Melbourne Football

New Kappa Kit

toogood18

In regards to summer merch...

My email:

I was wondering if any summer merch is going to be sold? The turtle necks dont really go well with the summer heat and a lot are wondering if singlets will be sold to the general public? A la the training style.... And any other summery items?

Thanks

Club's generic response failing to answer 1 question:

The full range of Merchandise is available online at the official Club Shop and at the two retail outlets within AAMI Park on match-days.

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/producttype/2

Try emailing Melanie Price.

She has been awesome with any question i have emailed her about. I'd say though the response will most likely be that the powers that be dont want to release them, Maybe call the club and ask to speak to the merchandise department.

I think though maybe shes a little more open with me cause i hound the shit out of her for everything lol

In regards to summer merch...

My email:

I was wondering if any summer merch is going to be sold? The turtle necks dont really go well with the summer heat and a lot are wondering if singlets will be sold to the general public? A la the training style.... And any other summery items?

Thanks

Club's generic response failing to answer 1 question:

The full range of Merchandise is available online at the official Club Shop and at the two retail outlets within AAMI Park on match-days.

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/producttype/2

Try emailing Melanie Price.

She has been awesome with any question i have emailed her about. I'd say though the response will most likely be that the powers that be dont want to release them, Maybe call the club and ask to speak to the merchandise department.

I think though maybe shes a little more open with me cause i hound the shit out of her for everything lol

That is from Mel...

I can't understand why the club is reluctant to sell merchandise. Yes there's a production cost but if you've got customers wanting the product why not sell to them?

I would have thought the more people advertising MHFC the better for the club.

I have spoken to them in the past suggesting certain merchandise like the full tracksuit players/staff wear.... supporters love wearing what they get to wear not some cheap bland t-shirt etc...

If we want to be taken seriously as a professional football club then produce great merch and let the fans publicise the club...

I actually got a proper response once when I asked about shorts.

They said it was basically the numbers. They said they have researched and they wouldn't sell enough to justify the cost. Reading between the lines it's kappa who won't justify the costs and therefore won't sell them.

I actually got a proper response once when I asked about shorts.

They said it was basically the numbers. They said they have researched and they wouldn't sell enough to justify the cost. Reading between the lines it's kappa who won't justify the costs and therefore won't sell them.

It's bafflng though because presumably they are making them for no profit when they make them for the players. So why not add an extra 20 onto the production line when they make them for the squad?

Well, how was the research done? Certainly no-one ever asked me. I'm perhaps a little past wearing striped football jerseys, but the tracksuit top would be great for going to matches on the cooler days etc. and for general use around the place.

Wouldn't cost a hell of a lot to send an e-mail out to all season-ticket holders and ask "What would you like if it was available?"

To me sounds like someone isn't trying hard enough.

Can we get LS kits pls?

If everyone here emailed Melanie with requests hopefully they will see the demand... because according to them there is no demand for anything...

That's a good idea...but the fact is that only a small percentage of season-ticket holders come near this forum.

Our STH tally stands at 7027. That's the potential market.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your email.

As you can imagine, the apparel management process with Kappa is quite particular, and there are limited allocations within the range we receive for “Retail” and “Football”.
Unfortunately, I do not anticipate that any training singlet’s will be available for purchase in the near future.

Kind regards,

Mel

Knew it was Kappa. Said all along is just some guy in broadmedows in his back shed. It took them months to even get a website going here in australia.

Although they were selling 3rd kit shorts on friday.

Has anyone tried on a ccm kit? Their collar looks totally different to ours.

Edited by Dylan

I just don't understand how hard it would be to produce more... This club is so shit on so many different levels

Its not the club it is Kappa. The club doesnt pay anything to have the kits produced or the gear for training made as they are 'sponsored' by Kappa. So bottom line is Kappa decides what gets made and what doesnt. Email Kappa not the club.

FWIW I believe we are the only club to sell the keeper kit and I am pretty sure that was due to everyone asking for it, so there is some hope if enough pressure is put on Kappa....But this is the last year of the contract so I doubt it.

Edited by Dylan

I just don't understand how hard it would be to produce more... This club is so shit on so many different levels

Its not the club it is Kappa. The club doesnt pay anything to have the kits produced or the gear for training made as they are 'sponsored' by Kappa. So bottom line is Kappa decides what gets made and what doesnt. Email Kappa not the club.

FWIW I believe we are the only club to sell the keeper kit and I am pretty sure that was due to everyone asking for it, so there is some hope if enough pressure is put on Kappa....But this is the last year of the contract so I doubt it.

Obvs know this but shame the club doesn't push for it more... As what was my response to Melanie's email to me..

Obvs know this but shame the club doesn't push for it more... As what was my response to Melanie's email to me..

They might have pushed for it. there issnt any evidence to say they didnt and to think that the evidence for them not pushing for it is that they dont sell it, I think thats clutching at straws. Apparently Kappa in Australia is based in Melbourne in Abbotsford. BRZ apparel.

I just tried to email kappa and seems like the email address doesnt exist anymore.

Edited by Dylan

We should just start our own independent melbourne gear label. Design some shit up and do one of those kickstart thingies.

Now if someone was in the local rag trade and really enterprising...go into production of some locally made lookalikes but with a decent collar and without that crappy Kappa label everywhere...and include the training jerseys and tracksuit tops...