Hendo

So, where have you cunts been?

So far.

Japan x 10

China x 3

Thailand x 2

Burma/Myanmar x 1

Singapore x 1

Keen to finish the rest of Asia before going anywhere else as I'll have a feeling I won't be staying in Melbourne, well Australia for another 2-3 years, will depend on how long it will take for me to get Mandarin under my belt but fuck. However I have been looking into doing the trans-siberian later this year, Beijing-Moscow, then meeting up with the missus in Berlin as flying straight to Europe is pretty fucking weak. Unfortunately my father has signed a two year contract extension in Shanghai, so he won't be working in Europe at least for another two years, which is disappointing. Money talks summat.

• Like 1

Seems like a bit of a dick measuring contest but I enjoy to get the ruler out every once in a while. :D

Oceania

NZx a million

Fiji

New Caledonia

Europe

England x 2

Scotland

N. Ireland x 4

Republic Ireland x 4

France x 4

Spain x 2

Germany x 2

Netherlands

Belgium

Austria

Hungary

Czech Republic

Greece x 2

Denmark

Latvia

Poland x2

Ukraine

Russia x2

Italy x 4

Croatia

Portugal

Asia

Hong Kong x 2

Singapore

North Africa

Morocco

As you can see my travel has been very Eurocentric. Virtually all the other destinations have been family stuff. Need to get some more of Asia done. Dying to do Japan and wouldnt mind a debaucherous lads trip to Thai Thai or Big Footscray(Vietnam). North america doesn't hold that much interest for me but I'm sure i will get there.

Asia suggestions?

• Like 2

Seems like a bit of a dick measuring contest but I enjoy to get the ruler out every once in a while. :D

Oceania

NZx a million

Fiji

New Caledonia

Europe

England x 2

Scotland

N. Ireland x 4

Republic Ireland x 4

France x 4

Spain x 2

Germany x 2

Netherlands

Belgium

Austria

Hungary

Czech Republic

Greece x 2

Denmark

Latvia

Poland x2

Ukraine

Russia x2

Italy x 4

Croatia

Portugal

Asia

Hong Kong x 2

Singapore

North Africa

Morocco

As you can see my travel has been very Eurocentric. Virtually all the other destinations have been family stuff. Need to get some more of Asia done. Dying to do Japan and wouldnt mind a debaucherous lads trip to Thai Thai or Big Footscray(Vietnam). North america doesn't hold that much interest for me but I'm sure i will get there.

Asia suggestions?

If this was a dick measuring contest you definitely have the BBC (no homo).

• Like 1

@braveheart

South africa is a very beautiful place but is also very dangerous, I have family there so I stayed with them

table mountain in cape town is awesome and you can climb up or abseil down.

if you do go, do your research prior, make sure you will be safe when you are there.

Also durban is awesome, hot, beaches just awesome

I have been to Nepal, Singapore and Malaysia.

Nepal was quite a shock travelling there. Complete poverty. Everywhere you went there would be buildings falling apart, rubbish laying around and on most streets there would at least be one beggar. You would see children as young as three on the streets latching onto you until you give the some money. I did also witness two people commit suicide by jumping off a cliff which was dreadful. It really hits you hard how fortunate we are here in Australia. None the less it was an amazing experience. I got to do a seven day trek along the Annapurna circuit seeing some breathtaking sights and slso went to the Chitwan national park and did an Elephant ride into the jungle to see some baby rhinos.

I strongly recommend you go there if you get the chance it is a great place to experience.

I went to Singapore and Malaysia to play hockey for my club. Singapore is a really, really clean and touristy city, so there is lots to do. They have an amazing drink called 100 plus which basically like powerade but 100x better. Unfortunately in Malaysia I got struck down with food poisoning so i was mainly in bed or on the toilet so I didnt see much.

I would love to go to Japan and to travel Europe.

I want to go to North Korea (100% srs).

You will not find another place like it in the world. Would be mind blowing I think.

Have looked into it, gets pretty expensive, for a poor country, with all the shit you have to do to get there. And it could turn out to be a completely shit trip that was a waste of money and time. And you are highly controlled with a guide etc. so you will only be shown selected propaganda, which would defeat the purpose of the trip.

But still tempted to do it when I have the money.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

I want to go to North Korea (100% srs).

You will not find another place like it in the world. Would be mind blowing I think.

Have looked into it, gets pretty expensive, for a poor country, with all the shit you have to do to get there. And it could turn out to be a completely shit trip that was a waste of money and time. And you are highly controlled with a guide etc. so you will only be shown selected propaganda, which would defeat the purpose of the trip.

But still tempted to do it when I have the money.

I have been saying this to for years and trying to convince Alloid its a good idea, but her rule is "no family holidays to demilitarized zones"- boo! Its apparently pretty boring overall, but I would still like to anyway. Vice magazine did a doco on it a while ago which is worth a look. http://www.vice.com/en_au/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3 Its a bit OTT what with them pretending to be hard hitting journalists and all but you get the idea.

Anyway, to get in on the dick measuring (is it cold in here, or is it just me?)

-Most of Australia

-England/Scotland/Wales

-Denmark (sort of- a danish island located below sweeden called bornholm)

-Malaysia/Singapore

-Japan (twice)

• Like 1

Australia -

Brisbane

Gold Coast X2

Sydney X2

Asia -

Hong Kong

Kuala Lumpur

Europe -

Amsterdam

Barcelona

Croatia (Pag, Rijeka, Zadar & Zagreb)

Germany (Berlin, Duisburg, Dusseldorf & Frankfurt) (Went to last ever Love Parade in 2010)

Ibiza

London

Paris

Prague

Rome

Vienna

Hoping to do 2014 Brazil/North America. Would rather go back to Europe X100 than go to Asia.

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1

Family friend of mine runs trips to Northern Africa and the middle East.

Have always been keen t see things first hand and get a better understanding of the things we only read about.

Some of the most incredible architecture there as well.

Not heavily keen to travel anywhere overly western, but there are a few places I've always been keen on visiting.

Heading back to New zuland soonish, but to me that doesn't really count.

• 1 month later...

Austria x 3

Germany

England

Planning on going to europe (mainly england) the second I can afford, buying a one way ticket and coing home when im ready.

have austrian citizenship so can work all over europe with no problems.

have a job waiting for me in london the second i walk off the plane :)

I've been to Devonport momentarily(that's where the spirit of Tassie docks) and Hobart.

Hobart is a top little town. Reminds me of a scottish/english west coast seaside town. Cottages, pubs, restaurants etc all perched around the cove.

• Derwent river cruise was well worth it and picturesque beyond belief. You'll get really nice(early) sunsets in winter also so take ya camera and do the afternoon cruise.

• I did a pub crawl organised by some local mob. Got info from the hostel i was staying at. Hobarts pubs are cosy, cheap and pretty friendly. Cascade brewery tour is a must do i reckon as well.

• Port Arthur penal museum is great to get a history/culture fix and well worth it.

That's about all i got for ya chappo.

My brother in law got knocked to the ground by riot police at the docks in Hobart where the first nuclear powered US Navy vessel docked in Australia(maybe just tassie) circa late80s. Massive hippie/greenie protest, he was at the front mouthing off at the cop. Thats the most exciting story about Tassie I have.

Was born in tassie. That's the best tassie story i got.

Lol. Nah. I have not been back for a while but off the top of my head huon valley is nice (its where i grew up before we moved to newcastle) , lots of pubs and cafes in hobart, west coast is basically untouched. That's all i can think of off the top of my head. Oh and there is a crazy modern art gallery in hobart too if you are that way inclined.