Club Song Survey

Ritzman

1. Player Walk Out Song
Breathe by The Prodigy
t.gifThunderstruck by AC/DC
t.gifWhen the Heart Go Marching In
t.gifWake up by Rage Against the Machine
t.gifSweet Child O Mine by Guns 'n' Roses

2. Pre-Match Club Song (Two minutes before kick-off)
t.gifSo Happy Together by The Turtles
t.gifWelcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n' Roses
t.gifExpress Yourself by Charles Wright
t.gifWe Will Rock You by Queen

3. Goal Celebration Track
Jump Around by House of Pain
t.gifGroove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite
t.gifGet Up Offa That Thing by James Brown
t.gifI See Red by Split Enz
t.gifSong 2 by Blur

4. End of Game (Win) Track
Track  Every Day People by Arrested Development
t.gifSo Happy Together by The Turtles
t.gifWhen The Heart Go Marching In
t.gifHearts on Fire by John Cafferty
t.gifHeart Attack by Domi Lovato

Wow so the poll came out for the 'club songs' and I personally think the selection is absolutely shit :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MelbourneHeartClubSongs <<< Link to the survey

Everyone vote for Heart Attack by 'Domi' Lovato!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ritzman
  • Like 1

You cant change our theme song so it should be

Kickoff - SHT

For walkout - Heart go marching in could go well as if its what i think it is, we could all chant to it.

Goal, i have no idea, just let us celebrate rather then kill it with a shitty song.

End game - should be SHT as its our song and we should be proudly singing it :3

Just voted for SHT for pre-game and win tracks. Left the others blank. TBH don't really care whether that negates my vote now.

What on earth possessed the club to want to change something that was introduced only half-way through last season?

Just not listening to its supporters. That disappoints me intensely. It's no way to build an enduring culture or a bond between club and fans.

Edited by jw1739

Just voted for SHT for pre-game and win tracks. Left the others blank. TBH don't really care whether that negates my vote now.

What on earth possessed the club to want to change something that was introduced only half-way through last season?

Just not listening to its supporters. That disappoints me intensely. It's no way to build an enduring culture or a bond between club and fans.

But it's quite the opposite, club is listening to all the fans and giving them a choice of mostly crappy music.

NBA is quivering

Just went and researched what Hearts on Fire and Heart Attack are. Fucking hell!

Still, there was enough for me to be able to lodge a vote. Rage Against the Machine, SHT before and after & Song 2. Sorry to those who want nothing, but I like those.

I never notice the goal song until I go home and watch the replay anyway. So no big deal.

Same with the pre game walk out. Last year was Hysteria. I love that song, but hardly noticed it when it came to the moment.

Hate 'The Prodigy - Breathe' badly!

Stoked Rage made the final cut haha! I'll be the only one to vote for that ;)

But as long as SHT is sung pre kick off, who really cares. That is something we have developed and hope to keep going with. If the rest of it didn't come from supporters suggestions/voting and it was left to the club, they'd have chosen something shit anyway. Look at the track record.

Just get to the game and embrace what's infront of us :)

Can I ask what the problem with 'I see red' is though? It kind of grew on me last year...

I don't mind it either. Driving in to the derby on Saturday, I flicked radio stations and it was playing on gold 104. It got us pretty excited and we thought it was a certain omen that we'd win. Sadly, we didn't of course. I probably would've voted for it if we did.

• Like 2

I realize that the younger brigade has a clear preference for more edgy and alternative sound, however if we going to get most of the yarra end singing, we must consider the rest of the population.

Hence the need to consider something slightly more mainstream from gold fm archives.

Not the most popular option here...... But if you want the middle age & family groups singing with us, SHT is an excellent example

• Like 2

I realize that the younger brigade has a clear preference for more edgy and alternative sound, however if we going to get most of the yarra end singing, we must consider the rest of the population.

Hence the need to consider something slightly more mainstream from gold fm archives.

Not the most popular option here...... But if you want the middle age & family groups singing with us, SHT is an excellent example

I'll be interested to see how many members actually vote - if that figure is ever made public.