

Our club lack winners on and off the park.

Club has head in the sand.

Sack the fucking club. Let the misery end. Scott Munn and the rest of his cronies, not bothered to do anything anyway! Just fold already.

I bought merchandise man! They better not fold!

Could be collectors items soon!

Seriously, what's the point in caring so much about a team when the people running it don't?

Just fold the mess.

Embarrassing second half. Panic in the team as soon as the second goal was scored. We lose shape, second to every ball, staic at transition so the player that wins the ball has no options. defensive mentality. I don't know what happens at half-time but the team that comes out after the break is a shadow of the first half team in almost every game this season. The real issue isn't team substitutions or tactics, it's mentality.

You are spot on BG. The team is a psychological mess. This is not new, and an analysis of our results and the way we have played shows that this started almost exactly 12 months ago. The second half of last season and the first half of this one have been a disaster. I've lost count of the times we have snatched a defeat from the jaws of a draw, or a draw from the jaws of a victory. It's a systemic and endemic issue in the club and MUST be addressed.

Although mathematically this season is not over, I suspect that in reality it is. IMO we should start to build for next season. Out of the present squad identify those who we are going to release, and replace them in the team with those from the NYL that we intend to keep. If we have eyes on additions to the squad from outside we ought to be moving on them now, not in bloody May 2013. We need to find ways of moving some players on immediately.

I for one would rather see a team for the future on the park than the lot we have now, irrespective of where we might finish on the ladder. They couldn't do any worse than the present lot anyway.

I'm not on the 'sack JA' wagon yet, but surely, surely, the Board must be questioning their choice now?

Team mentality starts with the management. SAF is regarded as the bloke who has instilled that in ManU teams - players come and go but the club philosophy and attitude is engrained in it's management and coaching staff. We hate Vuktree but they spew out the kind of tough talk that we should as well.

Well surely that depends on you're expectations heading into the game ? i mean here we are with a massively depleted squad and on the back of pretty bad form all season it's not as if you could be "surprised" or "shattered" that we lost over there

I think most of us are surprised about being 2 nil up and having most of the play and energy in the first half, but after half time it was a completely different team that rocked up to 'play'

My dad said that too! He said when we lead from the beginning we usually lose the game.

Yup. My wife and I looked at each other and said exactly the same thing.

I am starting to get more nervous when we score early than when we concede early

Weren't we 2nd last last season when the new year turned?

Yes. It has been downhill from there. Steadily downhill. Under Jv$ and now JA. We had a massive clean-out of players, and a complete change in the coaching team, yet the issue is still there.

It's like everything else - if you tell yourself how hard something is, or how high the bar is, then you're approaching the task with a failure mentality, and failure becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you go on for too long you even start to enjoy failure, because you believe that that is your rightful station in life. You can see this right through society, not just in football clubs.

Needs to be addressed NOW before it is too late and we become perpetual cellar-dwellers in the A-League.

• Like 2

Weren't we 2nd last last season when the new year turned?

Yes. It has been downhill from there. Steadily downhill. Under Jv$ and now JA. We had a massive clean-out of players, and a complete change in the coaching team, yet the issue is still there.

It's like everything else - if you tell yourself how hard something is, or how high the bar is, then you're approaching the task with a failure mentality, and failure becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you go on for too long you even start to enjoy failure, because you believe that that is your rightful station in life. You can see this right through society, not just in football clubs.

Needs to be addressed NOW before it is too late and we become perpetual cellar-dwellers in the A-League.

Agree, I feel like celebrating because we actually scored an away goal, rare in itself, and from a free kick!

The whole board and football department are taking the piss out of us !!

This!

It all starts and ends with the board.

They are not willing to invest in our club and are not being serious, it's a waste I'm telling you. It filters down the club where the excuses like no funds are being said.

They aren't giving 100%.

The thing is though I doubt we have other potential board members waiting for a spot. Who would want to put in?