Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

I could play Div 3 in Greece. It can't be that hard can it?

I was told by some guys that know a fair bit about Greece and fair bit about recruiting that the Top Half of Div 2 in Greece is A League standard.

I reckon Greece Div 3 would be like NYL but more physical like say the top WA State League.

I was actually thinking Anelka when he posted it first. He has not really settled in China (Le sulk at his best) so a move to A-league wouldn't be that far fetched. That said his wage demands would be way out of our range and I don't believe Christian for a second tbh. I do think we would be talking to lots of big name strikers though, so predicting a high profile recently internationally retired CF is not really a big call (It's quite likely we will sign one).

Back on topic,

Do people really like having one thread for all transfer talk?

I dont really understand it personally, having separate threads is more logical, easier to find something from the past you are looking for, dont have to scroll through posts you arent interested in, etc.

Just starting a new thread every time a new transfer/rumour is discussed seems like a better way to go about things to me.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

One thread for transfer talk actually turns me off this forum.....at times that is.

This forum is starting to loose it's way when topics are all merged.

This forum is an example of how not to operate.

I too am in favor, and have always been in favor, of one topic each time a rumor etc comes up. This way we can all comment relative to the topic.

If you're making spelling mistakes on the internet in 2012 I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a browser without spellcheck ain't one.

My works browser can barely manage facebook anymore: It like Explorer from 5 years ago.

I agree, regular new threads would be far better. Can we lock this one?

Thats what I am thinking, I'll leave it for a bit to see if most people agree its a better way, as I sure do.

Edited by Tesla

That's cute mate. I don't see how my observation of you spelling his/he's is a personal attack. More of a guideline. But thanks for the story. I still like you. Even though you obviously have a problem with me.

You have a retard problem which sees you constantly crack on to birds and bomb out no matter who they are:

Whether they be fellow Heart Supporters, Cops or other Yarraside Members Girlfriend's Friends.

I got over your problem so you can get over mine.

Please tell me where and when you think the above has happened? I would like to know what you think "crack on to birds" actually means.

I recall my attempt to serenade a police woman on one occasion, to be unsuccessful in the end, after obtaining her phone number. Where/when was the second time? You mention it to be plural. What about the other ones. Go on. Tell me a story.

You also call it a "retarded problem". I do not understand what you mean by this. Problem? I don't find it to be a problem at all.

I didn't get a call back from one woman. 1 from 1 isn't a bad stat. Wouldn't call that a problem. Probably more a blessing in disguise. She was a police officer who undertook boxing as a recreational activity, also from Eltham, not in my area. Would have taken over an hour to travel to her house. The logistics weren't in my favour from the start.

But I understand your post. It was a post in anger.

Do you have any tips on how to be such a great guy. I seem to have no idea on how to be one.

How about:

1. Confirmed transfers in

2. Confirmed transfers out

3. Rumour mill

4. Individual player threads

Thoughts?

But again we are grouping things into a big thread, I dont see why we cant have a new thread for each transfer. We can make it so a tag has to be added at the tend of the title (rumour), (confirmed), etc. to seperate rumours from confirmed transfers.

I prefer 1 thread because its easier to read through and catch up on all the days happenings (even if most of the time its mindless rumors and bs) rather than 20 different threads.

Well with my suggestion, involving having the rumour threads tagged (rumour), you can avoid them if you dont care for rumours.

And with any modern browser and modern mouse, you can just click middle mouse button on every topic on the topic list to open them in different tabs and then just work your way through them, so it really isnt much more difficult at all, in fact I would argue it takes more effort to have to click the next page in this thread a few times (as there are a few new pages each day) as you have to wait a second or so each time for the new page to load, whereas with the tabs you just close it and the next thread is already open and loaded.

• Like 1

That's cute mate. I don't see how my observation of you spelling his/he's is a personal attack. More of a guideline. But thanks for the story. I still like you. Even though you obviously have a problem with me.

Please tell me where and when you think the above has happened? I would like to know what you think "crack on to birds" actually means.

I recall my attempt to serenade a police woman on one occasion, to be unsuccessful in the end, after obtaining her phone number. Where/when was the second time? You mention it to be plural. What about the other ones. Go on. Tell me a story.

You also call it a "retarded problem". I do not understand what you mean by this. Problem? I don't find it to be a problem at all.

I didn't get a call back from one woman. 1 from 1 isn't a bad stat. Wouldn't call that a problem. Probably more a blessing in disguise. She was a police officer who undertook boxing as a recreational activity, also from Eltham, not in my area. Would have taken over an hour to travel to her house. The logistics weren't in my favour from the start.

Do you have any tips on how to be such a great guy. I seem to have no idea on how to be one.

Rofl, you clearly just will never get it.

I would like to pass on some tips but it would be simply to hard to explain them to you.

I do have one simple one for you:

If you truly want to call yourself a Celtic supporter could you please stop referring to the club as a "Scottish Club" as from someone who has supported Celtic since the early 90's I can tell you that none of us ever refer to our club in this manner.

Rofl, you clearly just will never get it.

I would like to pass on some tips but it would be simply to hard to explain them to you.

I do have one simple one for you:

If you truly want to call yourself a Celtic supporter could you please stop referring to the club as a "Scottish Club" as from someone who has supported Celtic since the early 90's I can tell you that none of us ever refer to our club in this manner.

Take it to PM's, ladies.

Transfer thread. Back on topic please.

• Like 2

How about:

1. Confirmed transfers in

2. Confirmed transfers out

3. Rumour mill

4. Individual player threads

Thoughts?

This is about right. I'd like to see more threads, so something like this (pretty much the same as KingAwesomeness):

- Transfers thread (that is, confirmed and/or completed transfers)

- Individual player threads (e.g. 'Curtis Good to Newcastle United F.C.', 'Heart linked with Kevin Gameiro', 'Heart in discussions with Jan Vennegor of Hesselink')

- Rumor Mill (for transfers that aren't mentioned in an article or website that can be linked)

- Lastly, something like a 'transfer policy' or a 'players Heart should sign' thread. A single thread for comment on the signings Heart has made and the signings Heart should make.

• Like 1

Well with my suggestion, involving having the rumour threads tagged (rumour), you can avoid them if you dont care for rumours.

So basically if you don't want to read rumours you read the official transfer thread that has one post that says Golgol, Gerhardt, Gray.

WTF is going on with this topic!

i recommend closing this topic down.

One person is talking about spelling errors, while others are taking pot shots at others.

This topic has lost ALL its purpose.

Close it down and let people start topics that relate to specific issues/matters. Lets keep issues relevant to a specific topic. This may help eliminate 'off-topic' posts.

I don't think the merger was really a good thing after all. (the need to create this forum that is)

WTF is going on with this topic!

i recommend closing this topic down.

One person is talking about spelling errors, while others are taking pot shots at others.

This topic has lost ALL its purpose.

Close it down and let people start topics that relate to specific issues/matters. Lets keep issues relevant to a specific topic. This may help eliminate 'off-topic' posts.

I don't think the merger was really a good thing after all. (the need to create this forum that is)

You also don't think buying a club membership is a good thing.

Just start talking transfers...

• Like 1

How about we create a sub-forum for rumours that people can post individual topics in, a sub-forum for player discussions (all confirmed players, no rumoured players) and then keep the current sub-forum for general MHFC chat?

We can also make a spelling/grammar nazi sub-forum elsewhere, I could imagine.

Sorry to offer yet another idea, but how about a separate transfers subforum where people can start threads on whatever news there is, whatever players people want to discuss, and so forth, with it's own rumours thread? It will basically be this whole thread in it's own place, organised into indivdual topics.

Individual player threads once they're confirmed can live in this subforum as they do currently.

Hey why don't we just forget transfer talk and just stick to talking about the best way to organise the forum. Why not a whole new forum to discuss forums that way the people who wanna talk about forums don't need to pretend to be interested in football and they can just talk about forums. Hey did I say forums enough?

Sub-forum for transfers, and people can throw whatever bullshit they want in there. Individual topics for players would just clog up the 'Melbourne Heart' section, despite rarely having any relevance. Also, it means that the rest of the forum can be saved from the crap like this thread.

seriouse? why can't we just talk about transfers?

Mabey instead of jumping on people who correct others spelling, the admis ban peoplefor 24 hours for talking to much about victory or other topics.

Too me, and this is my opinion this would make alot more sense. (i really tried to spell everything right lol)

individual threads are the way to go.

of course only players that are ACTUALLY linked with us or are contracted to us should have threads. dutch's threads are a start

THEN cunts who check out Sky Sports and see that Wayne Rooney has been released by Man United, and suggest the club try get him to play for our sick club can post in here

e.g. having a Marc Bresciano thread cause he actually trained with the squad and could quite possibly play for us in the future

• Like 1

Sorry to offer yet another idea, but how about a separate transfers subforum where people can start threads on whatever news there is, whatever players people want to discuss, and so forth, with it's own rumours thread? It will basically be this whole thread in it's own place, organised into indivdual topics.

Individual player threads once they're confirmed can live in this subforum as they do currently.

This sounds good, so:

Melbourne Heart Supporters Forum -> Melbourne Heart -> Youth Team

-> F-League Team

-> Transfers -> 'Official Transfers' thread

-> Rumors

-> Steven Gray

-> Patrick Gerhardt

-> Curtis Good. Etc.

The 'Official Transfers' or just 'Transfers' thread could be this thread, but it would only be concerned with confirmed and/or completed transfers.

I'd be pretty happy with that. Everything spread out rather than all contained within a single thread.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1