Melbourne Football

VCE homework help and emotional support thread

marteaux

• 1 month later...

Need help with my year 12 English oral.

The topic is "asylum seekers should be accepted by Australia"

I just need a couple more points to talk about.

for - because over years, previous migrants and seekers have been accepted and are now known as "australian" more-so than migrants or seekers ie. europeans first then the asian movement and more recently the influx of africans

kinda did a similar topic, its not much but all i can remember/give

Need help with my year 12 English oral.

The topic is "asylum seekers should be accepted by Australia"

I just need a couple more points to talk about.

Argue that Australia shouldn't accept asylum seekers. Do it and do it well and you'll be the only one in your class who gets an A+ but I guess it depends on your teacher.

I love it when oral topics aren't even questions with two sides, but just mere points of discussion.

• Like 1

Has anyone here studied 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' at school? Seems like an interesting story.

Also I've noticed a lot of the VCE texts involve minorities (in aus). Like this year we studied stories involving Asians and Muslims. And in year 12 we're studying another story that has strong Islamic theme. Anyone know why this is?

Has anyone here studied 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' at school? Seems like an interesting story.

Also I've noticed a lot of the VCE texts involve minorities (in aus). Like this year we studied stories involving Asians and Muslims. And in year 12 we're studying another story that has strong Islamic theme. Anyone know why this is?

Because they're often far more interesting with more talking points - especially for context essays - than boring White Australian literature. Be thankful for it.

• Like 1

Once upon a time I made an oral in March this year about whether the burqa should be banned or not in Australia, boy that infuriated many people, and threw them over the edge that I received an A for it. ;)

Probably would have done better in English if had trolling opportunities like this

• Like 1

the more and more i am indoctrinated into VCE studies and acknowledge the mounds of work ahead in regards to university etc, dropping out of year nine (jk) and pursuing a career as a master painter for 90 dollars an hour seems rather appealing...

Edited by macri

the more and more i am indoctrinated into VCE studies and acknowledge the mounds of work ahead in regards to university etc, dropping out of year nine (jk) and pursuing a career as a master painter for 90 dollars an hour seems rather appealing...

$90 an hour would be the amount the client is billed, even if your self employed that does not mean you make $90 an hour.

• Like 2

ATAR 79

Was shattered that this score doesn't fit in any of my current preferences, but I'm slowly starting to embrace it.

Year 12 is literally the biggest waste of time in human history. I don't understand how the government can assess your intelligence on a whole bunch of knowledge you'll never use again in your life. There are always pathways to get into what you want, like my mate who got 55 but now finds himself studying medicine at vic uni. He had to work he ass off to get there, but basically mate if your willing to work hard you'll get there! Still can't beleive your

unhappy with your score, fucken shits all over mine!

• Like 1

ATAR 79

Was shattered that this score doesn't fit in any of my current preferences, but I'm slowly starting to embrace it.

Year 12 is literally the biggest waste of time in human history. I don't understand how the government can assess your intelligence on a whole bunch of knowledge you'll never use again in your life. There are always pathways to get into what you want, like my mate who got 55 but now finds himself studying medicine at vic uni. He had to work he ass off to get there, but basically mate if your willing to work hard you'll get there! Still can't beleive your

well like I said, I was disappointed that this score does not fit with all the 12 preferences I listed, and I am sure it applies to everyone with what ever score in the same position I'm in, but already i have found courses I can get accepted in, talked to uni mates on how to work my way around to get into courses I want in the first place, making progress.

I also know OF someone who got an atar of 50 and completing a masters degree in pharmacy. I'm pretty happy what I'm looking at.

I just hope that I would get selected first time from the middle band seeing as there are courses I like just 2 points higher than my ATAR

Edited by Young Polak

ATAR 79

well like I said, I was disappointed that this score does not fit with all the 12 preferences I listed, and I am sure it applies to everyone with what ever score in the same position I'm in, but already i have found courses I can get accepted in, talked to uni mates on how to work my way around to get into courses I want in the first place, making progress.

I also know OF someone who got an atar of 50 and completing a masters degree in pharmacy. I'm pretty happy what I'm looking at.

I just hope that I would get selected first time from the middle band seeing as there are courses I like just 2 points higher than my ATAR

Yeah mate you should get it easily then coz they are just a guide, i got into my current course that have 5 points higher than my ATAR

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

How did you go? Get into the courses you all wanted?

Got into Business (sport management) at deakin. The clearly in was like 81

keen as fuark for this, seems pretty awesome

Doing the exact same thing at Ballarat lol.

It's fucking awesome boys, in my first year I had the opportunity to flog La Trobe uni at a heart match, which sent me onto the field, as well as meet some club officials. Could have applied to help run an FFV competition, but it would have conflicted with work, so I couldn't do it for that year.

Also get sent every job opportunity that has to do with sport, got paid over $30 an hour to coach some kids in football.

Just push through the boring shit like the sport policy and accounting, and become buddies with everyone possible, especially the tutors and lecturers. It's amazing who you'll see at various events, and what that leads to.

Curious to know every single career opportunity you can get with this course, I know some, but looking through some of the subjects it has shown such as sport marketing.

Might be a very long shot but I have been dreaming for some time working at the Melbourne heart headquarters, in a marketing department more specific etc.

http://www.deakin.ed...ntinue=Continue

Edited by Young Polak

Curious to know every single career opportunity you can get with this course, I know some, but looking through some of the subjects it has shown such as sport marketing.

Might be a very long shot but I have been dreaming for some time working at the Melbourne heart headquarters, in a marketing department more specific etc.

Can be anything from running an indoor sports centre to doing admin at a top sport club. Just depends on what you like, and how much you want to achieve. One thing I've been told is that it's unlikely to earn big bucks, you do it more for the fun. Most of my tutors had travelled around the world to work at various sporting events, so it certainly can be an interesting career.

If you want to work for the club, I suggest moving to la trobe. I know there's a running joke that the club is run by interns, but there actually are opportunities to work with the club, mostly in the later years. The highest achieving students are offered an internship as well.

Can be anything from running an indoor sports centre to doing admin at a top sport club. Just depends on what you like, and how much you want to achieve. One thing I've been told is that it's unlikely to earn big bucks, you do it more for the fun. Most of my tutors had travelled around the world to work at various sporting events, so it certainly can be an interesting career.

If you want to work for the club, I suggest moving to la trobe. I know there's a running joke that the club is run by interns, but there actually are opportunities to work with the club, mostly in the later years. The highest achieving students are offered an internship as well.

Well i'll just see how this course will turn out for me, might have me thinking differently once I start it