Melbourne Football

jason davidson

goawayvictory

Haven't followed his career too closely but looked decent whenever I've seen him play for national team. Any reason he hasn't been getting a lot of game time at West Brom?

Not good enough, he was the reason for a few goals at the WC due to poor positioning, should have satayed in Holland where he was playing every game.

I read he had a couple of poor games for WB, but it's ment Behich has all but claimed LB as his own for the NT. #silverlining

Couldn't see him having any interest in coming to the A-League at this stage of his career. Regardless of the fact he's struggling for game time at WBA he'd be good enough to get first team football in a European league of higher quality/which pays more than the A-League. Not happening.

• Like 1

Couldn't see him having any interest in coming to the A-League at this stage of his career. Regardless of the fact he's struggling for game time at WBA he'd be good enough to get first team football in a European league of higher quality/which pays more than the A-League. Not happening.

could the connection to Man city be exciting for him then?

could the connection to Man city be exciting for him then?

I wouldn't think so. I don't think Jason Davidson has the quality to ever play for a club like Man City and he probably knows that. Why waste time playing down here on a lower wage and with lower exposure (and competing with a dude who plays in Europe for the national team LB spot) when you could be loaned/sold to a Championship level club in England (probably his current level imo) or a first division side in another European league? Just doesn't make sense to me.

The CFG connection, at this stage, is going to be most appealing to teenagers looking to get the best possible start in Australia or older players who may want to transition into some sort of backroom role after retirement and see this as a perfect way to get into a good structure.

Edited by King Malta

0% chance, we have no room in the cap for someone one EPL wages. Realistically we'd have to offload a few of our highest earners under the cap to even come close to what he is earning. Even then he'd be an idiot if he came back to the A-League when he'd be able to get a gig in some of the 2nd tier leagues in Europe.

0% chance, we have no room in the cap for someone one EPL wages. Realistically we'd have to offload a few of our highest earners under the cap to even come close to what he is earning. Even then he'd be an idiot if he came back to the A-League when he'd be able to get a gig in some of the 2nd tier leagues in Europe.

Yeah. Supporting an A-League side is a bit like supporting a Sheffield Shield team. If the guy has talent, it's pretty selfish to expect him to stay at this lower level and not see how far he can go with his football.

I guess if he has Asian Cup aspirations, it might not be out of the realms of possibility that he'll come home for a few matches leading in to it. But surely he wouldn't stick around after that? Which would make it a band aid and we'd have exactly the same problems waiting for us when we return in February. Would rather give a kid or two a go. He looks far from being the long-term answer, but I think the time has well and truly come to give Garuccio another crack at it. Give him a start and see how he goes. There's nothing to lose.

Too many folks over rate playing in Europe imo. 

By far the biggest difference imo is the lack of a salary cap and the massive wages players get compared to here. 

Michael Zullo was nothing special when he came back to the A League on loan last season.

Mind you Jason Davidson would certainly be better than what we've got.

But I very much doubt he would be as good as Aziz Behich was for us.

Too many folks over rate playing in Europe imo.

By far the biggest difference imo is the lack of a salary cap and the massive wages players get compared to here.

Michael Zullo was nothing special when he came back to the A League on loan last season.

Mind you Jason Davidson would certainly be better than what we've got.

But I very much doubt he would be as good as Aziz Behich was for us.

Anything is better at LB than Ramsay at the moment

• 5 months later...

No chance for A League. Not yet. And he is good and still very young.

I have a Dutch mate who looked at the Heracles fan forum after last year's world cup. The fans could not understand what the fuss about Davidson was as he was not a regular starter and really was not that impressive. I will re-state that Ange gets the best out of his players. Club coaches so far don't seem to be able to extract from Davidson what AP has.

To be blunt about it, he played semi regularly at a mid table Dutch club, a league that is very weak once you go past the top 2 or 3 teams, and then he couldn't get a game at a lower premier league club. The kid needs to pull his head in, I personally don't even think he'd be a standout if he played here in the a league. Think about when Zullo came back to Adelaide.

To be blunt about it, he played semi regularly at a mid table Dutch club, a league that is very weak once you go past the top 2 or 3 teams, and then he couldn't get a game at a lower premier league club. The kid needs to pull his head in, I personally don't even think he'd be a standout if he played here in the a league. Think about when Zullo came back to Adelaide.

You mean when zullo was regularly injured?

Jason has worked very hard from a very young age to get where he is. I don't think his 'daddy' would be the one signing him up. By the way did you ever see his 'daddy' play?

I have many times.

Davo Snr was a class act on the field. Rarely beaten. Gentleman off it.

Doubt he would be getting entrenched in his sons contract negotiations.

Jason has worked very hard from a very young age to get where he is. I don't think his 'daddy' would be the one signing him up. By the way did you ever see his 'daddy' play?

I have many times.

Davo Snr was a class act on the field. Rarely beaten. Gentleman off it.

Doubt he would be getting entrenched in his sons contract negotiations.

but he has played at a high enough level to have some contacts, that he could have a "chat over coffee"