Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Mark neelds job safe for now..

fucking hell :angry:

Just wait for the board to come out and say they back him 100%

with 5 wins out of 32 who wouldnt back him 100%?

could of swore they were gonna come out with that line 2day but surprised they didn't

tbh Melbourne have a terrible list and none of their players have developed as they should have. Trengrove, Watts and frawley have all gone backwards and chip frawley was all-Australian a few years back I think?

As much as I have felt Neeld is responsible, the board and recruiting department need to take a substantial amount of the blame.

To blood youth and take risks on some of those youth is all good and well but who do they look up to? Grimes and Trengrove will be good captains I'm sure but how do you look up to someone your own age at that level of professional sport?

To have a James McDonald type still around the club would be a major plus. Dawes, Clark, Davey etc are injury prone and not the type of leaders the club needs or needed.

Just wait for the board to come out and say they back him 100%

with 5 wins out of 32 who wouldnt back him 100%?

could of swore they were gonna come out with that line 2day but surprised they didn't

tbh Melbourne have a terrible list and none of their players have developed as they should have. Trengrove, Watts and frawley have all gone backwards and chip frawley was all-Australian a few years back I think?

Trengove has suffered from injuries and was thrown in the deep end too early. The same will happen to Viney, just look at how far James Magner has fallen from grace.

Frawley was an all australian and should've gone on to be one of the best full backs in the league but the coaching department has sent him backward thats for sure.

If they sack Neeld we'll end up with Craig and Viney coaching and that's going to have the exact same effect. Write the year off and get someone experienced at the end of season. A Leigh Matthews type who can actually have some control.

Just wait for the board to come out and say they back him 100% with 5 wins out of 32 who wouldnt back him 100%? could of swore they were gonna come out with that line 2day but surprised they didn't

Trengove has suffered from injuries and was thrown in the deep end too early. The same will happen to Viney, just look at how far James Magner has fallen from grace.

Frawley was an all australian and should've gone on to be one of the best full backs in the league but the coaching department has sent him backward thats for sure.

If they sack Neeld we'll end up with Craig and Viney coaching and that's going to have the exact same effect. Write the year off and get someone experienced at the end of season. A Leigh Matthews type who can actually have some control.

while true, he has never exactly proven that much from what I've seen of him over the years but would put him ahead of scully.

sacking neeld wont solve any problems, and if he does go, you need to have a coach that wants to coach the club, Roos has said his not interested in the job so that rules out the best candidate, and I doubt Lethal or even Choco Williams would want to either 

Just wait for the board to come out and say they back him 100% with 5 wins out of 32 who wouldnt back him 100%? could of swore they were gonna come out with that line 2day but surprised they didn't

Basically they got the pick of the kids and then decided to back there choices at the draft table in with extended long contracts, meanwhile these players were either devoid of such talent or more likely developed poorly and the club been left up creek.

I know I am not the only who thinks Jack Watts would be a half decent third tall at Geelong or Hawthorn by now.

Edit: TBH I think the popular Collingwood Coaching School that was so heralded after the the 2010 Flag is looking not so great right now as Melbourne, St Kilda, and even Collingwood aren't exactly going great guns.

Edited by cadete

Basically they got the pick of the kids and then decided to back there choices at the draft table in with extended long contracts, meanwhile these players were either devoid of such talent or more likely developed poorly and the club been left up creek.

I know I am not the only who thinks Jack Watts would be a half decent third tall at Geelong or Hawthorn by now.

Edit: TBH I think the popular Collingwood Coaching School that was so heralded after the the 2010 Flag is looking not so great right now as Melbourne, St Kilda, and even Collingwood aren't exactly going great guns.

Doesn't help when they are up to the hilt in debt, even with their "debt demolition" that got them out of it to begin with, saw recently they are looking at being in the red again this year

hell, you put any of those top draft picks into even a mid range team like North or Essendon and they would b 3x the player they are atm

Fak u Sydney. You had one job - win by under 40 pts and reap me $350. But noooo

Exact same scenario except was my final leg and was good for $575 :angry:

That's Sports Betting for you if you ask me...

Was gonna be a smartarse and quote this yesterday while saying 'if this is the case then Richmond are morals to win tonight as West Coast is my last pick in FootyTab margins this week.' Thinking that Richmond had no chance winning last night.

On the ball cadete.

Go tiges.

Where is Marty's Ladder now? Stil existing. We have some good percentage boosters coming up so stay tuned :up:

I'm gonna be hunting for some serious weak blood on Monday. Feels like a long time we seriously punished a team, never seen a more vulnerable team in my whole life.

Chapman out for over a month. Party at mine  :)

Whatever mate - His been out for over a month already not that its effected our results or ladder position in a meaningful way. :up:

And we have the ability to nurse him into form just prior to the finals.

Edited by cadete

Well his a Norm Smith medalist and a BF winner in what has been obv a pretty good side...

Notably he won that BF in our shit 06 season, as back in those days it was common to feel some games that Chappy was the only one putting in...

There is no doubt when he has retired he will be referred to as a Geelong Past Great.

Edited by cadete

A terrible goal umpiring decision decides yet another game...

Hate this attitude. For 150 years we have respected the human fallibility of the decisions made between the sticks and that the rub of the green goes both ways. The fact we even considered implementing video technology let alone went and did it demonstrates how precious the sporting public has become and the need for over the top, unrealistic accountability due to the influence of sports betting.

It's the umpire's call. GET OVER IT! He got one wrong but they get %99 of them completely spot on in real time with 90,000 cunts breathing down their necks without the slow motion hindsight we all get on tv to replay a thousand times and pull apart their call.

And before you say "how would you like it if it cost your team a premiership?". It did in 97 and I still think we should respect the decision of the official who makes the call. 

/rant

• Like 6

Hate this attitude. For 150 years we have respected the human fallibility of the decisions made between the sticks and that the rub of the green goes both ways. The fact we even considered implementing video technology let alone went and did it demonstrates how precious the sporting public has become and the need for over the top, unrealistic accountability due to the influence of sports betting. It's the umpire's call. GET OVER IT! He got one wrong but they get %99 of them completely spot on in real time with 90,000 cunts breathing down their necks without the slow motion hindsight we all get on tv to replay a thousand times and pull apart their call. And before you say "how would you like it if it cost your team a premiership?". It did in 97 and I still think we should respect the decision of the official who makes the call.  /rant

It's not about video technology, it's about a stock standard decision not being made IMO.

Hate this attitude. For 150 years we have respected the human fallibility of the decisions made between the sticks and that the rub of the green goes both ways. The fact we even considered implementing video technology let alone went and did it demonstrates how precious the sporting public has become and the need for over the top, unrealistic accountability due to the influence of sports betting. It's the umpire's call. GET OVER IT! He got one wrong but they get %99 of them completely spot on in real time with 90,000 cunts breathing down their necks without the slow motion hindsight we all get on tv to replay a thousand times and pull apart their call. And before you say "how would you like it if it cost your team a premiership?". It did in 97 and I still think we should respect the decision of the official who makes the call. /rant It's not about video technology, it's about a stock standard decision not being made IMO.What also bugged me was the fact that Garlett himself didn't argue or contest the decision.

So proud of my bomber boys last night, showed some real character last night snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Umpires were shit, what is the point of a review system if they aren't going to use it? Betts 'goal' nearly cost us last night.

Also I'm getting on the kommer bandwagon, the guy just gives 100% effort all the time. Same as Baguley, good pick ups they have been. Danihier was completely out of place last night. Was a bad game to bring him in tbh

So proud of my bomber boys last night, showed some real character last night snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Umpires were shit, what is the point of a review system if they aren't going to use it? Betts 'goal' nearly cost us last night.

Also I'm getting on the kommer bandwagon, the guy just gives 100% effort all the time. Same as Baguley, good pick ups they have been. Danihier was completely out of place last night. Was a bad game to bring him in tbh

Betts' 'goal' was rightfully deemed a goal. All of the ball hadn't crossed the line and if there was a review, I'm sure the goal would have been paid.

ffs north melbourne. Miserable game, season basically over now. Should tank from here on in - not that we're finding it difficult to lose games or anything though.

But, then again, ain't nobody seen a percentage like ours at 4-7.

Edited by Che