Alex Brosque – FW

Substitutes

Danny Vukovic (GK)

Mark Milligan (CB)

Luke De Vere (CB)

James Brown (MF)

Nick Carle (MF)

Mate Dugandzic (FW)

That up there is Ross Aloisi's squad, he also rates Aziz as a chance...

Full suad will be announced soon, looking forward to it.

The squad:

M.BRESCIANO

A.BROSQUE

N.CARLE

D.CARNEY

B.EMERTON

H.KEWELL

M.MARRONE

M.MILLIGAN

L.NEILL

J.NORTH

S.OGNENOVSKI

E.PAARTALU

M.RYAN

A.SAROTA

M.SCHWARZER

M.SPIRANOVIC

A.THOMPSON

M.THWAITE

J.TROISI

Stupid squad, far to strong for a dead rubber, and definitelly not picked on merit.

From the FFA website, news item headed 'Osieck names stars to take on Saudi Arabia':

'Football Federation Australia (FFA) can also advise that due to a FIFA ruling both matches in Group D will kick-off simultaneously at 8.30pm AEDT.

FFA would like to thank the Football Associations of Saudi Arabia, Thailand and Oman for their enormous co-operation in agreeing to reschedule the kick-off time originally advised by FIFA for 9.30pm AEDT.'

'Football Federation Australia (FFA) can also advise that due to a FIFA ruling both matches in Group D will kick-off simultaneously at 8.30pm AEDT.

Well done FFA. Will not need to perform a 1 man riot now. Still a late night for our youngest but "I'm confident my missus can handle things the next day" (well she's confident anyway). Looking forward to seeing Bresc play, will be nice not to have to boo Harry and will be fantastic to see one of OUR BOYS run out in the green and gold!

• Like 1

thought the home crowd was pretty ordinary given the size, we seem to struggle to support the national teams chant wise. Ends up being more of an afl atmosphere. On the other hand, the saudi fans, despite us outnumbering them probably 10-15 to 1, were awesome. as far as opposition fans go that is.

Our Derby's have a far better atmosphere in my view, a lot to do with the hard work of the yarraside of course.

After sitting next to saudi's for the game i can now chant in a foreign language.

How they manage to come out for 1 game and be so coordinated has me baffled.

They were loud too, if only i could understand a word they sung i might have appreciated it.

I think they were even hooked into aami's speaker system close to there bays - drums etc definitly sounded amplified.

Conversly i was horrified at the aussie aussie aussie chant that started up near the end. very cringe worthy.

The Game was great - thought the ref was on the take in the first half, luckily we prevailed and hung on.

• Like 1

Was sitting (yes that's right sitting), in the home bay, no atmosphere, just a bunch of bogans and vicmongs trying to start cricket chants, or going off there nut everytime Harry or Archie got near the ball.

Edited by jdavisheart

Was sitting (yes that's right sitting), in the home bay, no atmosphere, just a bunch of bogans and vicmongs trying to start cricket chants, or going off there nut everytime Harry or Archie got near the ball.

I encountered some of those unsavory characters attempting to set fire to a Saudi flag. Very disappointing display.

Away supporters did amazingly compared to the home side. As for the game - quite disappointed. Nothing really stood out; guess that's what you get with a grandpa's-army squad. Wouldn't they find it useful to give time to players who might actually due to age and form qualify for Brazil? le-sigh...