Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

1 minute ago, Melburnian said:

My info isn't concrete but have heard that it's white and a touch of sky blue in the trimmings. Will allow us to market the sky blue we want until the ffa come to the party and allow the sky blue to be our main colour.

Oh right, so the end game is sky blue? I would still hope that we have a home kit that is unique to Melbourne but Id say we will see. 

• Like 1

One thing's for sure, and that is endless debate and comment on here will be ignored. If we really want to make our feelings known and submit comments or actual designs then get on to City Voice. I made one suggestion concerning the Christmas Derby and it has received a positive response so far. OK, only so far, but at least it's a start.

32 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I just wish they get it over and done with and then people who do not wish to follow the club because of that can make that choice. 

I'm pretty sure people will get over the colour change when we start to become a power club. Nothing covers cracks like winning. I'm all for any future home kit, wasn't it a couple of years ago that Everton had a black away kit with fluro pink trim, thought it was great, all though in saying I am partial to black 

For people interested in clubs that have changed colours in the first couple of years have a look at this site.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/index.html

Edited by HeartOfCity

34 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I'm pretty sure people will get over the colour change when we start to become a power club. Nothing covers cracks like winning. I'm all for any future home kit, wasn't it a couple of years ago that Everton had a black away kit with fluro pink trim, thought it was great, all though in saying I am partial to black 

For people interested in clubs that have changed colours in the first couple of years have a look at this site.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/index.html

Even Liverpool were sky blue in the beginning lol.

Yeah they were left there by Everton when they moved from Anfield. Even if red doesn't make it into the home shirt, it'll be on the away and hopefully we stick to that tradition kinda like the way Man United pay homage to their first club colours by wearing green and yellow Goalie kits. Plus with their away kits, the majority are blue or white from the early days and black now and again

5 hours ago, morphine said:

Is anyone savvy enough to knock up a Nike all-white Kit with sky blue trimmings to give us a reference point?

These are actual Nike 2015 designs you can order:

The blue with white sash would look great reversed imo.

56939778591c0_NikeDesigns.thumb.jpg.fb81

Nike Designs 2.jpg

Edited by rass
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, possiblygeorge said:

Where's the Nike logo go if the A-league logo takes it's place? Assuming above it. Don't mind the template

Yeah similar to last years Melbourne kit. 

We'll most certainly have whatever ManC have next season, just with colours swapped around (+ white shorts, blue socks). Personally prefer white socks.
Would look nice though. Think Real Madrid with sky blue trim (but Nike lol) 

7 hours ago, Moraiwe said:

You are wrong.  My support for a club has never changed due to their level of success.

Never said support had anything to do with the colour top, people still have gripes about the colour change yet we had close to 10,000 on the weekend. What I'm saying (and obviously didn't come out right) is that having a winning club that plays great football will go a very long way to helping supporters get on board with the colours no matter what colour shirt ended up being.

9 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Why is there so much red on the badge yet they don't  want red on the shirt?  Clubs are identified by their colors.  We need to make up our mind what ours are.  We look disorganised and confused when we wear white and blue yet there's  so much red in the stands.

Give it a few years and it will slowly change to what ever the home kit ends up being 

• Like 1