Melbourne Football

The Frank Lampard thread

Parrot

The man is copping some heat for calling out some yanks a few years ago... Fuck NY, just join Melbourne, lad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10981007/Frank-Lampard-under-fire-from-New-Yorkers-for-911-insensitivity.html

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11? Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind you

Furthermore, while I can't begin to understand what it would be like for those grieving at the time there are incidents happening around the world all the time it doesn't mean peoples lives need to stop, maybe Frankie could have gone about things differently but at the end of the day he was in his country celebrating some win of some sorts from reports it seem he didn't abuse them directly really imo let it go he apologized profusely since

Edited by drewmelbcity
  • Like 1

The man is copping some heat for calling out some yanks a few years ago... Fuck NY, just join Melbourne, lad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10981007/Frank-Lampard-under-fire-from-New-Yorkers-for-911-insensitivity.html

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11?

Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind you

I dont see the problem then really.

Can understand that those grieving at the time didnt like it all thnat much, but this is a bit too much.

I didnt take in at the time it happened how big this actually was when i saw the whole thing happen on TV. Dont think Lampard after a few drinks would of either.

Hopefully this works in our favor and he comes to us for a full season.

Bloody Yanks

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11? Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind you

Can understand that those grieving at the time didnt like it all thnat much, but this is a bit too much.

I didnt take in at the time it happened how big this actually was when i saw the whole thing happen on TV. Dont think Lampard after a few drinks would of either.

Bloody Yanks

Don't get me wrong I love Americans my cousins live in Jersey, but to them there is USA ..........................................................and then everyone else

• Like 2

Question.

Bloody Yanks

Don't get me wrong I love Americans my cousins live in Jersey, but to them there is USA ..........................................................and then everyone else

Agreed on that one.

They seem to forget that even though the majority of deaths were Americans, there were much more countries that would effected by 9/11.

Anyways i think Lampard would be reconsidering this move to be honest. Would be almost like Suarez considering a move to Man Utd lol

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11?Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind you I dont see the problem then really.

Bloody Yanks Don't get me wrong I love Americans my cousins live in Jersey, but to them there is USA ..........................................................and then everyone else

Agreed on that one.

They seem to forget that even though the majority of deaths were Americans, there were much more countries that would effected by 9/11.

Anyways i think Lampard would be reconsidering this move to be honest. Would be almost like Suarez considering a move to Man Utd lol

Too be honest I don't think he would give a shit, remember that article quotes 3 supposed supporters against lampard, there would be just the same amount of supporters for Melbourne city opposing Frank lampard for whatever reason they may come up with

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11? Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind you I dont see the problem then really.

Bloody Yanks Don't get me wrong I love Americans my cousins live in Jersey, but to them there is USA ..........................................................and then everyone else

Agreed on that one.

Too be honest I don't think he would give a shit, remember that article quotes 3 supposed supporters against lampard, there would be just the same amount of supporters for Melbourne city opposing Frank lampard for whatever reason they may come up with

The only thing i would be opposing the Lampard move is if he's only here for half a season as our International Marquee. Just cant see how that would help us win the league and thats only reason.

If he were to be here for the full season as a Marquee or half a season ona loan spell without wasting that Marquee spot, how could you know be happy with a bloke of that type of talent and experience playing for your club and this coming from a Liverpool supporter who rates Chelsea as my 3rd most hated club in football (behind Victory and Man Utd of coarse)

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11? Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind you I dont see the problem then really.

Agreed on that one.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lampard-to-nycfc.1059/page-5

They arent too pleased at all

Question.

What did he say exactly about 9/11?Nothing about 9/11 just acting like a tool in front of those grieving at the time, in his own country mind youI dont see the problem then really.

Bloody YanksDon't get me wrong I love Americans my cousins live in Jersey, but to them there is USA ..........................................................and then everyone else Agreed on that one.

Anyways i think Lampard would be reconsidering this move to be honest. Would be almost like Suarez considering a move to Man Utd lol Too be honest I don't think he would give a shit, remember that article quotes 3 supposed supporters against lampard, there would be just the same amount of supporters for Melbourne city opposing Frank lampard for whatever reason they may come up with

The only thing i would be opposing the Lampard move is if he's only here for half a season as our International Marquee. Just cant see how that would help us win the league and thats only reason.

If he were to be here for the full season as a Marquee or half a season ona loan spell without wasting that Marquee spot, how could you know be happy with a bloke of that type of talent and experience playing for your club and this coming from a Liverpool supporter who rates Chelsea as my 3rd most hated club in football (behind Victory and Man Utd of coarse)

So you like Everton?

Question.

Agreed on that one.

I can't believe they're using a Serif font on their forum - Works in a newspaper, does not work on an internet forum...

• Like 1

Question.

Bloody Yanks Don't get me wrong I love Americans my cousins live in Jersey, but to them there is USA ..........................................................and then everyone else Agreed on that one.

Anyways i think Lampard would be reconsidering this move to be honest. Would be almost like Suarez considering a move to Man Utd lol Too be honest I don't think he would give a shit, remember that article quotes 3 supposed supporters against lampard, there would be just the same amount of supporters for Melbourne city opposing Frank lampard for whatever reason they may come up with The only thing i would be opposing the Lampard move is if he's only here for half a season as our International Marquee. Just cant see how that would help us win the league and thats only reason.

If he were to be here for the full season as a Marquee or half a season ona loan spell without wasting that Marquee spot, how could you know be happy with a bloke of that type of talent and experience playing for your club and this coming from a Liverpool supporter who rates Chelsea as my 3rd most hated club in football (behind Victory and Man Utd of coarse)

So you like Everton?

To be hoonest, i dont mind them lol

Question.

Agreed on that one.

Fucking morons

'This is a poor signing' do you even soccer?

• Like 3

Same thing happened with villa, NYC announced him but when they did happen it wasn't in-conjunction with us getting him... it was like 4-6 days after and we released it on the website?

Villa was unearthed at our club to coincide with all the changes, name change, logo etc

Correct, but it wasnt the same day he signed for NYC though??

Same thing happened with villa, NYC announced him but when they did happen it wasn't in-conjunction with us getting him... it was like 4-6 days after and we released it on the website?

Villa was unearthed at our club to coincide with all the changes, name change, logo etc

Correct, but it wasnt the same day he signed for NYC though??

Nope like you said a few days after I dunno I have a bad feeling about lampard

Villa was unearthed at our club to coincide with all the changes, name change, logo etc Correct, but it wasnt the same day he signed for NYC though??

In the Villa release though they did say that he would be loaned to "an unnamed" club until the MLS season starts, or something to that effect.

Villa was unearthed at our club to coincide with all the changes, name change, logo etcCorrect, but it wasnt the same day he signed for NYC though?? Nope like you said a few days after I dunno I have a bad feeling about lampard

In the Villa release though they did say that he would be loaned to "an unnamed" club until the MLS season starts, or something to that effect.

Uh yes now I remember

Villa was unearthed at our club to coincide with all the changes, name change, logo etc Correct, but it wasnt the same day he signed for NYC though??

And I think the David Villa arrangement sets the precedent. At the very least, someone will ask NYC the question of whether he's coming here at the press conference. They almost certainly won't confirm or deny, but chances are we'll get a decent hint from how they respond.

That NYC forum is incredible. They literally turned on him immediately after that (let's face it) pretty nothing article was posted. Obviously none of them even remembered the incident and the article doesn't give any specific details.