Melbourne Football

Socceroos V Saudi Arabia

Woody

From the website:

The match was originally scheduled to be played AAMI Park in Melbourne on Wednesday 29 February 2012 with a 7.30pm kick off.

FFA has today replied to FIFA seeking urgent clarification and review of the decision to change the kick off time to 9.30pm.

Does this mean the apparent changed time isn't set in stone or is trying to be reverted?

Either way I'm screwed with a 7am tutorial the next morning.

Edited by stephaniexo

Dont understand why people are complaining.

starts 930

Therefore ends 1130

If you leave straight away dont see how you get home later than 1230

Get to bed by 1am easily if you have to

Whats the problem?

Edited by Tesla

The only complaint I can see people have would be in regards to possible youngsters and travel distances. I know a few people who brought tickets for their children and I don't think anyone under the age of say 8 will easily manage staying up that late along with a travel home. I'd be surprised to know if metro/metlink whatever it's called now days plans on having extended night transport. Parking in the city and around the Olympic Boulevard area isn't easy to score at 9.30 at night unless you plan on hiking it to the nearest train station. Then you've got people for example who take v-line services etc that'll also be affected.

I agree; I don't see why people are complaining but I do so a list of downsides that a time change may have.

9:30 KO??????

Thats the shittest news I have heard all week. If true I wont be going. Have a family ticket and was going to bring the whole tribe, but keeping toddlers and school kids up until 1am on a Wednesday night (well, technically Thursday morning) is just not going to happen.

Dont understand why people are complaining.

starts 930

Therefore ends 1130

If you leave straight away dont see how you get home later than 1230

Get to bed by 1am easily if you have to

Whats the problem?

You wouldn't have bought tickets for a family including 3 kids, the youngest of who is 8 then would you? My 8 year old couldn't stay awake to 1am, but if somehow she did, she'd be a disaster to be around the next day, (which of course is a school day).

I already felt they had done me over by the rumour we will play a second string outfit and now this. Nice one FIFA and FFA.

• Like 1

New kickoff time kind of sux (if it stays), bought my family tickets 2 months ago. My kids wont care to much (5&8), but it is a football week for us, as we are flying up to brisbane the next day to watch heart at suncorp on the friday. Kids will be knackered on the early flight. Might have to go with mates instead of family now, or stick to foxtel.

Public transport wont work leaving ammi at 11:30pm i wouldn't think either

The FFA website (and Ticketek) still shows a KO of 7.30 p.m. If the time has been changed, then this is clearly misrepresentation and selling something under false pretences.

I bought my tickets some time ago. If the KO time is changed to 9.30, I will get home about 1.00 a.m. I doubt that my wife will want to go under those circumstances. My mates all have to work the next morning. Bloody FFA - I try to be positive about what they do but this is just not good enough.

It is FIFA who have changed the time, FFA are trying to change it back. Who had a game to be played at 9:30? it is ridiculous!

I'll still go either way, but 7:30 is definitely preferable!

9:30pm – I would not even bother...

Then again I would not bother with a National Team game again anyway after the snore fest that was the Serbia game...

Heart NYL Game > National Team Game IMO..

Then again I would not bother with a National Team game again anyway after the snore fest that was the Serbia game...

Haha yeah, it has changed a bit since I watched my first national team game on a November night back in 2005... Nothing has quite lived up to that since!

Seeing as though I live in Hawthorn though I will definitely attend.

National team game > *

• Like 1

National team game > *

You mean a Preston game right?

Still advertised as 7:30 kick off. looks like the FFA nipped the 9:30 story in the bud. Good on them, thats a big relief for me.

Over at SWFH (Shahanga World Football Headquarters) herself had to my surprise gone "hard core" and was talking about taking the kids whatever time the kick off. She would have been in a world of pain the next day, I assure you (I leave for work early and thus would miss the resulting catastrophy).

Remains to be seen who we pick. Would love to see the likes of Schwarzer & Wilshere play of course. I guess from a development point of view makes sense to give a bit more experience to some of the fringe players seeing as its a dead rubber - only problem is quite a few of those play in Europe so i for i one will be disappointed if they aren't considered.