Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby Chants - PLEASE LEARN

Fingman

i reckon the call and response one would be a good one to try to get going at both ends of the ground for home games to try to bring the other half into the chants. possibly if a capo (looks like we have a couple!) and a group of active could go over to the swan st end around the same time every game (don't know when would be appropriate but it might be a night thing to do, say, every 60th minute) and get the call and response chant happening. would be a good first step in getting the whole crowd involved with chants. don't know how it'd go but maybe something to consider for next friday night.

Edited by hyperfuzz
  • Like 1

Hyperfuzz

I think it's a great idea but ATM we need to have south end gel a little more and to get all 3 active bays chanting together proud and loud.

After that I totally agree with your suggestion.

A sleeper cell on the north side to get GA joining in

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

Hi guys ... Amazing ...

Just from experience in Chile some years ago... We found the best way for everyone to get familiar with the song was to sing it non-stop on the way to the nominated stadium gate and then we would wait at the gate as all the supporters gathered and we would start the chants.. It sounds great and people pick it up quick...

If the leaders nominate a gate and all City Supporters gather there first before entering the stadium...

Should be awesome!!!

Victory have already done the first one for years with almost the exact same words...

actually its completely different they have something that is remotely close to this but its completely different!

No A league club terrace has done this which is what I like ORIGINALITY and CREATIVITY!

Lets get behind it ladies and gentlemen. :)

Edited by elieanid
  • Like 4

That first chant you posted up will be awesome. Can't wait to see how we sound and hopefully they put us up on the big screen too. 

The second one will be the most likely to flop I guess because it depends largely on how many people are up on the top level and how loud they are. But I like the idea and perhaps the chant could be used at AAMI with the terrace being split in two. 

FWIW, I quite like the chant in the first video that the opposition side are singing right before the sha la la chant kicks in. At about 1:05 in the video. Just my 3 cents  :up:

I know we didn't quite pull this off but I really want this to happen for this coming Friday's match.

For the first chant, we should NOT try this when everyone are standing on seats. Give signal that we are going to do this so that we can get off out seats and make this happen. The last thing I want is to get anyone in the Active area gets injured! You are our asset , much too precious for you to miss our games and not lending your voice.

Good effort tho.. at least we got the 3rd level standing and singing!! Love the atmosphere.