Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart signs Kappa as new apparel sponsor

The Seagull

Hopefully Gerhardt and Kalmar were wearing either samples or jerseys not in their size. But the pics show that the jerseys just do not fit very well. I would not want to be running around AAMI on a warm Melbourne day in the late afternoon sun wearing something that tight.

Hopefully Gerhardt and Kalmar were wearing either samples or jerseys not in their size. But the pics show that the jerseys just do not fit very well. I would not want to be running around AAMI on a warm Melbourne day in the late afternoon sun wearing something that tight.

Agreed as much as it annoys some I am never going to be a fan.

I agree that its beyond fucken awful.

Is it black or grey like last year? It looks black but It might just be the computer screen. I remember the game last year they played with the 3rd grey kit which had a white and red sash which I liked. But it looked awful with the red shorts. So hopefully this new 3rd one if they wear it they have same colour shorts

Is it black or grey like last year? It looks black but It might just be the computer screen. I remember the game last year they played with the 3rd grey kit which had a white and red sash which I liked. But it looked awful with the red shorts. So hopefully this new 3rd one if they wear it they have same colour shorts

Its reckon it will be pretty Black and even ifs a bit of Darker Grey it’s still going be hard to support with my eyes.

I had to get over Heart wearing South Freo colours in the first place when the team’s predictable colours were announced.

Edited by cadete

???????????? and the above 20 posts relate in what way to the heart kit ?????????????

Lets get back on topic please.

I personally don't mind the strip. in Europe all clubs slightly change their strip each year. This forces die hard supporters to buy the latest merchandise and consequently create greater revenue for the club.

I bet over half the supporters who puchased isc gear with now buy kappa gear. after all, isc was so yesterday!

• Like 1

While we're getting back to basics with the above question, please also explain to me why we have to have a third kit at all?

My experience with football in the past is that teams have their strip in their club colours. They use this strip always for home games, and for away games where there is no clash with the home team's colours. If there is such a clash, then the away team wears its 'change' strip.

For example, in Heart's case, we should wear our red and white stripes whenever we play Wellington (and some other teams) whether it's home or away.

The problem seems to me that our 'alternative' strip is used for all away games, and it has too much red on it for games away to Adelaide, Newcastle and now WSW. In my opinion anyway.

If we had an 'alternative' or 'change' strip without the red we would not have to worry about a third kit at all. A 'third kit' just seems an unnecessary distraction for whoever at the club is concerned with it. The focus at the club is blurred enough as it is without further distractions.

The different strips apeal to different people. I like the traditional home strip, my eldest son likes the away strip and my wife likes the third strip.

In a ten team league it has to be debated if we need the number of strips we have, except for choice. Then again, why not for away games where strips clash. Both our away and third strips look great in my opinion and can be used to cause the least amount of confusion with the other side. I however stick with our home strip, as I believe it most represents Melbourne Heart and I agree with the earlier post which said we should wear our striped shirt as often as possible (the red V blue in the last two derbies was ruined by us playing a bunch of forklift drivers). More availability of the third strip would be good.

I won't be buying the Kappa strip this year though as I bought last seasons and unless I loose ten kilos, the Kappa looks as if it will show of my gut and man boobs. Maybe next season though.

My sons however want a shirt this year and so I will buy a couple of Kappa's for the boys.