Melbourne Football

MHFC & MCFC shirt

charlibub

So much unwarranted criticism of the guy in the dual shirt...did it occur to you that this guy was possibly taking the piss and poking some fun at our opposition who will be shivering in their boots over the buyout and our new found potential...comments such as 'this **** should be shot' and 'wanker' etc....are simply offside...the photo in the herald shows a membership tag around his neck...are all of you throwing the criticism signed up members? and even if you are does that give you the right to tell people how they can dress on match days?

how do you want our fans and members supporters to be perceived...? the MCFC buyout is the best news our club has had since our debut game so members should be able to express their happiness, joy and relief as they please...i am a day 1 member and have been following this forum since creation...never have i commented on anything until now...to the minority who have been heckling and throwing the criticism i regarding the mock up top please stop embarrassing yourselves and our club...embrace the fact that supporters are willing to dress up, make banners, sing chants as they please...

by the way i spoke to the guy in the shirt before the game and he is an Everton FC fan....

So much unwarranted criticism of the guy in the dual shirt...did it occur to you that this guy was possibly taking the piss and poking some fun at our opposition who will be shivering in their boots over the buyout and our new found potential...comments such as 'this **** should be shot' and 'wanker' etc....are simply offside...the photo in the herald shows a membership tag around his neck...are all of you throwing the criticism signed up members? and even if you are does that give you the right to tell people how they can dress on match days?

how do you want our fans and members supporters to be perceived...? the MCFC buyout is the best news our club has had since our debut game so members should be able to express their happiness, joy and relief as they please...i am a day 1 member and have been following this forum since creation...never have i commented on anything until now...to the minority who have been heckling and throwing the criticism i regarding the mock up top please stop embarrassing yourselves and our club...embrace the fact that supporters are willing to dress up, make banners, sing chants as they please...

by the way i spoke to the guy in the shirt before the game and he is an Everton FC fan....

You probably are the guy.

I'm all for people wearing what they like.  Thats why i didn't join the insults.   There was a young dude wearing an Aguero shirt sitting near me, surrounding by his red & white family - I didn't think poorly of him.

The only criticisms I'd say is that the mixed shirt dude's timing was unthoughtful and unhelpful.  I didn't think it was a good choice on a night we were playing Sydney (blue in the crowd would only encourage them) and on a night when 90% of the supporters wanted to show our stance on our colours to the new owners. 

The problem i have with it mate is the timing. Before the game we had banners talking about how proud we are of being Melbourne heart and being red and white and than i see this flog wearing a shirt half man city half us it undermines the whole cause.

We might as well change to sky blue now than. Have some pride for the heart.

BTW if he wanted to be accurate about our new partnership he should've had a third of his shirt dedicated to NYCFC. Can't even get the shirt right.

just because we're owned by them doesn't mean we have to start dressing up in all the gear.

Edited by kingofhearts

Think outside the square guys....our colours are RED AND WHITE....the shirt was a pisstake...like an 'up yours' to the rest of ALeague...we are now part of a global brand and backing....soon it will be 'catch us if you can'....i dont think anyone missed the message from Yarraside Terrace...Our Club Our Colors....the mock up top and other etc etc in MCFC tops are adding some arrogance.....opinions will always differ but i personally think there should be more of it...i would have loved to have seen Yarraside all dressed up as Sheiks waving fake $100bills in the air....i understand your point of view but make no mistake i am certain the new owners would have seen the 7500+ Red and White fans, Crowd Noise, Excitement, Anticipation and thinking to themselves...how can we make this even better....!!!

most of them are in the dark humour and hot chick thread, so i guess so.

you have 4 posts, and they are all on defending some dickhole who is either mentally handicapped or complete dickhole.

that said, maybe 2300 of them were spent on calling people out (rightfully) for being dickholes.

Edited by marteaux

you have 4 posts, and they are all on defending some dickhole who is either mentally handicapped or complete dickhole.

that said, maybe 2300 of them were spent on calling people out (rightfully) for being dickholes.

I am not defending any individual rather embracing their passion...your way of expressing your views are mindless, insulting and non forgiving...you calling someone mentally handicapped or a dickhole is hopefully regarded by our fans reading this forum post as the minority fan...you certainly would not speak on behalf of a majority of our members using terminology like that...you call yourself out...dont highlight others....

I am not defending any individual rather embracing their passion...your way of expressing your views are mindless, insulting and non forgiving...you calling someone mentally handicapped or a dickhole is hopefully regarded by our fans reading this forum post as the minority fan...you certainly would not speak on behalf of a majority of our members using terminology like that...you call yourself out...dont highlight others....

you're a dickhole

I'm all for people wearing what they like.  Thats why i didn't join the insults.   There was a young dude wearing an Aguero shirt sitting near me, surrounding by his red & white family - I didn't think poorly of him.

The only criticisms I'd say is that the mixed shirt dude's timing was unthoughtful and unhelpful.  I didn't think it was a good choice on a night we were playing Sydney (blue in the crowd would only encourage them) and on a night when 90% of the supporters wanted to show our stance on our colours to the new owners. 

Agree with this (except for the last bit, which I will get to). I just assumed that most of the people wearing City shirts were Sydney FC fans, or locals who weren't Heart fans. Either way, good luck to them. The guy's apparently a member and he can wear what he likes, as far as I'm concerned. Although it's not something I'd do and seems to be a bit on the attention-seeker side of things, each to their own. It would have been good as well, if they'd taken into account that we were playing against a sky blue team on the night and maybe just held off on it until the next game at AAMI (same for the Heart fans who did wear City tops). On balance, we had, what, a 50% increase in the attendance from the previous home game, so I don't really care what they were dressed in.

The problem i have with it mate is the timing. Before the game we had banners talking about how proud we are of being Melbourne heart and being red and white and than i see this flog wearing a shirt half man city half us it undermines the whole cause.

We might as well change to sky blue now than. Have some pride for the heart.

BTW if he wanted to be accurate about our new partnership he should've had a third of his shirt dedicated to NYCFC. Can't even get the shirt right.

just because we're owned by them doesn't mean we have to start dressing up in all the gear.

I don't think that's fair. Personally, I did make an effort to change into a Heart shirt after work, where six weeks ago, I probably would have just rocked up in my work clothes, because I think it's important that we keep red and white as our primary colours. But that doesn't mean I have the right to impose that opinion on any other supporter of the club, especially not another member.

Think outside the square guys....our colours are RED AND WHITE....the shirt was a pisstake...like an 'up yours' to the rest of ALeague...we are now part of a global brand and backing....soon it will be 'catch us if you can'....i dont think anyone missed the message from Yarraside Terrace...Our Club Our Colors....the mock up top and other etc etc in MCFC tops are adding some arrogance.....opinions will always differ but i personally think there should be more of it...i would have loved to have seen Yarraside all dressed up as Sheiks waving fake $100bills in the air....i understand your point of view but make no mistake i am certain the new owners would have seen the 7500+ Red and White fans, Crowd Noise, Excitement, Anticipation and thinking to themselves...how can we make this even better....!!!

God, I hope you're joking...

This thread is fucking pointless, but here's my bit.

Timing was poor. Even if it wasn't his intention, it has been widely noticed in comparison to the terrace made banner in support of our colours. I realise this probably wasn't on purpose, but it's a sensitive time for a large majority of supporters, and this was always going to create strong feelings.

If it was as you say 'taking the piss', there are so many better ways to give shit to the opposition about being rich. The two shirts is a fairly abstract way of getting this message across, and there should be no surprise at the apparent misunderstanding and the resulting comments.

Finally, it's also incredibly flog worthy FFS. At least I now know who to go to for my half half scarf when we play a friendly against our owners :droy:

• Like 1