Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

My sources tell me that Curtis Good has signed on with Newcastle and will be present at pre-season training next week.

Spiranovic will be his replacement, he has barely been playing for Urawa and has just 6 months remaining on his contract, club and player are close to a mutual termination.

The big signing will be a high profile recently internationally retired CF.

Dylan Macallister and Simon Storey will round out the 20 man squad.

• Like 1

My source, this article, tells me Good has signed with Newcastle and will move in around 10 days:

Newcastle United close to signing two new players

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle Jul 5 2012

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be close to signing two youngsters as they look to bolster their squad ahead of what could be a long campaign on both the domestic and European front.

Young Aussie Curtis Good - who was on trial at United last season - seems set to tie up his deal to Tyneside in around 10 days time while Coventry City's Gael Bigirimana is also thought to be within Newcastle's grasp.

Bigirimana, 18, has been linked with United throughout the summer and with cash strapped Coventry City facing life in League One, the Sky Blues need every penny they can get.

Sources in the Midlands today suggested a deal is close and despite former Newcastle defender and current Coventry boss Andy Thorn's desire to hold on to Bigirimana, he is now thought to be resigned to losing his young star.

For more transfer news see tomorrow's Evening Chronicle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/05/newcastle-united-close-to-signing-two-new-players-72703-31333915/

Edited by Murfy1

The A-League website ran an article today about Jason Culina wanting to return to the league. I really don't see the issue with picking him up on a minimum to mid priced contract for 1-2 years. The guys got experience in the league, he doesn't take a visa spot and most likely gets on well with JA.

And for all those "injury" people out there, Fred was signed at a similiar age, he was injury prone all season long and he was still one of our best players last season.

Give Culina a chance. He can only be as bad as Maycon.

My sources tell me that Curtis Good has signed on with Newcastle and will be present at pre-season training next week.

Spiranovic will be his replacement, he has barely been playing for Urawa and has just 6 months remaining on his contract, club and player are close to a mutual termination.

Here we go...

The A-League website ran an article today about Jason Culina wanting to return to the league. I really don't see the issue with picking him up on a minimum to mid priced contract for 1-2 years. The guys got experience in the league, he doesn't take a visa spot and most likely gets on well with JA.

And for all those "injury" people out there, Fred was signed at a similiar age, he was injury prone all season long and he was still one of our best players last season.

Give Culina a chance. He can only be as bad as Maycon.

Please refer to my previous post on knee osteotomies.

• Like 1

Mate, I'm glad you're back with your rumours but according to wiki, spira played 20+ games for uwara in the recent season. I wouldn't call that 'hardly playing'.

Please refer to my previous post on knee osteotomies.

Professional opinion and diagnosis etc. taken. You make a more than valid point. However, he'll/we'll probably never know how he can play, or if he can play, until he does.

On another note, Govas anyone?

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/244950,govas-looks-for-a-return-home.aspx

I would love for us to get Spiranovic and I know from the fan forum that JD was speaking to his agent. He did, as I have posted previously, tell me that Spiranovic was heading back to Europe

Mate, I'm glad you're back with your rumours but according to wiki, spira played 20+ games for uwara in the recent season. I wouldn't call that 'hardly playing'.

That was last season- this season has only played 1 cup game the season, and been an unused sub once in 16 league games.

He will use this season as a springboard back to Europe.

The CF could quite possibly be the best player to ever grace this league.

Honestly had never heard of Govas. Give him a trial and If he's alright and willing take minimum wage give him a go. Yoof policy.

Me either, but Perth Heart (Perth based Heart fan) is very keen on him. Govas is an AM, 22 and seems to be able to learn quickly.

The CF could quite possibly be the best player to ever grace this league.

Got a name?

Edited by malloy
no names on forum

I don't wanna say yet, coz this one still has some complications.

There is a back-up plan, not quite as good or big of a name but could do a job.

Complications as in, Hernandez, Grella and Christeas complications?

Or complications in that you don't yet have a plausible name?

• Like 1

Complications as in, Hernandez, Grella and Christeas complications?

Or complications in that you don't yet have a plausible name?

Complications as in, the Chairman is yet to decide how much of Good and Babalj's transfer fees will be made available for the signing, that's why there is a back-up who will come in under the cap if required.

Complications as in, the Chairman is yet to decide how much of Good and Babalj's transfer fees will be made available for the signing, that's why there is a back-up who will come in under the cap if required.

Welcome back! Give us a name mate, we're all hanging for anything!

I don't wanna say yet, coz this one still has some complications.

There is a back-up plan, not quite as good or big of a name but could do a job.

Estimated timeline for announcement?

Shevchenko?

...that's why there is a back-up who will come in under the cap if required.

...which is of course what will happen and therefore it is a waste of time even reading his posts...or replying to them which is what I am doing now...

The FFA needs to lengthen the football season if for no other reason but to shorten the time available for speculation and rumour.

• Like 1