Melbourne Football

City vs Macarthur (away) 24/4 7pm

neio

25 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

On a more positive note, MacArthur seemed to have a well thought out plan to thwart us. 
we eventually found our way through that and were the better side. You do that every week, you win most games and don’t lose too many.

Take the Victory games away, look at the Wellington, Sydney and MacArthur games. All these opponents had a plan with either 3 at the back or 4–4-2, resulting in a congested midfield. We definitely didn’t dominate and the title race is far from over if the opposition have figured how to play us. But we did play them away from home, 2 draws and a win.

Let’s park the “blank cheque” talks for Jmac for some weeks as well as giving Nabbout another contract I’m not sure what’s happened to the latter in recent weeks. These boys need to bring home such games. 

Poor mistake from Stokes but I was hoping to be 2 up by then.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Take the Victory games away, look at the Wellington, Sydney and MacArthur games. All these opponents had a plan with either 3 at the back or 4–4-2, resulting in a congested midfield. We definitely didn’t dominate and the title race is far from over if the opposition have figured how to play us. But we did play them away from home, 2 draws and a win.

Let’s park the “blank cheque” talks for Jmac for some weeks as well as giving Nabbout another contract I’m not sure what’s happened to the latter in recent weeks. These boys need to bring home such games. 

Poor mistake from Stokes but I was hoping to be 2 up by then.

Nabbout is probably playing with an injury or two - I would be seriously looking at starting Cola against Newcastle. Don't think there's much we can do about JMac as we don't have a back-up central striker.

Looking at the positives, we managed a draw even when depleted - Griff, Nuno and Atkinson. Galloway and Jamo are looking better every week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Nabbout is probably playing with an injury or two - I would be seriously looking at starting Cola against Newcastle. Don't think there's much we can do about JMac as we don't have a back-up central striker.

Looking at the positives, we managed a draw even when depleted - Griff, Nuno and Atkinson. Galloway and Jamo are looking better every week.

Galloway is very good and plays our system great. Not that much of a loss Atkinson 

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:Looking at the positives, we managed a draw even when depleted - Griff, Nuno and Atkinson. Galloway and Jamo are looking better every week.

We have a very congested program coming up, we have to be careful managing these “soreness” players. Ideally at all times you want either Griff or Reis to be available. So I wouldn’t even take the risk and be playing them both against Newcastle.

Any official word on what Griffiths and Reis situation is? Were they injured or not selected. We needed one of those two in defence on Saturday and we really need both uninjured come Socceroos duties when Good goes with the national team. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Any official word on what Griffiths and Reis situation is? Were they injured or not selected. We needed one of those two in defence on Saturday and we really need both uninjured come Socceroos duties when Good goes with the national team. 

I thought I read somewhere that it was "soreness?"

Edited by jw1739