Melbourne Football

A-LEAGUE Double Winner Naoki Tsubaki

Deluka

12 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Naoki Tsubaki returning to Japan after his loan stint has ended with  City. 

FFF36ED8-CDA0-4535-9235-9A3F72D3C410.jpeg

Let’s wait for an official announcement. It’s fairly common for overseas players to go home for a bit during off season and return when preseason starts, if he resigns of course.

Edited by Mr MO

45 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Let’s wait for an official announcement. It’s fairly common for overseas players to go home for a bit during off season and return when preseason starts, if he resigns of course.

Absolutely we must, for all our out-of-contract players. I would imagine that with the Cup match in August we would be getting the players back in no later than mid-July for pre-season.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Highly doubt he’s returning with pre season starting in August. 

25 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I think he’s gone but it is common for foreigners to go home during the off season. 

They do but with such a short off season of only a month doubt if players go overseas they probably won’t return.

highly doubt we would renew Tsubaki loan as you can see he wasn’t in Kisnorbo plans and not on GF bench. Would like to see more of Borges Rodrigues anyway. 

With Florin and Luna off contract only position we need to strengthen is attacking midfield and midfield. Interesting to see if Luna stays I think it would be doubtful and completely understandable if he goes back to his family overseas 

22 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

They do but with such a short off season of only a month doubt if players go overseas they probably won’t return.

highly doubt we would renew Tsubaki loan as you can see he wasn’t in Kisnorbo plans and not on GF bench. Would like to see more of Borges Rodrigues anyway. 

With Florin and Luna off contract only position we need to strengthen is attacking midfield and midfield. Interesting to see if Luna stays I think it would be doubtful and completely understandable if he goes back to his family overseas 

I hope Luna can stay if the club wants him to. I don't envy him having to deal with the Department of Home Affairs (Immigration) about his situation. As someone currently dealing with that authority, it ain't easy.

• Like 1

While it can be said he had very little impact for a visa player I certainly do not think he was a failure. Provided good depth and clearly always had a crack when he was on and will now go down in history as a part of our first every championship winning squad. We also would’ve gotten more use out of him if we hadn’t pulled out of the ACL and if the FFA cup went ahead. At just 21 I can definitley see him becoming someone in the J-League and perhaps one day we’ll run into him again in the Champions league and be reminded that oh this guy used to play for us  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deluka said:

Club has confirmed his departure, while there wasn’t a huge amount of value added I do hope we continue to delve into the Asian market (I’m sure we will with ACL qualification)

Nice touch to farewell him in Japanese too.  I agree that it would do us no harm to explore the Asian market season by season. Safuwan was a success story, and as already mentioned Tsubaki wasn't a failure. I also feel that it doesn't hurt the club's off-field profile to have a good young player from the region on our books.

• Like 1

To call him a failure is too harsh but he was just ok. Not really his fault; it was a free swing of sorts and if he turned out to be a genuine talent then we would’ve been even better than we were but as it turns out, we didn’t need him to be a star. 

Maybe we could go after a player like Nam Tae-hee if we are wanting an AFC player. Probably not much money left in the cap.

• Like 2