Melbourne Football

VCE homework help and emotional support thread

marteaux

Media teacher just showed us the video clip to Come To Daddy - Aphex Twin (quite funny as terrace music guru Ando has told me to listen to their stuff) and has tasked us to create something similiar in Music Video form to a song of our choice. Me and my friend have come up with some pretty cool stuff we want to include, and we've got the means to create it we just need a location and a good song. We want to scare the fuck out of every class that watches it, but I need some help with

-picking the song

-finding good locations to film

We want dark alleyways, abandoned factories, drains and any other spooky Melbourne landscapes, can any of you guys help out?

For you who haven't seen the Aphex Twin video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0

-picking the song

We want dark alleyways, abandoned factories, drains and any other spooky Melbourne landscapes, can any of you guys help out?

I hear the Precinct or the Dickens is pretty spooky. Lots of gang rapes may have happened behind those walls.

• Like 1

Eng Lang 3/4

Basically utilise the terms metalanguage, lexicon, lexeme or lexical item etc in essays. The most frustrating thing about this subject is you have to learn a new language (metalanguage) to study english. The curriculum we used had us collecting the same articles from different newspapers and comparing the language used. This was a semester long collection that was used as one SAC result.

If you can remember all the little things like phonemes, morphemes, verbs, euphemisms and dysphemisms you can pretty much just structure some fairly decent essays. I found this subject a little stressful, but I think it was all in my head. Having a linguist mark your work and not just an english teacher made me really nervous and I over thought things too much. The best essay I wrote was my exam one because my over critical bitch of a teacher wasn't marking it or commenting on my personal lifestyle choices during the exam like she did in class.

Edited by Alloid

Basically utilise the terms metalanguage, lexicon, lexeme or lexical item etc in essays. The most frustrating thing about this subject is you have to learn a new language (metalanguage) to study english. The curriculum we used had us collecting the same articles from different newspapers and comparing the language used. This was a semester long collection that was used as one SAC result.

If you can remember all the little things like phonemes, morphemes, verbs, euphemisms and dysphemisms you can pretty much just structure some fairly decent essays. I found this subject a little stressful, but I think it was all in my head. Having a linguist mark your work and not just an english teacher made me really nervous and I over thought things too much. The best essay I wrote was my exam one because my over critical bitch of a teacher wasn't marking it or commenting on my personal lifestyle choices during the exam like she did in class.

Metalanguage is now a large part of the standard English course too.

My teacher hated it, but thankfully she was actually good at teaching (though she had terrible people skills and an even worse attitude) and our class did alright with it.

Media teacher just showed us the video clip to Come To Daddy - Aphex Twin (quite funny as terrace music guru Ando has told me to listen to their stuff) and has tasked us to create something similiar in Music Video form to a song of our choice. Me and my friend have come up with some pretty cool stuff we want to include, and we've got the means to create it we just need a location and a good song. We want to scare the fuck out of every class that watches it, but I need some help with

-picking the song

For you who haven't seen the Aphex Twin video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0

There's some decent dark ends near Macauly train station, near the notorious FCUK sign.

• Like 1

Abandoned Brick factory in Mont Albert/Boxhill, short walk from Box hill station, plenty of holes in the fence to get in. Walked in there with the dog, but it was pretty dark, didnt want him or myself to fall into a hole or something so we left:

http://g.co/maps/22vfd

Old California Hotel over the road from Xavier, havent been passed it for a while, unsure if its been bulldozed or not:

http://g.co/maps/u84j5

Maybe checkout some of these Supposed tunnels for inspiration:

http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_details.php?id=3082

Also what is your deadline for this project? Can prob help with music

About 8 weeks. It's the bulk of Outcome 1 in the first unit.

Thanks for the offer to lend me some of his work, but I wouldn't want to trouble you as I probably could hunt most of it down on YouTube.

Thanks for all the locations guys, much appreciated. Keep them coming if possible.

• 1 month later...

Holiday homework essay topics, help would be appreciated. Will pay back in general love and fb sluts.

MEDIA:

"Popular TV shows will always tend to support the dominant values of the era in which they were made. With reference to atleast two texts from difference eras, discuss the extent to which you believe this to be true"

POLITICS:

"To what extent is Australia a 'model of democracy'? Discuss with reference to atleast three key areas of the Australian political system."

Any kind of help whether it be in regards to layout, or just pointers - plz help. These are my two strongest classes so would like to do well.

Thanks chaps! :wub:

I reckon you should chose "Happy Days" as one of the shows if you want a good mark and to makes things easier for your self in the media assignment.

There would also be a hell of a lot written on The Simpsons, so if you were running out of time you chose that otherwise probably steer clear as your teacher will probably read about the Simpsons in at least half of the papers.

"To what extent is Australia a 'model of democracy'? Discuss with reference to atleast three key areas of the Australian political system."

One of the areas you might want to talk about is how people are forced to show up at a voting location on election day, is it more democratic because it ensures more people vote, or less because people are almost forced to vote.

Purely because its something that happens in Australia and not a lot of other places.

Edited by Tesla

Don't forget to mention Australia's bipartisan system

If you dont like this then been glad we have this as this rule BELOW alongside Proportion Rep in the Senate is how our nation has other parties unlike the UK and USA.

One of the areas you might want to talk about is how people are forced to show up at a voting location on election day, is it more democratic because it ensures more people vote, or less because people are almost forced to vote.

Purely because its something that happens in Australia and not a lot of other places.

If you dont like this then been glad we have this as this rule BELOW alongside Proportion Rep in the Senate is how our nation has other parties unlike the UK

UK has 3 major parties though, and quite a lot of parties with parliament seats so thats actually not correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Holiday homework essay topics, help would be appreciated. Will pay back in general love and fb sluts.

MEDIA:

"Popular TV shows will always tend to support the dominant values of the era in which they were made. With reference to atleast two texts from difference eras, discuss the extent to which you believe this to be true"

POLITICS:

Any kind of help whether it be in regards to layout, or just pointers - plz help. These are my two strongest classes so would like to do well.

Thanks chaps! :wub:

Bump, help plz.

For media, perhaps look at Bewitched and I dream of Jeannie.

Demonstrates the lack of equality between the sexes, and the typical roles of the standard family from back then. Whenever watching, I find myself giggling at the stuff that would be heavily frowned upon now, but was the norm back then. Shitty show, but I feel it relates to the topic.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes.

And by done I mean spent 3 days before the exam learning the whole subject after not attending any lectures/tutorials. Therefore not sure if I remember anything, but I can try help you?

Did you have an Assignment?

I'm supposed to be doing an 'Audit Plan' and the second part of it is 'Understanding internal control'. I have been given the company to look at (Australia Pacific Airports Corporation) but got NFI as to how I'm supposed to find out more about their "Control Environment', 'Risk-assessment process', 'monitoring of controls' etc. other than their website and financial report. TBH, don't even know how I am supposed to format it, can't find any examples on the net of an 'Audit Plan' which matches anything from my Textbook.

Seriously one of the first times I have been stumped during Uni.

Did just realise I was supposed to be looking at the 2010 Report rather than 2011 (Good ol' up to date VU) which actually has an audit opinion and a bit more info than the 2011 one so I think I am getting on the right track now. Anyways, will go see my Lecturer tomorrow morning anyway to discuss/tellmewhatthefuckihavetodoyouvietkent.

Is it actually a situation you have to find the internal controls etc. they actually use or is it a case of making up BS in terms of what controls/risks etc. would be relevant to their company?

Because I doubt you will find that information on their website or financial reports.

Edited by Tesla

I'm guessing it would be a case of making up BS (I hope), but now that I have read through the text a bit more there is a few diagrams & flowcharts of example accounting systems.

Just seen this now as well. "Information on the organisation's internal control structure can be obtained by looking at the relevant section in the annual report, materials published on the entity website and comparing them to the Principles of Good Corporate Governance and Best Practice Recommendations published by the ASX Corporate Governance Council"

Sweet. Think I have it sorted now, will go see Lecturer tomorrow to confirm I'm doing everything right.

• 4 weeks later...