Melbourne Football

FIFA World Cup 2014

MaliMate

Fuck me. Some of my favorites..

- ice hockey style penalty shoot

- corners, keeper vs attacker

- 3 players vs keeper but can only shoot outside the box... (Wtf) lol

- goal difference should go into the game and its it a draw the better goal difference wins... (Yeah Ok rip costa Rica or anyone smaller team)

They also said there's no skill in taking a penalty and the mental aspect ruins it.

Fukin woweeeeee

• Like 1

a dutch friend of mine once suggested that when extra time started, each team had to take off a player, so now only 10 a side

after 5 minutes another player comes off etc.

golden goal would come into play here

more space for players, extra stamina comes into it ( due to less player ,,,, der Fred)

if after 30 minutes no result from that, then the dreaded penalties ( now down to 6 side)

I've heard of that one over the years, it's a great idea however I don't believe it need s to change at all. Penalties require plenty of skill and mental toughness. Those who say penalties is all luck obviously doesn't take into account that lots of team train to become better at them. Why not flip a coin?

• Like 1

I've heard of that one over the years, it's a great idea however I don't believe it need s to change at all. Penalties require plenty of skill and mental toughness. Those who say penalties is all luck obviously doesn't take into account that lots of team train to become better at them. Why not flip a coin?

Agree, nothing wrong with penalties, requires plenty of skill, and any team that can't win a game of football in 120 minutes has no right to feel it's unfair to be eliminated. If you dont like it, then win the game in the 120 mins.

• Like 2

Agree, nothing wrong with penalties, requires plenty of skill, and any team that can't win a game of football in 120 minutes has no right to feel it's unfair to be eliminated. If you dont like it, then win the game in the 120 mins.

This, 100%

If you let it get to a penalty shootout then you obviously haven't done enough to win the game so you can't complain if you lose.

This, 100%

If you let it get to a penalty shootout then you obviously haven't done enough to win the game so you can't complain if you lose.

agree also.

after the way they played this morning, did Netherlands or Argentina really deserve to go though?

no complaints 

I saw some betting odds for Germany to win the final at 2.30 or something. Surely they should be bigger favourites than that. Germany to win 3 - 1 is my guess. 

It's because there's a fair chance of going to extra time. The odds for them to just win overall is only 1.67 on sportingbet.

Germany will win in normal time and Germany will win by 2 or more.

Not just saying this to say it but i havent seen a convincing win from Argentina yet - nothing as convincing as the 7-1 win to the Germans.

lollitop_38__oktoberfest_2010_files_o38_

I didn't give a fark about what you said but I sure admired the photo :)

Germany will win in normal time and Germany will win by 2 or more.

Not just saying this to say it but i havent seen a convincing win from Argentina yet - nothing as convincing as the 7-1 win to the Germans.

lollitop_38__oktoberfest_2010_files_o38_

I didn't give a fark about what you said but I sure admired the photo :)

Had to attract attention some way ;)