Melbourne Football

Soccer Players Wanted

Dunkos

We are Old Melburnians Soccer Club : We are currently kicking off our pre-season campaign at Central Park Malvern and are looking for player of all ability to join our club! from Seniors to Thirds.. 

We have a new fantastic coaching panel this year with dedicated goalkeeping coaches now involved. Our Saturday Men’s sides have recently been promoted to State 3 and are looking to bolster the squads ahead of a competitive season! 

Or if you are looking for a more social game we also offer Thirds football.. 

Why not get along to training every Tuesday and Thursday @ 7pm Central Park Malvern - Get to know the Coaches and Players! have a kick, get involved! 

We offer a reduced fees for Melbourne Grammar Old Boys! 

We have a family friendly atmosphere at welcome all nationalities and skill levels! this year is proving to be an exciting year culminating with the World Cup which we will hold special screenings in the club houses!! 

Don’t Wait Get Involved!!!

• Like 1

Keen. Played League 1 last season, but I'm looking for something slightly more relaxed. 

Ando we are currently training at Central Park, Malvern 7pm drop me a mail on info@omsc.org.au and I can send you out all the details..

FWIW Central Park is in Malvern East, I know as I spent half of my childhood riding my bike and kicking the footy at that place.

What day and time do your sides play? May be interested. Also what are the rego costs likely to be, and to you have to purchase your own kit or is it supplied?

Hi Mate, Our Senior / Reserves play Saturdays 1 & 3 and Thirds play Sundays 11 & 1 ..

Fees are around $400 - strip etc provided

Which club, japiedog? I played at Dandenong for aaaages

Can you believe it !

I play ( laughingly) at Greater Dandenong Warriors

I only started playing 2 years ago, playing with and against some Anglo Indian guys who have been playing since they could walk , I'm just there for a run around, to lose some k's and keep fit.

Great game, my soccer positioning and tactical background, at least gives me a chance against these guys, even though some are still playing for Rep teams !

What day and time do your sides play? May be interested. Also what are the rego costs likely to be, and to you have to purchase your own kit or is it supplied?

Hi Mate, Our Senior / Reserves play Saturdays 1 & 3 and Thirds play Sundays 11 & 1 ..

Fees are around $400 - strip etc provided

Are you allowed to touch?

• Like 2

Can you believe it !

I only started playing 2 years ago, playing with and against some Anglo Indian guys who have been playing since they could walk , I'm just there for a run around, to lose some k's and keep fit.

Great game, my soccer positioning and tactical background, at least gives me a chance against these guys, even though some are still playing for Rep teams ! Come down on Sunday morning for the new uniform presentation, I've still got plenty of mates down there. Although I'm enjoying my new club, I do miss the Richie's Thursday night curry orders and chats with the old blokes.

The best part is everyone is your uncle! Uncle this, uncle that etc etc it's bewildering at the start but you quickly get into it!

Edited by Ando
  • Like 1

Can you believe it !

Great game, my soccer positioning and tactical background, at least gives me a chance against these guys, even though some are still playing for Rep teams ! Come down on Sunday morning for the new uniform presentation, I've still got plenty of mates down there. Although I'm enjoying my new club, I do miss the Richie's Thursday night curry orders and chats with the old blokes.

The best part is everyone is your uncle! Uncle this, uncle that etc etc it's bewildering at the start but you quickly get into it!

Ha Uncle !! Cedric !

yes there are some great blokes there

the Curry Rolls , plus the back of the car bar , as the  fundraisers for the masters playing trips to India, Sri Lanka etc

I used to wear my Heart top to training, but gave it a miss for a while, then when we finally won, I wore it again, got a few comments from the Uncles !

if i rock up on Sunday , I'll wear my Heart shirt

Can you believe it !

Ha Uncle !! Cedric !

the Curry Rolls , plus the back of the car bar , as the  fundraisers for the masters playing trips to India, Sri Lanka etc

I used to wear my Heart top to training, but gave it a miss for a while, then when we finally won, I wore it again, got a few comments from the Uncles !

You might see me around since I've been doing pre-season there but I wont be coming on sunday, although I have been playing at dandy for a while, I just came back from a 2 year absence

Edited by Young Polak

Disappointed, YP. I thought Monash would've been a great fit for you.

I appreciate that you miss me bro, but I have made plenty of mates at Dandy in my 6 years, knowing now that 4 went to my old high school and the MVP of our premiership team that you coached has come back to play. It's a big family and I never had a huge problem with them so it's hard to just leave and play for monash, and both clubs would be playing in the same division this season (?)

Edited by Young Polak

Can you believe it !

Ha Uncle !! Cedric !

You might see me around since I've been doing pre-season there but I wont be coming on sunday, although I have been playing at dandy for a while, I just came back from a 2 year absence

Hey YP , I only rock up for Monday matches now, I have an ongoing band rehearsal most Thursdays, though there is a meal night coming up on the 27th of Feb, I might miss rehearsals for that .... I wonder what the meal might be ! it's a good thing that I love curry

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 1