Melbourne Football

Josip Tadic Thread

jw1739

I don't know if it is just me, but everytime we go long out the back we are essentially turning the ball over because Tadic either doesn't compete in the air for the header or is always beaten in the air. Just an observation but that is something I would like to see him develop in his game.

I don't know if it is just me, but everytime we go long out the back we are essentially turning the ball over because Tadic either doesn't compete in the air for the header or is always beaten in the air. Just an observation but that is something I would like to see him develop in his game.

He is that kind of player. Outstanding for 2 mins, goes missing for 88. Thing is the two minuts of brilliance results in creating goal chances for himself and others.

Would love to see him becoming a bit more rounded.

Edited by Rocco Jones

I really wish he was quicker, could be such a lethal weapon. At least he has his touch...

It would be more useful if he had a left foot. Regardless we've got a striker worth singing for and he will be crucial in making the finals. It would be good to get garcia to play off him closer, bit too many times his up there isolated, even though he does hold up play well and blends others in well with his footballing brain.

Edited by United

He is that kind of player. Outstanding for 2 mins, goes missing for 88. Thing is the two minuts of brilliance results in creating goal chances for himself and others.

no he's not.

He's the type of player that needs the ball on the ground. He's probably played with tehcnically-gifted midfielders who can read his runs and can correctly weight a pass. Thats why Berisha scored 20-odd goals last season. Hopeful floating high balls are not what he needs.

Edited by Kiro Kompiro
  • Like 1

that's what a great striker does. Playing up front as a lone striker means he isn't going to always be involved in the game, but when he is involved and when he does get the chance you want him to take it which is what he's been doing recently.

no he's not.

He's the type of player that needs the ball on the ground. He's probably played with tehcnically-gifted midfielders who can read his runs and can correctly weight a pass. Thats why Berisha scored 20-odd goals last season. Hopeful floating high balls are not what he needs.

Cannot agree more. Good to see we agree on something!

that's what a great striker does. Playing up front as a lone striker means he isn't going to always be involved in the game, but when he is involved and when he does get the chance you want him to take it which is what he's been doing recently.

He doesnt have to always be involved in the game, but I never really see him win a header in the middle of the ground, which means everytime we clear it long, when under pressure is quite often, the ball is coming straight back, even if he won 20% of headers, that would relieve some pressure for the defense. the only exception when clearing is when Colosimo clears it into the closest player. That shit is getting old.