Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Have the current owners not listened?

I seem to remember that all passionate Heart Supports we screaming for this club to be successful. I even remember a banner stressing no more Meritocracy...

So they are giving us a start studded team, an academy to produce young players, and I just read that the team is flying out to Manchester on Monday for a 17 day training camp. OK so all of that came at a price, Name change, and Colours (to an extent)..

The only thing we had to look forward to in the past was occasionally smashing Victory, but now we are a serious team with a vision and the envy of all...  

• Like 2

Lets keep this membership related and positive rather than why we people are not joining as there is already another thread of 150 pages discussing.

Posted over 3wks ago and now its only at 151 pages. Its dead, so no need to reopen it in another thread.

Foundation member. Just "renewed" (didn't get a membership last year however) but will be my first time in a Active Area. Suggestions on what to do, where to meet etc?

Welcome to the family Damiano. The Imperial Hotel is now your second home, you're expected there before every home game and for the away ones to enjoy and contribute to the festivities. You'll also enjoy discounted meals and drinks when you show your membership card.

At the game you're expected to stand and sing for 90 minutes with a smile on your face and hug that big burly bloke you've never met next to you when we score. You're in for a hell of a season :up:

Foundation member. Just "renewed" (didn't get a membership last year however) but will be my first time in a Active Area. Suggestions on what to do, where to meet etc?

Welcome to the family Damiano. The Imperial Hotel is now your second home, you're expected there before every home game and for the away ones to enjoy and contribute to the festivities. You'll also enjoy discounted meals and drinks when you show your membership card.

At the game you're expected to stand and sing for 90 minutes with a smile on your face and hug that big burly bloke you've never met next to you when we score. You're in for a hell of a season :up:

Thanks Jimmy, looking forward to it!

Thanks Jimmy, looking forward to it!

And after the games too!!  :up:

If anyone has the time to can they poet up our membership total compared to the other aleague clubs?

I don't think any other clubs have a counter. Some still don't even seem to have started selling memberships yet. 

See http://www.fromthestandsal.com/membershiptracker/

Only Adelaide appears to have any numbers on the board for this coming season.

2012/2013 Vs 2013/14      %         Vs 2014/15   %

June 6th:           ?,???  Vs    880                      Vs    885  (Same)

June 8th:           ?,???  Vs 1,017                      Vs 1,015 (Same)

June 16th:         ?,???  Vs 1,288                      Vs 1,816 (+40.99%)

June 25th:         ?,???  Vs 1,505                      Vs 3,022 (+100.8%)

July 4th:             ?,???  Vs 2,143                      Vs 4,288 (+100.1%)

July 17th:           ?,???  Vs 2,529                      Vs

July 31st:           ?,???  Vs 3,018                      Vs

August 16th:     3,300  Vs 3,800 (+15.15%)  Vs
August 30th:     3,650  Vs 4,272 (+17.04%)  Vs
Sept. 12th:         4,000 Vs 4,633 (+15.83%)  Vs

Day before R1: 4,750  Vs 5,908 (+24.38%)  Vs

Nov. 14th:          5,500  Vs 6,758 (+22.87%)  Vs

Nov. 29th:          5,850*Vs 6,800 (+16.24%)  Vs

Dec. 18th:          6,025  Vs 6,989 (+16.00%) Vs

Jan 7th:              ?,???  Vs 7,007^                   Vs

Feb 20th:           ?,???  Vs 7,185                      Vs

Mar 20th Total:   6583 Vs 7,307 (11.00%)    Vs

* 2012/13 - 5 game memberships released

^ 2013/14 - “4 of the best” memberships released

2s7hqn9.jpg

• Like 4

if this trend continues we could easily have 15K members come March 20th. With a 5k dropoff at Victory (they're getting nervous). Could easily see us being on an even keel (this season) with us being the stronger team come 2016-17

Edited by Damiano

I remember JD and SM saying that a marquee signing won't influence membership. The graph speaks for it's self. Nice work red or dead

And we havent even signed our marquee men yet...techncally.

How huge would it be when we sign Bresciano/Kennedy (I'm personally hoping for Cahill) and an International marquee like Xavi/Eto'o or others that have been bandied around! We will crush Victory.

image.jpg

• Like 2

June 6th:           ?,???  Vs    880                      Vs    885  (Same)

June 8th:           ?,???  Vs 1,017                      Vs 1,015 (Same)

June 16th:         ?,???  Vs 1,288                      Vs 1,816 (+40.99%)

June 25th:         ?,???  Vs 1,505                      Vs 3,022 (+100.8%)

July 4th:             ?,???  Vs 2,143                      Vs 4,288 (+100.1%)

July 17th:           ?,???  Vs 2,529                      Vs

July 31st:           ?,???  Vs 3,018                      Vs

August 16th:     3,300  Vs 3,800 (+15.15%)  Vs

August 30th:     3,650  Vs 4,272 (+17.04%)  Vs

Sept. 12th:         4,000 Vs 4,633 (+15.83%)  Vs

Day before R1: 4,750  Vs 5,908 (+24.38%)  Vs

Nov. 14th:          5,500  Vs 6,758 (+22.87%)  Vs

Nov. 29th:          5,850*Vs 6,800 (+16.24%)  Vs

Dec. 18th:          6,025  Vs 6,989 (+16.00%) Vs

Jan 7th:              ?,???  Vs 7,007^                   Vs

Feb 20th:           ?,???  Vs 7,185                      Vs

* 2012/13 - 5 game memberships released

^ 2013/14 - “4 of the best” memberships released

2s7hqn9.jpg

RoD

The final total for last season was 7315 (13th April).

RoD

The final total for last season was 7315 (13th April).

Thanks, I will update accordingly when I publish a new graph on July 17th later tonight since today is gone up again to 4310.

Edited by Red or Dead

Now 4323. The receipt for my first monthly payment rollover came in today, so maybe they're processing those rollovers now.

That wouldn't affect the number would it? That would just be the second installment from when you renewed a month ago.

My first payment also came through today (i never renewed - just the auto thingy)  

I'm willing to bet we don't surpass 10k this year - that would be to greater a jump no matter who we sign.

We should run a comp to guess final member numbers. 

My first payment also came through today (i never renewed - just the auto thingy)  

I'm willing to bet we don't surpass 10k this year - that would be to greater a jump no matter who we sign.

I think the way we will past 10,000 is a solid start to the season but I think we should be happy with over 8,000 no matter who signs it comes down to results if we push high up the table the crowds will come.

I'm willing to bet we'll have over 10k before our first home game.

What we've still got to come:

-Lampard announcement

-Our international Marquee

-Our Australian Marquee

-FFA Cup game

-Real advertisement

• Like 2

End of the day.....Melb Hearts biggest problem has always been letting down the fans on the first game of the season.....we look good and then stuff it up the first game and people on the edge don't sign up....we need to hammer Sydney FC in theFFA cup, then ppl will jump on in droves....you have to realise that the pendulum has completely swung in our favour now...as in before the neutral would always choose victory over us. it made no sense to come to us...now however more neutrals will come to us, which is great in terms of memberships.....

Edited by Damiano
  • Like 1

I'm willing to bet we'll have over 10k before our first home game.

What we've still got to come:

-Lampard announcement

-Our international Marquee

-Our Australian Marquee

-FFA Cup game

-Real advertisement

Things that make you go mmmmmmm?

maxresdefault.jpg

Now 4323. The receipt for my first monthly payment rollover came in today, so maybe they're processing those rollovers now.

That wouldn't affect the number would it? That would just be the second installment from when you renewed a month ago.

No, this was a rollover. I personally did nothing to renew.

No, this was a rollover. I personally did nothing to renew. Aaah cheers mate, must have misread that.

I remember JD and SM saying that a marquee signing won't influence membership. The graph speaks for it's self. Nice work red or dead

They are correct. It is mostly down to results and expectations of results. If city start losing games straight away then crowds will go back to heart levels. Any time heart looked like actually going on a run crowds started increasing.

• Like 2