Melbourne Football

City vs Macarthur (away) 24/4 7pm

neio

As much as I love jmac, games like tonight show why he's probably never going to step up to a decent European standard. Either he puts everything away or misses 3-4 real chances. Extremely frustrating.

Edited by TJV
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, haz said:

One of those games

Definitely.

my summary:

striker misses 3 good chances (having scored 5 last week)

goal disallowed on a thin margin offside 

Young defender gifts them a goal.

Disappointing to not win.

Ps perhaps young mills should be given a chance next time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TJV said:

I know he's a young lad, but that's fucking woeful from stokes. Not the first time this season he has made a huge mistake that's cost us. Could have been sent off with the attempted tackle as well.

Completely lost control

He's a scholarship player, aged 18...

Young or not, that was just a shit effort tbh. Tillio had worked his arse off to win the ball back and that was just awful.

Oh well, up to him to learn from that.

On Maclaren's misses; woeful. But tbf, they were all offside anyway (2nd half).

Edited by rass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

He's a scholarship player, aged 18...

I know he's young. I know he is inexperienced, and don't get me wrong, it's a great achievement to be playing pro football at age 18. But the fact of the matter is he has only played 4 senior games for City and has already been sent off in 1, and made a key error that cost us a goal in another.

I hope he turns it around, but at this point I think another full season of experience in the NPL, rather than the a league, will do him good. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TJV said:

I know he's young. I know he is inexperienced, and don't get me wrong, it's a great achievement to be playing pro football at age 18. But the fact of the matter is he has only played 4 senior games for City and has already been sent off in 1, and made a key error that cost us a goal in another.

I hope he turns it around, but at this point I think another full season of experience in the NPL, rather than the a league, will do him good. 

What bothers me is less the fuck up, and more the fact he nearly got himself sent off again. Dived in on Ruhs after the error and if hed caught him he was gone again. Doesnt suggest he learnt much from the first time tbh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, haz said:

Why do I feel that this game will cost us the plate?

IMO that's a bit doom and gloom. There are 7-11 matches matches remaining depending on which club you look at, and we're still in a strong position. And we have seen before that in the A-League more or less anything can happen. If anything is going to, IMO more likely it will be the national call-ups that will spoil our season.

• Like 1

Personally I don't think Stokes is up to it at the moment, but also worth noting he is our 4th choice CB option. There wouldn't be too many teams who have a fantastic 4th choice, it was unfortunate that we had to use him but we had to,should have been 3 points, but it's not. Have to get ready for a pretty congested next couple weeks with hopefully Rostyn and Nuno back 

• Like 1