Melbourne Football

MHFC Preseason fixture

dRoy

This is very believable, going by the standard of our footy ground on the same reserve, even if it was 100 times better it wouldn't be suitable.

The ground is where the Yarra use to run before they moved it - In saying this I think it was the Mongs fault.

• 3 weeks later...

starting lineup tonight against adelaide:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/486628_413358358721008_1848268516_n.jpg

adelaides:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224206_413358682054309_1451261349_n.jpg

looks like they're playing a full strength squad apart from their 2 visa players (carrusca & neumann)

It was actually admission by gold coin donation, which went to PMSC. Fair enough I thought.

For the game at Knights Stadium admission was $10, $5 concession.

Otherwise, as per Shrecky's post above. IIRC the match at Veneto Club, Bulleen, was the one that we found out about on twitter. The $10 admission at Langwarrin was fair enough because that match took place because of the initiative of a single individual, who bought 500 junior Heart memberships.

To confirm, as JW mentioned...

The 'Langwarrin/Mt Eliza' game...

Melbourne Heart v Peninsula Select

ar Lawton Park, Langwarrin (next to Frankston)

Sunday 16 September 3pm ko. Bar and food available.

This game (as last year) has been organised by a mate of mine who is a passionate Heart fan.

He started Mt Eliza Junior Soccer Club who wear Heart kits, home and away.

He has put up $20,000 of his own money mainly to buy 500 junior Heart memberships from Heart to give to Peninsula junior players as part of a weekend long festival/tournament at Langwarrin.

The Heart game is the culmination of this festival and he hopes to engage parents of the junior players and local spectators to go to Heart games in the future. Heart will be there early to sign autographs etc.

We have talked about ways to increase Heart memberships on this forum. So let's get behind this one lads, and support a good cause. It's not everyone who can make a difference to the number of Heart memberships, but this is a real effort. (By the way, he's not at all wealthy, and he was out of pocket last year).

There will be a charge at the gate.

I am putting together a match day programme (remember those) for the day (extra gold coin donation).

2em3mn7.jpg

Edited by Robinho
  • Like 6

Disappointed that the footy league has made the prelim final on this exact Sunday and not the Saturday before it. I have Saturday off but not the Sunday. Yet again I'll miss out.

Pretty sure the Sunday would have been chosen as the AFL Semis will be on the Friday and Sunday and they to get a good number of kids to the game.

Edited by cadete